News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: 1/18 Velociraptor "Winston"

Started by joossa, March 26, 2016, 03:16:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoG

Run!

Halichoeres

Quote from: joossa on August 25, 2016, 05:33:02 PM

I'm pleasantly surprised that Rebor implemented peg holes at the bottom of the feet and pegs on the base. Improvements, I'd say.

That's good to know. They're learning.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shadowknight1

I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Mo_the_Triceratops_King

Yep its awesome, not a single thing i can complain about (it could be a bit cheaper in price but ok ^^). I like how Rebor made the glossy eyes and the realistic teeth. Now we need a big Spino or a Triceratops male or Stegosaurus. I put my Rebor Stego and Triceratops baby to my Sideshow Tric. and Stego modells in the meanwhile.

Arul

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Arul on August 31, 2016, 01:59:28 PM
Quote from: Shadowknight1 on August 27, 2016, 07:29:10 PM
Got my Winston yesterday!  It looks great!

can it stand without the base bro ?
I can't speak for all of them, but if mine is a typical specimen, then no.  The feet aren't made flat to the ground, but appear to be made specifically to slot into the base.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on August 31, 2016, 10:36:10 PM
Quote from: Arul on August 31, 2016, 01:59:28 PM
Quote from: Shadowknight1 on August 27, 2016, 07:29:10 PM
Got my Winston yesterday!  It looks great!

can it stand without the base bro ?
I can't speak for all of them, but if mine is a typical specimen, then no.  The feet aren't made flat to the ground, but appear to be made specifically to slot into the base.

REBOR finally almost got it. Now, they need to make theropods w pegged bases that can also stand on its own. Actually, forget theropods...we need some herbivores. Living hadrosaurs would be nice. How about a model that will make everyone happy? (e.g. Lexovisaurus, Leptoceratops etc.)

Takama

MEH Pegs on bases is enogh for me, as long it prevents the model from toppling over and getting damaged. making me have to spend another $80+ to get a replacement.

It irks me that they have not thoght of the peg solution until now. I would of gladly considered there models if they would quit pretending there toys instead of your typical statues

DinoG

Received my Winston today...if you like JP style dinos you can't get it better than this, absolutely stunning
Run!

Arul

Quote from: DinoG on September 14, 2016, 11:58:00 PM
Received my Winston today...if you like JP style dinos you can't get it better than this, absolutely stunning

Glad to hear that :)

Victoria's Cantina

Just wondering... is anyone's Winston starting to lean forward? Mine looks like he's dipping forward just a bit more than when I first bought him.

tanystropheus

The actual product looks quite good, but not as JP-ish as the promo photos. Those were pretty much identical to the film adaptation!

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Victoria B on October 25, 2016, 09:05:31 PM
Just wondering... is anyone's Winston starting to lean forward? Mine looks like he's dipping forward just a bit more than when I first bought him.
Not that I've noticed.  I'll keep an eye out though.

Dilopho

I think Rebor should maybe try at making the JP/// Velociraptors. They are very interesting and JP-style raptors seem to be a really strong point for them, they look amazing!

Takama

I think rebor should stop making PVC figures that will warp over time

Invicta Hunter

Quote from: Takama on October 26, 2016, 03:18:24 PM
I think rebor should stop making PVC figures that will warp over time

I second that.
They really do need to use something more rigid that retains it's shape better.

vmi

Raptorqueen89

such a beautiful tribute to JP.  I have both the LE and standard version.

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Victoria B on October 25, 2016, 09:05:31 PM
Update.  Mine is still straight and true.  Is your's still leaning?

Shonisaurus

I have commissioned the velociraptor Winston Rebor in fact is on the way and I'm concerned about the sustainability of their figure. With what cost the Rebor figures is a pity that then have manufacturing defects in all its figures.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: