News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, March 23, 2016, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on April 18, 2016, 02:55:18 AM
I think they are hollow... :-\

Yes, they are high quality hollow vinyl.  If they were solid they would cost 3X as much and the shipping would be prohibitive.  Having said that, the sculpts are darn-near RESIN-QUALITY.  Like the old 1/20 and 1/35 Kaiyodo models, but made with sturdier (thicker) vinyl...

Flaffy

I've heard that the paint rubs off easily, is that true?

Simon

The only place I saw a couple of tiny little paint rubs (that I will easily fix myself) are around the mouths of the two sauropods - a common affliction that the old Battat Diplodocus shared - those parts stick out so far from the rest of the body that they can easily come into contact with something ...

EarthboundEiniosaurus

acro man, I am very much interested in option #2, if you could please get in contact with me to work out the details that would be great :) I can send you a PM if you want, with my email if it is required.

Thanks,

EarthboundEiniosaurus
"Just think about it... Ceratopsids were the Late Cretaceous Laramidian equivalent of todays birds of paradise. And then there's Sinoceratops..."
- Someone, somewhere, probably.

docronnie

Thanks Simon, for the invaluable info. Very much appreciated! :-)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Dino8me1

I have already got them all yesterday. As you all expect, they are made of hollow vinyl. Their weights are not problem to concern at all.
The biggest problem is undoubtly their very huge size. I had to use my car trunk to carry just only 2 Huanghetitans back to my home and put the rest on passenger seats.
I think they are too huge for sauropod figurines.

triceratops83

I was curious about this line so I picked up the Shantungosaurus. Now THESE are dinosaur toys...
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Brunno

Hello guys! This is my first reply here, and I have just confirmed my buy with Monster House. Well, I'm from Brazil and ordered the big sauropod and the value to ship it to me here here is US$ 60,00.

RobinGoodfellow

My order to Monster House HK: Shantungosaurus + Mandschurosaurus + Huanghetitan.
Shipping price to Europe (Italy) is 100 USD.

Albertosaurus

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on April 24, 2016, 07:00:50 PM
My order to Monster House HK: Shantungosaurus + Mandschurosaurus + Huanghetitan.

Hey that price is not bad at all!! I could probably consider buying with them.

Roselaar

And how much did those three figures themselves combined cost?

I'm very tempted, but also very aware of the likelihood of import taxes ruining what might otherwise be a good deal... :-/

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Roselaar on April 24, 2016, 08:38:45 PM

And how much did those three figures themselves combined cost?

I'm very tempted, but also very aware of the likelihood of import taxes ruining what might otherwise be a good deal... :-/

Monster House has higher prices than buying the figures on Taobao but lower prices on shipping.
Shantungosaurus + Mandschurosaurus are 50 USD each ( 100 USD in total ).
Huanghetitan is 90 USD.
These are the prices if you contact MH directly on Facebook. Ebay prices are higher.
The grandtotal (with shipping cost) is 290 USD ( that's lower than Taobao because Taobao has higher prices on shipment).

Local taxes could be a problem.
Here in Italy I'll pay 23% on Customs Tax.
And it doesn't matter choosing Monster House HK or Taobao because Customs Taxes are inevitable so...  ::)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Going for the same three through acro-man is only 225.00 though.  cheapest i've seen.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 25, 2016, 04:39:36 AM
Going for the same three through acro-man is only 225.00 though.  cheapest i've seen.

Yes, but only for USA customers.
I talked to acro-man.
The grandtotal for the 3 figures+ shipping cost is 326 USD ( Europe ).
I spent 290 USD with Monster House HK.
Taobao can ship directly to USA but they use an external company to ship in Europe.
That company has a shipping cost of 253 USD.
So Monster House HK seems to be cheaper for European customers (by now...).

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on April 25, 2016, 07:18:51 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 25, 2016, 04:39:36 AM

Yes, but only for USA customers.
I talked to acro-man.
The grandtotal for the 3 figures+ shipping cost is 326 USD ( Europe ).
I spent 290 USD with Monster House HK.
Taobao can ship directly to USA but they use an external company to ship in Europe.
That company has a shipping cost of 253 USD.
So Monster House HK seems to be cheaper for European customers (by now...).

Ah ok I understand now.  I'm hoping to order those three myself soon.

Roselaar

Still rather a financial setback for me. I guess I'll skip this line. It's not like I got the space for it anyway.

Takama

The only way i will consider these is that 1, they branch out to more then just Chinese Species, and 2 they become available on Amazon, or Dans Dinosaurs

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Takama on April 26, 2016, 02:39:01 AM
The only way i will consider these is that 1, they branch out to more then just Chinese Species, and 2 they become available on Amazon, or Dans Dinosaurs

In my view (as a collector)  this line is so interesting BECAUSE of the chinese species; there are plenty of Apatosaurus, Parasaurolophus or Triceratops on the market... but I can't recall any other Huanghetitan on the market until now, so...

The original chinese price for these figures is between 20-50 USD.
The shipping price become  higher because of their size.
Any other future reseller will have to deal with that.
And probably any other future reseller will rise up prices because of his own fee, import taxes from China and (of course) rarity.

Sim

Quote from: Takama on April 26, 2016, 02:39:01 AM

This line already has a non-Chinese species: Tyrannosaurus rex.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: