News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

General discussion - public

Started by DinoToyForum, March 13, 2012, 11:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stargatedalek

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on July 19, 2014, 10:02:27 AM
NEVER EVER EVER use priority unless you absolutely have to. Use standard or first class. It is better.
perhaps if its not priority they don't feel as rushed and are less likely to be tossing it around in a hurry

to be honest I've never been much of a sports fan, but thats very cool

tyrantqueen

Quote from: stargatedalek on July 23, 2014, 03:12:32 PM
Quote from: EmperorDinobot on July 19, 2014, 10:02:27 AM
NEVER EVER EVER use priority unless you absolutely have to. Use standard or first class. It is better.
perhaps if its not priority they don't feel as rushed and are less likely to be tossing it around in a hurry

to be honest I've never been much of a sports fan, but thats very cool
All the more reason to pack your item properly. Experience has taught me to always expect the worst when I'm sending something.

EmperorDinobot

If  you've ever bought something from me, you would have experienced my secret shipping method. Haven't gotten a single complaint since the year I began using it. Not. A. Single. Com. Plaint.

Anywho, Black Friday can't come soon enough.

Libraraptor

There is a big Terror bird out there made from hollow rubber with the strongly bent beak. You can see one in the video under "Libraraptor´s Collection". Its on the third level of the cabinet, very right side, behind die Schleich "Urvogel" and looks shy because it turns his face away. Anyway, it came in a bag with some other non-dinosaur prehistoric animal from the same material: Machrauchenia, sabretooth, Mammoth, Indricotherium.

What I wanted to say: For those of you who don´t know how to get these animals, they´re being sold loosely at the shop of the Senckenbergmuseum Frankfurt. I saw them there.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Libraraptor on August 19, 2014, 09:28:10 PM
There is a big Terror bird out there made from hollow rubber with the strongly bent beak. You can see one in the video under "Libraraptor´s Collection". Its on the third level of the cabinet, very right side, behind die Schleich "Urvogel" and looks shy because it turns his face away. Anyway, it came in a bag with some other non-dinosaur prehistoric animal from the same material: Machrauchenia, sabretooth, Mammoth, Indricotherium.

What I wanted to say: For those of you who don´t know how to get these animals, they´re being sold loosely at the shop of the Senckenbergmuseum Frankfurt. I saw them there.

Me too when I was there last month. It's a shame our visits didn't coincide. Maybe next time.  :)

postsaurischian

Quote from: dinotoyforum on August 19, 2014, 09:38:24 PM
....... I was there last month. It's a shame our visits didn't coincide. Maybe next time.  :)

Did you announce anything about your trip to Germany?

DinoToyForum

Quote from: postsaurischian on August 20, 2014, 06:54:47 AM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on August 19, 2014, 09:38:24 PM
....... I was there last month. It's a shame our visits didn't coincide. Maybe next time.  :)

Did you announce anything about your trip to Germany?

No, because the details of our visit were short notice. :)

Takama

Well there this Gaming site that i used to frequent, but i have not recently.   However, when i return, i find that they posted an article on Dinosaur movies

http://www.gamesradar.com/history-dinosaurs-movies/

anyone agree with this list?

Lusotitan

How exactly would I be able to add an avatar?

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Lusotitan on December 30, 2014, 09:21:21 PM
How exactly would I be able to add an avatar?

Choose your image and don't forget to press "change profile".

You can also choose to use an image url, but it's easier to use stuff you have saved on your PC. Let me know if you need additional guidance.

Arul

New year, new forum banner and face ?  :P

Lusotitan

Libraraptor

Dear valued companions, I just wanted to take a minute to tell you I am sorry I can´t be here more often. On the one hand, my lack of time doesn´t allow more action for me here. This is 90%, to be honest. On the other hand, the number of criteria pulling me here tapers off.
When I drop in here sometimes (once a week, sometimes three or four times per month) I see the number of members here has grown again, but unfourtunately  the friendliness  seems to have declined.
But this forum was never meant to satisfy egos, but to proudly share an extraordinary hobby.

I wish all of you a happy new year and hope I can be here more often next year.

tyrantqueen

I'm sorry that you feel that way, but I honestly feel like it's the same here as it's always been. I was only around on the old forum near the end of its tenure, but I have been active on V2 for as soon as the move took place. There was a bad patch in the past but the rules were tightened up as a result of that.

If you do feel like someone is being unpleasant or rude towards you, the admin and mods have your back.

DinoToyForum

We banned someone just the other day because of rude and aggressive behaviour, we take it seriously. However, we have to be aware of it to react and the mods don't necessarily read every single post (I certainly don't!). So please do let us know if you see any bad behaviour on the forum.  O:-)

Happy New Year to you too Libraraptor :)

sauroid

i just notice the banned ones always come back under a different name
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Blade-of-the-Moon

That happens too, if you spot a possible returned/banned member let us know about it please.

triceratops83

Even though I'm a new member here, I've visited the Dinotoyblog daily for years, and I have to say that despite a few bad eggs, this is a very open and welcome community. I've kept coming back here because everyone is very polite and pleasant, and though I don't know where I stand in the scheme of things, this overall atmosphere showcases a whole bunch of truly nice personalities, and that makes the rotten apples stand out like neon. I wouldn't let it worry you, the community remains and by their very nature the troublemakers will get themselves removed. Focus on the good, I say!
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Libraraptor

Quote from: triceratops83 on January 01, 2015, 08:08:53 AM
Even though I'm a new member here, I've visited the Dinotoyblog daily for years, and I have to say that despite a few bad eggs, this is a very open and welcome community. I've kept coming back here because everyone is very polite and pleasant, and though I don't know where I stand in the scheme of things, this overall atmosphere showcases a whole bunch of truly nice personalities, and that makes the rotten apples stand out like neon. I wouldn't let it worry you, the community remains and by their very nature the troublemakers will get themselves removed. Focus on the good, I say!

This I will do!  ^-^  Yet the factor time must not be underestimated  :(

postsaurischian

Quote from: Libraraptor on January 01, 2015, 06:56:03 PM
Quote from: triceratops83 on January 01, 2015, 08:08:53 AM
....... Focus on the good, I say!

This I will do!  ^-^  .......

I still know what you meant, Stefan. I feel it too, it's hard to describe, but the DTF mood was different (in my opinion - better) until about one or two years ago. It's not just rude and aggressive behaviour I'm talking about. It's also the increasing arrogance and even megalomania in some cases. Some people even seem to think that the manufacturers and makers of our beloved figures had to ask the almighty DTF about what they're going to produce and how.
Yes, triceratops83, we shall focus on the good! It's just sometimes very disturbing to read these recurring negative comments by some members who prefer focussing on the bad (and it's very boaring, too!), because I'm coming here for fun.
That said I wish all members a good lot of positive vibes in 2015. May they let us be a bit of a more relaxed and objectively discussing gang of Dinosaur nerds again :).

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: