News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari: New for 2017

Started by Patrx, August 22, 2016, 08:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tanystropheus

Quote from: Joe289 on December 19, 2016, 05:17:15 AM
Yes, the Psittacosaurus is sculpted by Doug too, it looks great right?

I think it looks amazing (although, I haven't seen final pictures of the product). I'm curious to know whether it looks natural standing alongside the other frillies on the ceratopsian shelf.

Jose S.M.

Quote from: tanystropheus on December 19, 2016, 01:47:18 PM
Quote from: Joe289 on December 19, 2016, 05:17:15 AM
Yes, the Psittacosaurus is sculpted by Doug too, it looks great right?

I think it looks amazing (although, I haven't seen final pictures of the product). I'm curious to know whether it looks natural standing alongside the other frillies on the ceratopsian shelf.

I think it might look a little bit too big, but I'm not sure, I haven't seen pictures of it among other Safaris.

Bokisaurus

Here are my first Safari figures that arrived. All of them are lovely figures.
First up is the Diplo, nice figure for sure, but the older Carnegie is still better IMHO.

Next up is the Beautiful Einiosaurus

Up next, the mighty Kronosaur! This one is huge, about the same size as CollectA's Pliosaur

Last, is the amazing Coeleophysis - easily the best detailed of all of them, simply amazing details on this delicate looking guy!

I can't wait to get the rest of the figures!
If you want to see more photos, I  have more photos, including comparison in the appropriate threads, I did not want to derail this thread too much :D
Here is a few
Dougs ceratopsians

Diplo and friends

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Nice pictures! The comparison shots are especially appreciated! It's helpful to get a good sense of the sizes. So it looks like the Diplo's about in scale with the Apatosaurus?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Playing around with the Safari Giganotosaurus, it's beautiful!

I wonder who sculpted the new Safari Giga? Fits right in with my 1:40 pieces by Malcolm Mlodoch.

Jose S.M.

Giga looks great in "person" and seeing it compare with the Lythronax it looks pretty big! The base doesn't look too distracting.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Joe289 on December 21, 2016, 01:32:41 AM
Giga looks great in "person" and seeing it compare with the Lythronax it looks pretty big! The base doesn't look too distracting.

Not at all, the base looks nice with a bit of detail.  no oversize feet or tumbling issues, i'm surprised they aren't charging more. If the claws were sharper a the paint just a bit neater I could see this as a Dinostoreus model, 50-75.00 or more.

Neosodon

I think I'll have to say the giga is the most beautifully sculpted therapod I've ever seen. I've been trying to find a therapod for years that really stood out as being my favorite and now I've finally found it. :) If you don't mind could you post a closer up photo please.  O:-)

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Neosodon on December 21, 2016, 04:00:12 AM
I think I'll have to say the giga is the most beautifully sculpted therapod I've ever seen. I've been trying to find a therapod for years that really stood out as being my favorite and now I've finally found it. :) If you don't mind could you post a closer up photo please.  O:-)

Maybe I should build one for the Park? lol

Shonisaurus

It is a scientifically correct animal, whose modeling is perfect and with a coloration reminiscent of the giganotosaurus Carnegie Safari already out of print but with a very bright and elegant colors.

It is simply a work of art that the rest of toy dinosaur companies have to learn to try to get on the same level as Safari, a bit of the same is observed in Doug Watson's tyrannosaurus rex, by far the best Tyrannosaurus rex feathered to dat

KeU

MLMjp

The Giganotosaurus looks fantastic. I am almost sold on it
I just need more comparison photos to see the exact size.

Nanuqsaurus

Man, this really is Safari's best year! Look at all these figures! Seriously they're all outstanding! :D Can't wait to pick some of these up.

Shadowknight1

I just got my T. rex and Velociraptor today!  I did have to do the hot water/cold water trick on the rex so he wasn't a tail dragger, but it's pretty awesome!
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Received my Rex today from Amazon, a bit rough treatment, some paint loss on the tail, no big deal though:

Carnegie / Safari comparisons

Carnegie Giga photo bomb!

empire3569

I ended up keeping my feathered Rex and doing the hot water trick, stands perfectly now :) But, the white-wash on mine looked horrible, so I took the opportunity to repaint it closer to the promo pics (but slightly different). Wanted to share in case anyone else was thinking about a repaint

Blade-of-the-Moon

Doug did a fantastic job with this Rex I really hope they let him sculpt more larger pieces like this again, maybe a Triceratops for next year?

Dan

Blade-of-the-Moon

Dobber

Nice!! Does this mean you got your shipment in and will be shipping out soon?

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: