News:

Dinosaur Toy Forum Diorama Contest 2024. Deadline for submissions is October 29th 2024. Contest details here.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, March 23, 2016, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rubicon

I'm thinking of getting the Huanghetitan... I understand that it is hollow.. does it feel cheap in hand?

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: rubicon on August 27, 2016, 05:18:19 PM
I'm thinking of getting the Huanghetitan... I understand that it is hollow.. does it feel cheap in hand?

Absolutely no. It's an impressive figure, very well detailed and HUGE.
And yes, it's hollow but you can't squeeze it like a baby-toy...
It's quite solid on hands.
The only problem could be the paint work: the figure can suffer from scratching during shipping..
But it's an absolute eye-catching model on the shelf.

rubicon

Thanks for the reply!

I've just placed my order with PNSO on Amazon.. Prices seem pretty good.

Fingers crossed that they don't arrive too battered.

Silvanusaurus

Has anyone taken the plunge on the T rex?

Bokisaurus

Just ordered a couple including that huge sauropod ;D

tanystropheus

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on August 28, 2016, 10:42:32 AM

LOL, what is up with the Rex? It's as if someone else sculpted him.

terrorchicken

the Amazon prices are not bad, but I wonder if the free shipping means a less secure/poor packing/packaging for the figures. Maybe not worth the risk...

Simon

Yes I have, and I wouldn't recommend it unless you are looking to cut the figure off just below the chest and discard most of the torso, legs and tail which are impossibly posed, too large, and generally not attractive to look at.

As far as the part from the chest up, I intend to combine that with a body from a different vinyl kit some day.

But, yeah ... if you buy it, you will likely be disappointed ... hope that helps inform your decision ...

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: terrorchicken on August 28, 2016, 08:32:31 PM
the Amazon prices are not bad, but I wonder if the free shipping means a less secure/poor packing/packaging for the figures. Maybe not worth the risk...

From what I know, there are only 4 ways to obtain these figures right now:

1) Directly from China with Taobao (website in chinese only / credit card required / very high shipping price )
2) MonsterHouse HK via Facebook or Ebay ( despite DTF's comments, I have had absolutely NO problem with MHHK , the total price of figures+shipping is lower than Taobao )
3) from Dan's Dinosaurs ( fee on figures is quite high )
4) from PNSO via Amazon (actually the cheapest price of all)

That's all.
Otherwise you need a guy from China sending the figures as a friend....  ;)

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: Simon on August 28, 2016, 11:56:40 PM

Yes I have, and I wouldn't recommend it unless you are looking to cut the figure off just below the chest and discard most of the torso, legs and tail which are impossibly posed, too large, and generally not attractive to look at.

As far as the part from the chest up, I intend to combine that with a body from a different vinyl kit some day.

But, yeah ... if you buy it, you will likely be disappointed ... hope that helps inform your decision ...

Oh dear, I wonder why it turned out to be such an odd duck... If it was super cheap I'd be interested purely for the novelty of it. Hopefully if they produce further theropods in future they will be alot better.

lyleblosser

Quote from: MLMjp on March 23, 2016, 02:24:35 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on March 23, 2016, 11:32:39 AM
Looks like they're in 1/20 and 1/15 scale. That's too bad. They are pretty gorgeous however.

Im with you.
Even the Shantungosaurus, which looked smaler, is in 1/25. A pity, cause I really like that one...

I just got four of these today, and subjected them to my "rigorous" (OK, not all that rigorous) measurement using a flexible metric measuring tape, and measuring from the nose to the tip of the tail, following the spinal column as much as possible.  Here are my results:

Euhelopus:  figure=580mm (life=15m) -> scale=1:26
Huanghetitan: figure=790mm (life=30m) -> scale=1:38
Mandschurosaurus: figure=400mm (life=8m ) -> scale=1:20
Shantungosaurus: figure=430mm (life=16.5m) -> scale=1:38

Pleasantly surprised!

Halichoeres

Confirming what lyleblosser said, I got mine this week and found:
Euhelopus around 1:25
Shantungosaurus around 1:32-1:38 (specimens vary in size)
Lufengosaurus 1:10-1:15 depending on which species is being attempted
Huanghetitan and Mandschurosaurus are known from such scrappy remains that total length estimates are extremely speculative. So I'm waiting for my school's library to scan and deliver copies of the original descriptions so I can scale them from known elements.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

acro-man

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on August 29, 2016, 07:01:14 AM

From what I know, there are only 4 ways to obtain these figures right now:

1) Directly from China with Taobao (website in chinese only / credit card required / very high shipping price )
2) MonsterHouse HK via Facebook or Ebay ( despite DTF's comments, I have had absolutely NO problem with MHHK , the total price of figures+shipping is lower than Taobao )
3) from Dan's Dinosaurs ( fee on figures is quite high )
4) from PNSO via Amazon (actually the cheapest price of all)

That's all.
Otherwise you need a guy from China sending the figures as a friend....  ;)

RobinGoodfellows is right.
I just went to a PNSO "They" exhibition in Beijing.
The fellow in charge said the existing models can be bought on Amazon PNSO store now.
And new models are 'rumored' to be under production.

The exhibition is a small one, but quite impressive with the 3 big white 1:1 sculptures.
Check my post below:
http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4767540082
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

Simon

Quote from: acro-man on September 05, 2016, 03:12:59 AM

RobinGoodfellows is right.
I just went to a PNSO "They" exhibition in Beijing.
The fellow in charge said the existing models can be bought on Amazon PNSO store now.
And new models are 'rumored' to be under production.

The exhibition is a small one, but quite impressive with the 3 big white 1:1 sculptures.
Check my post below:
http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4767540082

You have my attention!!!   ;D ;D ;D ;D

tyrantqueen

Wish they made stuff in smaller scales, but I suppose you can't have everything. If I was collecting 1/20 again I would have snapped these up. But now, I'm building myself a new PC and need to save money for that.

darth daniel

I just ordered the Huanghetitan from Amazon, and it seems PNSO are expanding their line. :) On their Amazon product page, where you can switch between the models, they have added a Basilosaurus, Chungkingosaurus and Megalodon since yesterday (or I didn´t notice them yesterday). Very impressive sculpts and paintwork... But the Huanghetitan alone is expensive enough for now. I hope it survives shipping without too much damage.

sauroid

Basilosaurus. everyone's wish has come true.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Flaffy

Apparently they come with boxes now, yay. FYI, PNSO made aa whole bunch more mini dinosaurs for their line. Safari and CollectA is gonna face some REAL competition if they get released out of China. Time for some eye candy.
Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LKQPEBW/ref=twister_B01LKQRSFW?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: