News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, March 23, 2016, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stegotyranno420

While i coulnt find any info about it, i know exactly what you are talking about

edit:

sauroid

where do you guys contact PNSO? through their fb page?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on March 22, 2021, 05:27:13 PM
While i coulnt find any info about it, i know exactly what you are talking about

edit:

This was a special edition repaint that had a very limited number. The triceratops also was repainted as a special edition.

Mattyonyx

I'm just wondering if the limited edition is the one shared by Stegotyranno420 or another one because I clearly remember the "eye symbol" on the sail...

KeU

Quote from: Mattyonyx on March 24, 2021, 11:38:14 PM
I'm just wondering if the limited edition is the one shared by Stegotyranno420 or another one because I clearly remember the "eye symbol" on the sail...
I can't find the pictures, but that would be the painted prototype PNSO teased before they disappeared a few years ago.

Syndicate Bias

The painted prototypes of the Giga and Spino are a tragedy

Sim

I recently received the PNSO Miragaia and Carnotaurus.  Unfortunately the Carnotaurus had a sticky dark splotch on its tail.  I tried to remove it using water, soap and a toothbrush and most of it went.  A little bit has remained but it seems to no longer be sticky.  It's left me quite upset actually, and I wonder if I did the right thing?  I'm also not sure what to do now.

Dinoguy2

Quote from: Sim on March 25, 2021, 05:36:45 PM
I recently received the PNSO Miragaia and Carnotaurus.  Unfortunately the Carnotaurus had a sticky dark splotch on its tail.  I tried to remove it using water, soap and a toothbrush and most of it went.  A little bit has remained but it seems to no longer be sticky.  It's left me quite upset actually, and I wonder if I did the right thing?  I'm also not sure what to do now.

Sounds like a factory defect. I'd try to get a refund/replacement.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Bread

Quote from: Sim on March 25, 2021, 05:36:45 PM
Contact your seller. If nothing works out with the seller, contact PNSO through their amazon store. Hope you either receive a refund or replacement soon!

SidB

Here's an unrelated PNSO question for those of you "in the know" - has there been a repaint of the mid-range Spinops done by PNSO in the last year or so? If that's the case, are there any pictures comparing the new with the old? Thanks in advance.

Dinoguy2

Quote from: SidB on March 28, 2021, 08:19:53 PM
Here's an unrelated PNSO question for those of you "in the know" - has there been a repaint of the mid-range Spinops done by PNSO in the last year or so? If that's the case, are there any pictures comparing the new with the old? Thanks in advance.

1. Yes. The new one is darker green and has more distinct stripes.
2. Not that I know of, I've only seen pics of both versions by different people.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Dromaenychus

I only have the new one, but I put together some comparisons using the pictures from the internet (probably form Dinotoyblog.com, but I don't remember)
Old one top, new bottom
Gallery:
http://imgur.com/gallery/0kHCs8F

sauroid

imo, the second paint version is much better than the original.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

SidB

Quote from: Dinoguy2 on March 28, 2021, 09:12:41 PM

1. Yes. The new one is darker green and has more distinct stripes.
2. Not that I know of, I've only seen pics of both versions by different people.
Thanks.

SidB

Quote from: Dromaenychus on March 29, 2021, 03:04:38 PM
I only have the new one, but I put together some comparisons using the pictures from the internet (probably form Dinotoyblog.com, but I don't remember)
Old one top, new bottom
Gallery:
http://imgur.com/gallery/0kHCs8F
Thanks, that was quite useful.

SidB

Quote from: sauroid on March 29, 2021, 05:47:54 PM
imo, the second paint version is much better than the original.
I've got the first one, I can see now, so I may acquire the second also. Appreciate your opinion.

Halichoeres

Thanks, avatar_Dromaenychus @Dromaenychus. I have the first one, it's got sort of a pale clayey wash. I just imagine it was in a bit of a windstorm.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Dromaenychus

I like the paint job on the body and the lack of "mud" one the face of the second version, but the first version has a nicer frill coloring, imo.
I'm happy with the newer one though. I wasn't to keen on it based on the pictures, but then I realized Spinops is just a Centrosaurus with a spikier frill, so I had to get it.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Did someone buy Ron, the Mosasaurus recently? I would like to know, how the Changes to the Paintapp are on this one. Or IF there are differences like with the other, older Figures. Since the Midrangefigures look improved, i am afraid, that the more expensive PNSOs suffered, like the Amargasaurus.

Sim

Thanks D @Dinoguy2 and avatar_Bread @Bread for your advice regarding the problem with the PNSO Carnotaurus I received.  After considering it, I decided I don't like the PNSO Carnotaurus enough to get a replacement and I don't want to go through the hassle of returning it to get a refund, so I'll give it to charity.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: