News:

Dinosaur Toy Forum Diorama Contest 2024. Deadline for submissions is October 29th 2024. Contest details here.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, March 23, 2016, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daspletotyrannus

Quote from: sauroid on October 07, 2016, 05:34:32 AM
Quote from: Halichoeres on October 06, 2016, 11:07:36 PM
Quote from: Daspletotyrannus on October 06, 2016, 10:45:51 PM
Are any of the mini figures at or around 1:40 scale?

I think the Kosmoceratops, Kentroceratops, and maaaaybe the Einiosaurus are close to 1:40, but other than that, I don't think so. I thought the Proceratosaurus might be, but I bought it and it's closer to 1:25.
you mean Kentrosaurus?  ;D

I kinda figured that what he meant. I did look at the list again when I saw that. I was like I never heard of that before.  Lol

Halichoeres

Ha, yes, I meant Kentrosaurus. I had just finished typing Kosmoceratops and...well, you know how it goes.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Gwangi

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 07, 2016, 02:08:36 PM
Ha, yes, I meant Kentrosaurus. I had just finished typing Kosmoceratops and...well, you know how it goes.

Oddly enough I just posted my review for the PNSO Kosmoceratops but initially posted it as Kosmosaurus.  :o

Halichoeres

I couldn't find any good estimates of the size of Mandschurosaurus online or in any of my dinosaur books. So I requested the original description from my school's library (I LOVE interlibrary loan). It looks like I'm the first person to ever request it, unless Stanford recently replaced this checkout card:

I don't think a recently replaced checkout card would have so much leached glue, however.

It's almost entirely in Russian, with parts in French and English. This was a time before English became the lingua franca of science. But language is no barrier here--all I really wanted was measurements of skeletal elements to get the scale on the new PNSO figure. Measured in a straight line, as though with calipers, here are the measurements of the three most complete longbones on the holotype and on the figure:
scapula: 76 cm, 4.8 cm on the toy
ulna: 62.4 cm, 3 cm on the toy
tibia: 90 cm, 5.2 cm on the toy

The first thing to notice is that they aren't even all to scale with each other. The tibia is too short, or the scapula is too long. But averaging the three, the figure is about 1:18 scale.

I feel a little guilty putting such a rare manuscript to such frivolous use, but I feel a little better if everyone else can share in the information gleaned.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Georassic

That is a cool post, on many levels.

Albertosaurus

Working on my Chunkingosaurus repaint. Details like eyes,nails and some dry brushing are still missing.

Roselaar

Looks already totally fabulous! :)

Paleogene Pals

My Mandschurosaurus and Nyctosaurus finally came in! I am stunned. They are every bit as good as the Kaiyodo Dinolands. However, I do plan on modifying the Nyctosaurus (such as getting rid of the head sail) and getting both repainted. I just hope they make more models and in 1/20 scale.

Mo_the_Triceratops_King

Can we get more pics? :D

My megadalodon will come next week.  C:-)

copper

Albertosaurus can I ask if that's an original design sheet / consept art from The Croods' Tiger Chunky or a print one?

And stunning paintwork on the  Chunkingosaurus!

sauroid

nice to see you again and welcome back Copper!
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

copper

Quote from: sauroid on October 16, 2016, 07:26:51 PM
nice to see you again and welcome back Copper!

It's nice to be back! : )  Slowly catching up with all the new figures and models and I'm definitely going to get myself few of these new wonderful looking pnso models when I get the chance
(There's a message I wrote on the members' board's thread concerning health that explains my recent absent)

Zhuchengotyrant

Does anyone else have stability issues? I bought the Shantungosaurus and it needs its foot that is off the ground to stand, leaving the back foot a little off the ground. It is still nice, and I can still use it, but I just wanted to know if you guys are having the same issue
-Zhuchengotyrant

Georassic

Quote from: Zhuchengotyrant on October 18, 2016, 10:12:06 PM
Does anyone else have stability issues? I bought the Shantungosaurus and it needs its foot that is off the ground to stand, leaving the back foot a little off the ground. It is still nice, and I can still use it, but I just wanted to know if you guys are having the same issue
Same for me on Shantungo. It wasn't falling over, but leaning. I had to put a piece of folded card under his right rear foot to stabilize. Also, I got 5 of the minis, and my Nyctosaurus and Einiosaurus also have stability issues.

ceratopsian

I think stability is the firm's biggest problem.  I put a little flattish stone under the Shantungo's raised foreleg, which solves the problem completely.  The Mandschurosaurus needs quite a bit of assistance to stay upright and it stays on its plastic support, except for special occasions.  The Chungkingosaurus has a back leg out of line and leans - a bit of judiciously applied Blutack under the foot to change the angle of contact with the ground slightly works well.  All my minis are fine, as is Huanghetitan.  However, despite these slight stability issues, I still like the line.

Ikessauro

Did anyone else notice that all PNSO models are not available through Amazon anymore? Or is it just a local issue?

ceratopsian

Quote from: Ikessauro on November 03, 2016, 12:18:37 AM
Did anyone else notice that all PNSO models are not available through Amazon anymore? Or is it just a local issue?

They are still available on Amazon.co.uk.

tanystropheus

That's bad. Hopefully, they restock!

Halichoeres

Well, they're now in stock at DeJankins, so not to worry.

terrorchicken

the extant animals(African Animals, Family Zoo) arent available either...something's going on.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: