News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari: New for 2017

Started by Patrx, August 22, 2016, 08:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrorchicken

the Papo brachio is huge! I think it makes the Safari diplo look more like a teenager than an adult.

Shonisaurus

By the way researching on the internet youtube I have seen two separate videos dedicated to the einiosaurus Safari and deinocheirus Safari. The figures each passing day I see them more beautiful, realistic and fantastic and most importantly the deinocheirus stays on both legs is not tripod !.

Postosuchus84

It's killing me waiting for the day until when the Feathered T.rex is up for sale on Safari's website. I've been in love with it since it was announced and previewed. Though I've found it listed on Amazon actually so I might just go for that when it reaches payday.

Paleona

I just wanted to tell Doug amazing work on the new feathered rex!! My husband gifted him to me for my birthday, and everyone that's seen it has been super impressed.
Beautiful sculpt! He's the jewel of my collection now. :))

Shonisaurus

Doug Watson is perhaps one of the best but the best sculptor of toy dinosaurs.

On the other hand the feathered tyrannosaurus rex is very realistic and very well sculpted and the most exceptional is much better the figure marketable than the prototype by far and so I can continue with all the news of Safari 2017. Of course with companies like this one is always Excited

I also applaud the decision already made by Safari for several years to release the novelties before the end of the year, not just dinosaurs but the rest of the figures. It would be interesting if the other companies did the same, for example Collecta and also Papo.

Tyto_Theropod

Quote from: Paleona on January 03, 2017, 05:48:18 PM
I just wanted to tell Doug amazing work on the new feathered rex!! My husband gifted him to me for my birthday, and everyone that's seen it has been super impressed.
Beautiful sculpt! He's the jewel of my collection now. :))

Happy birthday! ^-^
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Nanuqsaurus

What a beauty, can't wait until it's available in Europe! ^-^

Tyto_Theropod

Quote from: Nanuqsaurus on January 04, 2017, 11:19:04 AM

You're not alone there! This nerd is checking Everything Dinosaur pretty much every day right now - even though technically I'm supposed to be saving for either a new camera, a model railway layout or (perhaps most importantly) some shelves for my existing collection! :-[
______________________________________________________________________________________

CarnegieCollector

My Kronosaurus just came in the mail  :))
It's absolutely gorgeous! And it's HUGE!
Is there an alternate universe in which dinosaurs collect figures of people?

Nanuqsaurus

Quote from: Tyto_Theropod on January 04, 2017, 08:36:22 PM

You're not alone there! This nerd is checking Everything Dinosaur pretty much every day right now - even though technically I'm supposed to be saving for either a new camera, a model railway layout or (perhaps most importantly) some shelves for my existing collection! :-[

I'm sure Everything Dinosaur will let us know when they get the new Safari figures in stock. And I know that it'll be a sad day for my wallet.

Ezikot

I'm planning to buy all the models sculpted by Doug Watson. they're too good!
I'm especially happy with the velociraptor and his fluffy neck.
(i'm not so sure about the deinocheirus... but it's just because my mind is still not able to accept that such a weird animal was something real!)

MLMjp

Quote from: Nanuqsaurus on January 05, 2017, 10:43:20 AM

I'm sure Everything Dinosaur will let us know when they get the new Safari figures in stock. And I know that it'll be a sad day for my wallet.

He told me via private message that the new safari dinos will be available at some point this month. But the exact point was not given.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: MLMjp on January 05, 2017, 11:49:54 AM

He told me via private message that the new safari dinos will be available at some point this month. But the exact point was not given.

Hey MLMjp the Safari 2017 dinosaurs are already available in urzeitshop.de among them kronosaurus, feathered tyrannosaurus rex, giganotosaurus, quetzalcoatlus, deinocheirus, tylosaurus, parasaurolophus, feathered velociraptor and psittacosaurus and I think I left none in the inkwell.

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Ezikot on January 05, 2017, 11:09:35 AM
I'm planning to buy all the models sculpted by Doug Watson. they're too good!
I'm especially happy with the velociraptor and his fluffy neck.
(i'm not so sure about the deinocheirus... but it's just because my mind is still not able to accept that such a weird animal was something real!)
I was somewhat where you are with  this model before buying it....but I went ahead cause I have nothing else to represent the species. Once it came I sat looking it over carefully several times. Based on the fossils this model looks pretty close .....and while the entire effect seems awkward, as you look at the features you somewhat realize they are supported by the fossils. Especially the head ....it looks odd, till you sit and actually work through it a little.For me at least I am glad I got it.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Tyto_Theropod

Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 05, 2017, 12:56:12 PM

Hey MLMjp the Safari 2017 dinosaurs are already available in urzeitshop.de among them kronosaurus, feathered tyrannosaurus rex, giganotosaurus, quetzalcoatlus, deinocheirus, tylosaurus, parasaurolophus, feathered velociraptor and psittacosaurus and I think I left none in the inkwell.

Thank you, Shonisaurus. I live in the UK so I am waiting for British suppliers to get them in as it saves on import tax.

Shonisaurus

You're welcome. Soon you will have it available also in Great Britain.

If it has arrived at German suppliers it is not surprising that its sale will soon be generalized throughout Europe and even more so in Britain.

MLMjp

Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 05, 2017, 12:56:12 PM

Thank you for telling me, but the fact is that I don´t speak or understand German so I prefer to order it from a website in english.

Everything_Dinosaur

All 13 of the new for 2017 Wild Safari Prehistoric Life models are now in stock at Everything Dinosaur: Feathered T. rex, feathered Velociraptor, Deinocheirus, Diplodocus, Einiosaurus, Giganotosaurus, Kronosaurus, Microraptor, Psittacosaurus, Quetzalcoatlus, Tylosaurus, Coelophysis and Parasaurolophus.

You can find them along with a few remaining Carnegie figures here: Wild Safari Prehistoric Life new for 2017

MLMjp

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on January 05, 2017, 11:25:42 PM
All 13 of the new for 2017 Wild Safari Prehistoric Life models are now in stock at Everything Dinosaur: Feathered T. rex, feathered Velociraptor, Deinocheirus, Diplodocus, Einiosaurus, Giganotosaurus, Kronosaurus, Microraptor, Psittacosaurus, Quetzalcoatlus, Tylosaurus, Coelophysis and Parasaurolophus.

You can find them along with a few remaining Carnegie figures here: Wild Safari Prehistoric Life new for 2017

YEEEEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!

And just in the three mage kings day!

Nanuqsaurus

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on January 05, 2017, 11:25:42 PM

Okay then, goodbye money.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: