News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, March 23, 2016, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roselaar

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on April 26, 2016, 07:38:08 AM
Quote from: Takama on April 26, 2016, 02:39:01 AM
The only way i will consider these is that 1, they branch out to more then just Chinese Species, and 2 they become available on Amazon, or Dans Dinosaurs

In my view (as a collector)  this line is so interesting BECAUSE of the chinese species; there are plenty of Apatosaurus, Parasaurolophus or Triceratops on the market... but I can't recall any other Huanghetitan on the market until now, so...

I totally agree. There's plenty (if not too much) Rexes and Trikes on the market already, it's high time the plethora of Sinosaurs got a chance to shine. I had never even heard of Mandschurosaurus and Huanghetitan before I saw these!

sauroid

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on April 26, 2016, 07:38:08 AM
The only way i will consider these is that 1, they branch out to more then just Chinese Species, and 2 they become available on Amazon, or Dans Dinosaurs

In my view (as a collector)  this line is so interesting BECAUSE of the chinese species; there are plenty of Apatosaurus, Parasaurolophus or Triceratops on the market... but I can't recall any other Huanghetitan on the market until now, so...

The original chinese price for these figures is between 20-50 USD.
The shipping price become  higher because of their size.
Any other future reseller will have to deal with that.
And probably any other future reseller will rise up prices because of his own fee, import taxes from China and (of course) rarity.
Quote from: Sim on April 26, 2016, 12:47:07 PM

This line already has a non-Chinese species: Tyrannosaurus rex.

exactly!

China has dozens if not hundreds of dinosaur species that PNSO can make into figures. i am so grateful that a new line is focusing on (mostly) untapped Chinese/Central Asian species.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Flaffy

I personally think that they could have made a velociraptor instead of a T-rex. Since they chose to make a well known dinosaur, why don't they choose velociraptor, who was found in Inner Mongolia ;D! They could have made a up to date, accurately feathered velociraptor. But now we're stuck with yet another T-rex. :P

sauroid

they might make a Velociraptor someday.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Halichoeres

I've got to echo the prevailing sentiment here and say that the uniqueness of the taxon choices, and the focus on one (extremely rich, fossil-wise) region are big selling points for me. The only thing that makes me balk a bit is the extraordinary size--I'm not sure where I'll put them. But I'll definitely find a way to get these (but not from Monster House, on sheer principle), and deal with the space problem when I have to.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

LophoLeeVT

i was looking my books and it turned out there is a book about dinosaurus by PNSO too!
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

RobinGoodfellow

I'd like to share with you my personal experience buying PNSO Dinosaurs at Monster House Hong Kong.

I decided to go with Huanghetitan + Shantungosaurus + Mandschurosaurus.
I contacted MH HK via Facebook.
They replied very fast to my questions.
Prices are cheaper than MH HK Ebay's store because of Ebay's fee.
They asked me 50 USD (each) for Shantungosaurus + Mandschurosaurus and 90 USD for Huanghetitan.
The original chinese prices for the PNSO line are lower ( between 20 and 50 USD on Taobao)
The shipping price to Europe is 100 USD because of the extra size of the 3 figures ( Taobao uses a third part company to ship to Europe and it's more expensive).
The grandtotal on MH HK was 290 USD  ( it was 326 USD on Taobao ).
I decided to do an order.
MH HK sent me a regular Paypal Invoice.
I did the payment.
The shipment took 2 weeks to Italy.
The 3 figures were very well (and safely ) packaged with -a lot of- plastic bags , paper etc..
No damages during the travel from Hong Kong to Italy.
Now the 3 figures stand on my shelfs.
I had no problem at all with MH HK and I spent less money than Taobao.
For USA customers Taobao could be less expensive than MH HK because Taobao can ship directly to USA (and figure's price is lower).

Here my PNSO Dinos:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157667322973960

Bye   :)

P.S ...just a personal opinion about scalpers and Asian products: in Japan a single Kaiyodo figure is more or less 500Y ( = 5 USD ). But nobody sells Kaiyodo in USA/Europe for less than 12 USD...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on May 06, 2016, 05:01:50 PM
I'd like to share with you my personal experience buying PNSO Dinosaurs at Monster House Hong Kong.

I decided to go with Huanghetitan + Shantungosaurus + Mandschurosaurus.
I contacted MH HK via Facebook.
They replied very fast to my questions.
Prices are cheaper than Ebay because of Ebay's fee.
They asked me 50 USD (each) for Shantungosaurus + Mandschurosaurus and 90 USD for Huanghetitan.
The original chinese prices for the PNSO line are lower ( between 20 and 50 USD on Taobao)
The shipping price to Europe is 100 USD because of the extra size of the 3 figures ( Taobao uses a third part company to ship to Europe and it's more expensive).
The grandtotal on MH HK was 290 USD  ( it was 326 USD on Taobao ).
I decided to do an order.
MH HK sent me a regular Paypal Invoice.
I did the payment.
The shipment took 2 weeks to Italy.
The 3 figures were very well (and safely ) packaged with -a lot of- plastic bags , paper etc..
No damages during the travel from Hong Kong to Italy.
Now the 3 figures stand on my shelfs.
I had no problem at all with MH HK and I spent less money than Taobao.
For USA customers Taobao could be less expensive than MH HK because Taobao can ship directly to USA (and figure's price is lower).

Here my PNSO Dinos:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157667322973960

Bye   :)

P.S ...just a personal opinion about scalpers and Asian products: in Japan a single Kaiyodo figure is more or less 500Y ( = 5 USD ). But nobody sells Kaiyodo in USA/Europe for less than 12 USD...

Awesome pics!

acro-man

Acro-man's announcement of PNSO ORDERS

--------------------

To Daspletodave, ProSauropod, ceratopsian, EarthboundEiniosaurus,

who have ordered from me, and are anxiously waiting

- good news - THE WAIT IS OVER!

your PNSO have finally been sent out by the vendor 2 days ago and they have arrived the shipping company warehouse today. tomorrow i will email each of you the details of shipping.
for unknown reason, the vendor has been holding the dinosaurs up for 2 weeks, despite been urged many times to send them out.
this however, has put me into a very awkward situation as i promised earlier that "they will be sent out within 2 days". i hereby apologize for misleading and the desperately long wait.

---------------------

To Invicta Hunter, RobinGoodfellows, Albertosaurs, and "James",

who have made inquiries.

i am sorry to make you wait a long and silent wait until today's update.
tomorrow you will get the shipping details as well.
but if you still want to order with me:
1. you probably have to wait another 2 weeks or so
2. the vendor has raised the price by 9 bucks for Huanghetitan and 4 bucks for the other five.

again, sorry for keeping it so long.

---------------------

To the other members,

i am sorry i can't take any orders any more.
i am getting very busy recently due to my job requirement.
my deepest apologies for you all. :-[
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!

Blade-of-the-Moon

LophoLeeVT

the pics from acro-man

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: raptor64870 on May 08, 2016, 05:56:53 AM
the pics from acro-man

They appear for me, but they are screen shots of his discussion not images of the figures or anything. 

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: acro-man on May 08, 2016, 04:28:54 AM
Acro-man's announcement of PNSO ORDERS

--------------------

To Invicta Hunter, RobinGoodfellows, Albertosaurs, and "James",

who have made inquiries.

i am sorry to make you wait a long and silent wait until today's update.
tomorrow you will get the shipping details as well.
but if you still want to order with me:
1. you probably have to wait another 2 weeks or so
2. the vendor has raised the price by 9 bucks for Huanghetitan and 4 bucks for the other five.

again, sorry for keeping it so long.

---------------------

You have nothing to worry about.
Sent a PM.
Thank you.

acro-man

Quote from: raptor64870 on May 08, 2016, 05:56:53 AM
the pics from acro-man

oh.... i thought photobucket might be more universal...
back in china, we have many websites blocked.
literally i can't see any of the pics on the blog unless i turn on the VPN gateway. :(
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

EarthboundEiniosaurus

Thank you very much for the update acro-man, I was getting a bit worried. Thank you for doing this for us here on the forum, i'm sure I speak for all of us when I say we greatly appreciate it :)

Thanks,

EarthboundEiniosaurus
"Just think about it... Ceratopsids were the Late Cretaceous Laramidian equivalent of todays birds of paradise. And then there's Sinoceratops..."
- Someone, somewhere, probably.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Glad it's going well at least,  sorry I won't be able to get them myself unless I go through MH now.  Things have been so slow here..it's rained just about every day for two weeks...so I
ve been light on funds.  ugh

sauroid

if only PNSO figures were  1:40 scale then there would be minimal to no shipping issue/s. why did they have to make them so huge??? (i really dont get why they have to be that big when they can be as impressive at 1:40-1:35)

Paleogene Pals

I just put an order in with Monster House HK for the Lufengosaurus. Unfortunately, they are sold out on all of the PNSO dinosaurs except for the Lufengosaurus and Huanghetitan. And, due to shipping costs, they are not restocking them. This means I have to find another source for the Mandschurosaurus. Also, what is the exact scale of the Huanghetitan? Isn't it around 30 meters long which makes it around 150 cm long in 1/20 scale?

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: sauroid on May 08, 2016, 03:56:17 PM
if only PNSO figures were  1:40 scale then there would be minimal to no shipping issue/s. why did they have to make them so huge??? (i really dont get why they have to be that big when they can be as impressive at 1:40-1:35)

In the beginning I thought the same: they are too big!
But now they are on my shelfs and I'm thinking: they are not too big but too impressive!
Believe me: size matters...  ;)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: