News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

General discussion - public

Started by DinoToyForum, March 13, 2012, 11:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: ajax on August 24, 2012, 04:27:38 AM
I can't believe how many people are sticking transformer stickers on their cars. They look stupid. I asked someone earlier today with such a sticker what their Ford car transforms into and they just looked at me with a dumb look on their face. Is this fad happening everywhere or just here in Australia?

My car has a Decepticon sticker...

Anywho, what's been going on here? What have I missed?

ZoPteryx

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on August 31, 2012, 09:15:40 AM
Anywho, what's been going on here? What have I missed?

Welcome back! :)  Well, there was the diorama contest.

EmperorDinobot

Well let me tell you what's been going on with me.

I have attended college for 5 years. 4 different universities, the last one (WSU) wasn't so good, but I approved a ton of courses in the mean time. Strangely enough, I'm going to a Portland Community College for now, and I can now get my Associate of General Studies degree, which is not transferable but it IS a diploma. Ok. Moving on. In December I'm getting my Associate of Arts Oregon Transfer, which opens up any university not only in this state but elsewhere. That's another Diploma. I'm gonna dual Gredit with Portland State, and I'm going to seek out both a BA in ARTS and SCIENCES. That's 2 more diplomas in a year or under a year. As it turns out, once I'm in PSU, I approved several high up Spanish classes (I'm fluent, but gotta chase easy stuff), and in a year or so I'll have a minor in Spanish. And if I continue my anthropology degree, I can minor on it in less than 2 years.

So that's a ton of diplomas and graduations in a short amount of time. And to think I was going to soon quit college, since I saw no ends to anything. But I've kept on studying, it's just been my time at WSU which was totally wasted.

Anyways, I'm also starting a business soon. We're gonna make food and sell it at PCC, Farmers markets and so on. With the profits made, I'm gonna save them to keep the business going, to further my hobbies, and to pay for graduate school eventually (I'm gonna become an Archaeologist, since it's the best next thing to Paleontology. Geology and Paleo requires math and that is a phobia of mine, though I'm good at it. Phobias are phobias and they need to be curtailed.

Well, that's my plan. I will win this. Soon enough.

ajax

I watched 'The Human Centipede' on the weekend, I feel less human like for watching it. If you have not seen it, Dont.

John

Quote from: ajax on September 03, 2012, 05:10:39 AM
I watched 'The Human Centipede' on the weekend, I feel less human like for watching it. If you have not seen it, Dont.
That movie will certainly leave a s**tty taste in your mouth!
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

tyrantqueen

Quote from: John on September 04, 2012, 12:29:59 AM
Quote from: ajax on September 03, 2012, 05:10:39 AM
That movie will certainly leave a s**tty taste in your mouth!
*shudder* I hate that movie *yuck* Hate it hate it hate it.

EmperorDinobot

C'mon, that movie is a wonderful comedy for the whole family.

CityRaptor

Hehe, I think I saw a pic with that as an answer to a question regarding that movie. As for myself, I'll never watch it. Not into that kind of stuff.

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

DinoToyForum

tyrantqueen

The Human Centipede (and its revolting sequel) is a disgusting movie that should be wiped from the face of the planet. It has no redeeming qualities whatsoever *yuck*

...IMO of course.

Takama

Well I'm glad i did not see it......YET.

I haven't been watching that many silly scifi movies lately, about the only one i re watched the most was Carnosaur.

Yes that film was a little stupid, but the dinosaurs was worth it for me.

When i bought the sequel however, i was just disappointed.

ajax

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 04, 2012, 01:34:56 PM
The Human Centipede (and its revolting sequel) is a disgusting movie that should be wiped from the face of the planet. It has no redeeming qualities whatsoever *yuck*

...IMO of course.

You actually watched the sequel, after watching the first one? I think you must have liked it.  :P

Metallisuchus

Ah come on, it's gotta be better than "The Fast And The Furious".

EmperorDinobot

So today I went to this really chic restaurant. It was a Spanish restaurant specializing in delicious overprized tapas. We ordered a paella, which was very well done, and my sister got a very drunken tuna with flambee'd figs and capers. I wanna go back there on my Birthday! I'll just order the Tuna. Problem is these dishes are tiny tiny tiny, but...very tasty.

Maybe I was just really hungry.

ajax

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on September 06, 2012, 10:53:44 AM
So today I went to this really chic restaurant. It was a Spanish restaurant specializing in delicious overprized tapas. We ordered a paella, which was very well done, and my sister got a very drunken tuna with flambee'd figs and capers. I wanna go back there on my Birthday! I'll just order the Tuna. Problem is these dishes are tiny tiny tiny, but...very tasty.

Maybe I was just really hungry.

I hate small meals, I eat large to oversized meals.  :P

Gwangi

Quote from: Metallisuchus on September 05, 2012, 12:08:37 AM
Ah come on, it's gotta be better than "The Fast And The Furious".

Indeed. "Twilight" too. Or anything by Michael Bay. Also, "Battleship". There are a lot of really bad movies out there. Those that are intentionally bad (or so cheap they have no choice) are seldom as bad as those that aren't.

Honestly though, I watched "The Human Centipede" completely innocent. I saw it on Netflix instant watch and having no idea what it was about decided to watch it. I literally thought the movie would be about a human with a really long torso with many arms and legs. I was wrong but it really wasn't awful. The premise is disgusting sure but it is actually quite tame compared to some horror movies.

EmperorDinobot

I like Michael Bay films though. I love the so called 'BAYSPLOSIONSSSS'.

Truth be told, there are very few movies I dislike. I like watching everything.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on September 07, 2012, 12:08:15 PM

Do you know about Michael Bay's plans for the new TNMT? I heard he was changing it so that the turtles were aliens from space or something like that :/

I guess Michael Bay's films are pretty funny, considering how bad they are.

SBell

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 07, 2012, 05:37:14 PM
Quote from: EmperorDinobot on September 07, 2012, 12:08:15 PM

Do you know about Michael Bay's plans for the new TNMT? I heard he was changing it so that the turtles were aliens from space or something like that :/

I guess Michael Bay's films are pretty funny, considering how bad they are.

I'm pretty sure that project is not happening for now

amargasaurus cazaui

Everyone enjoys a little "Bayhem" now and then... smirk
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: