News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

General discussion - public

Started by DinoToyForum, March 13, 2012, 11:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Himmapaan

Hey, CityRaptor, isn't that Fluttershy? I was told by two friends that I'm uncannily like Fluttershy. Then it turns out I am, according to a Pony Personality test.  :))

CityRaptor

I have no idea who that is. I jut found that pic via google image search while searching for Cockatrice pics. All I know is that it scares the Cockatrice...
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Gwangi

Quote from: CityRaptor on July 31, 2012, 06:00:27 PM
Terror Chicken?
But featherless chicken already exist.

But that one has functioning hands! And also I'm sure the lack of feathers has something to do with it's desert lifestyle despite the fact that many birds survive in deserts just fine with them.

CityRaptor

Fully Functionional? Thought they were just exposed due to it being naked.

Also, while browsing DeviantArt, I saw this map:
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/217/8/a/hi_resolution_equestria_map_by_pixelkitties-d59w4iv.png
Official Map of Equestria. So yeah, the Ponies are American. Guess that means that their equivalent of Horner ( probably an Unicorn)  actually made his Chickenosaurus and it fought that Fluttershy Pony.
Meanwhile I'm fine with being a Griffon, since those seem to be Europeans according to that map.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Gwangi

Even featherless a chicken's hands don't look quite like that. They aren't folded back either which gives me the impression that they're supposed to be re-evolved functioning hands.

Horridus

Quote from: Gwangi on August 06, 2012, 09:59:09 PM
Even featherless a chicken's hands don't look quite like that. They aren't folded back either which gives me the impression that they're supposed to be re-evolved functioning hands.
Yeah, and with two digits. Birds have three (two of which are fused together...but I'm sure I don't have to remind anyone here of that). Really just looks like it has miniature tyrannosaur arms!
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

Takama

Since were talking about weird chickens.

Gwangi

Quote from: Horridus on August 14, 2012, 07:03:57 PM
Yeah, and with two digits. Birds have three (two of which are fused together...but I'm sure I don't have to remind anyone here of that). Really just looks like it has miniature tyrannosaur arms!
While we're on the topic of bird digits check out this duck claw! This duck was my dinner a couple weeks ago and I had to get a nice close up shot of this. A reminder of what I was actually eating.

Metallisuchus

And the skin in the background looks very 'scaly' doesn't it?

Himmapaan

I feel my old, shunned tyrannical ways (see custom title on my author panel) are returning with alarming force.  :o Help!

SBell

Quote from: Himmapaan on August 19, 2012, 03:03:53 AM

I feel my old, shunned tyrannical ways (see custom title on my author panel) are returning with alarming force.  :o Help!

Someone has to do it...

Gwangi

Quote from: Metallisuchus on August 16, 2012, 06:33:56 AM
And the skin in the background looks very 'scaly' doesn't it?

Actually that is not the skin, though it does look like it could be right? The duck was sitting on a platter designed to look like a fish so while the background actually is scaly it is not because of the duck.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Gwangi on August 14, 2012, 08:42:54 PM
Quote from: Horridus on August 14, 2012, 07:03:57 PM
While we're on the topic of bird digits check out this duck claw! This duck was my dinner a couple weeks ago and I had to get a nice close up shot of this. A reminder of what I was actually eating.

Did you enjoy your meal? 8)

Gwangi

Oh yes, it was the second time I've ever eaten duck. It was very good but greasy and fatty too.

ajax

I can't believe how many people are sticking transformer stickers on their cars. They look stupid. I asked someone earlier today with such a sticker what their Ford car transforms into and they just looked at me with a dumb look on their face. Is this fad happening everywhere or just here in Australia?

tyrantqueen

Quote from: ajax on August 24, 2012, 04:27:38 AM
I can't believe how many people are sticking transformer stickers on their cars. They look stupid. I asked someone earlier today with such a sticker what their Ford car transforms into and they just looked at me with a dumb look on their face. Is this fad happening everywhere or just here in Australia?

I haven't seen it where I live...maybe it's because I live in the country? Are you in the city?

amargasaurus cazaui

It is something that has been going on since the eighties in the US. I think its not alot different than seeing vehicles driving around with Jurassic park logos on their doors and such....each their own right?
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Metallisuchus

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on August 24, 2012, 10:20:24 AM
It is something that has been going on since the eighties in the US. I think its not alot different than seeing vehicles driving around with Jurassic park logos on their doors and such....each their own right?

Oh I'd love to drive around in an explorer done up like the ones in JP! Even better - the color scheme used on the Kenner Series 2 Jungle Explorer (which was never released).

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Metallisuchus on August 29, 2012, 10:32:02 PM

Oh I'd love to drive around in an explorer done up like the ones in JP! Even better - the color scheme used on the Kenner Series 2 Jungle Explorer (which was never released).
There are a few vehicles locally painted up and decal loaded to look like the Jurassic Park tour cars. They are outnumbered by the transformer cars, but they are out there.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Metallisuchus

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on August 30, 2012, 12:32:36 AM
Quote from: Metallisuchus on August 29, 2012, 10:32:02 PM

There are a few vehicles locally painted up and decal loaded to look like the Jurassic Park tour cars. They are outnumbered by the transformer cars, but they are out there.

I've seen a few JP cars online, but never in person. That'd be a site to see.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: