News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: 1/18 Velociraptor "Winston"

Started by joossa, March 26, 2016, 03:16:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

I think it has some artistic libriteis to it. if they made it EXACTLY like the JP Raptos then Hasbro would sue the lights out of them.

Honestly I have no interest in this model as it does not fit in with ANY of the models they made so far.   

tanystropheus

Quote from: Shonisaurus on July 14, 2016, 07:15:03 PM
My skills are not very good about dinosaurs. But since the world began the Velociraptors have elongated hozicos.

This figure has many imperfections.

That is not nowhere near a velociraptor. It is better to save the money to buy dinosaurs Battat for instance to spend money and time in buying that figure.

1. It is not a Velociraptor
2. It is a Jurassic Park Velociraptor

I actually prefer this Velociraptor over the Battat. I also like reasonably accurate representations, so I will pick up the Papo Feathered Velociraptor as well.

tanystropheus

Quote from: stargatedalek on July 15, 2016, 02:42:56 AM
They managed to shrink wrap the head and officially screw up the one thing the movie raptors got right. I hate that I like the paint scheme. Still not going to get it.

Weren't the movie raptors shrink-wrapped?

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/jurassicpark/images/b/bb/Velociraptor_jp3.png/revision/latest?cb=20111206103648

tanystropheus

Quote from: Takama on July 15, 2016, 03:06:45 AM
I think it has some artistic libriteis to it. if they made it EXACTLY like the JP Raptos then Hasbro would sue the lights out of them.

Honestly I have no interest in this model as it does not fit in with ANY of the models they made so far.

It's a gorgeous model, nevertheless.

I hope it is comparable in size to the Papo (retro) Velociraptors.

Shadowknight1

I want Winston big time.  Hasbro should take note, that's how a dinosaur figure from Jurassic Park should look, not the horrific monstrosities we saw come out of the Jurassic World line-up.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

empire3569

Preorder is up on BBTS, $29.99 for the colored or bronze LE. Not a bad price for essentially the only great 1:20 (yea I know its technically 1:18) scale JP velociraptor

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=RBR10024&mode=retail

Victoria's Cantina

Quote from: empire3569 on July 15, 2016, 10:08:32 PM
Preorder is up on BBTS, $29.99 for the colored or bronze LE. Not a bad price for essentially the only great 1:20 (yea I know its technically 1:18) scale JP velociraptor

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=RBR10024&mode=retail

Thank you for the heads-up. Not a terrible price, but seems a little high considering the size of the figure. The Fallen Queen cost the same, as did the Utahraptor and Punch and Judy. Again, not terrible, just seems like you get less than those other offerings.

Dinomike

30 Dollars isn't a bad price at all - especially of you get the bronze edition with the same price tag as was suggested by Rebor on their Facebook wall. I think the model is a beautiful version of a JP raptor and something I will be getting as a hard core fan.
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Silvanusaurus

If nothing else, it has a better pose than Papo's... and it looks a bit less malevolent than the original Jurassic Park raptors.

Arul

tanystropheus

The bronze statue is so 'meta' on several levels.
We already had trouble differentiating whether REBOR products were toys or statuettes.
Behold! bronze statue, now with articulated jaw and removable (?) bases  :P

Silvanusaurus

I really struggle to see the attraction of the "bronze" limited edition figures. Aside from anything else, the colour of them doesn't look anything like real bronze, which is strange because the colour of a bronze statue is so easy to replicate even with basic paint options. With the right coloured paints, anybody could create something that looked much more authentic at home, in less than an hour, and it would be much more unique. It certainly isn't 'Fine Art'. At least they aren't selling it for more than the standard version, I suppose.

joossa

The standard version looks beautiful. I love the paint apps. I'll be purchasing this.

For those that may be confused: The "bronze version" is the exact same thing as the standard version except the paint. Both have articulated jaws, are made of PVC, and can be removed from their base. The "bronze version", however comes packed with a "bronze version" of the juvenile "Stan".
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

tanystropheus

This is the first member of REBOR's LE 1000 series to be completely sold out at BBTS.

Shadowknight1

Both the limited edition AND the regular edition of Winston are sold out.  I knew I should've preordered sooner. :(
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

joossa

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on July 31, 2016, 01:26:21 AM
Both the limited edition AND the regular edition of Winston are sold out.  I knew I should've preordered sooner. :(
I was waiting for reviews to trickle in first before ordering. Feeling some regret now. I hope a restock is not too far off.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

tanystropheus

They usually replenish supply of their stock at the same time (for multiple REBOR items), but sometimes there is a delay.
Y-rex had a huge delay last year.
If you check the BBTS website, you will notice that a number of models will need to be restocked.
My collection is currently missing the hatchling blind bags, and I hope they aren't neglected during the next restock.
In the meantime, I would advise checking out Dan's Dinosaur, or Everything Dinosaur for stock updates.
There is almost 0% chance of a restock of the bronze Winston/Stan. I'm not sure if it is sold out everywhere, though.

postsaurischian

After that massive "Beasts of the Mesozoic" Kickstarter campaign by David Silva, these plucked unfortunates do not turn me on at all.
They're rather ridiculous ;D.

DinoLord

Quote from: postsaurischian on August 01, 2016, 08:52:45 PM
After that massive "Beasts of the Mesozoic" Kickstarter campaign by David Silva, these plucked unfortunates do not turn me on at all.

Agreed. That line definitely is a game changer. I was going to get the Papo 'Velociraptor', which is actually quite decent, until I realized how many excellent dromaeosaur figures Dave Silva will be putting out.

I was somewhat tempted to get this one for my JP collection, but the head seems quite shrinkwrapped, a problem not present in the JP design. I'll wait until photos of actual product are released to make my final call.

tanystropheus

Quote from: postsaurischian on August 01, 2016, 08:52:45 PM

They are named, "Stan" and "Winston" so I think they are purposely plucked. Also, these models have been praised by Papo France and Stan Winston School of Arts, validating them as excellent tributes to Jurassic Park. They should juxtapose well with King T-rex.

The Beasts of Mesozoics are an ambitious and worthwhile initiative. My only issue with them is that they have too many articulations and appear Revoltech-ish. I think the models would appear far more elegant if they had 2-4 less points of articulation. Also, some of the body plans appear to be repurposed and I am having some trouble distinguishing them as (distinct) species. Nevertheless, it is a valiant effort on David Silva's part.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: