News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari: New for 2017

Started by Patrx, August 22, 2016, 08:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jose S.M.

I think the Psittacosaurus is already available on their website, at least it was last Tuesday, I  even placed it in the cart when I was Making an order (that I sadly couldn't make in the end due card issues).

Blade-of-the-Moon

It was.  Mine was delivered this week and is under the tree currently.

suspsy

I was referring to smaller retailers like Dan's Dinosaurs and Fauna Figures, yeah. Minizoo too.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

suchomimus

Anyone doesn't mind posting some close-ups of Dippy's right side? I'm kinda noticing its back right leg being questionably sculpted in the promo pics and ads.

copper

Quote from: suchomimus on December 23, 2016, 07:19:19 PM
Anyone doesn't mind posting some close-ups of Dippy's right side? I'm kinda noticing its back right leg being questionably sculpted in the promo pics and ads.

I'm glad someone else thought about this too.

amargasaurus cazaui

I have multiple copies  of the psittacosaurus in hand from Dejankins, for a project I am working on , so they are out there for sure.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Killekor

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on December 23, 2016, 11:10:26 PM
I have multiple copies  of the psittacosaurus in hand from Dejankins, for a project I am working on , so they are out there for sure.

Can you post a pic of the Psittacosaurus?

Thanks

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Killekor on December 23, 2016, 11:14:14 PM
Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on December 23, 2016, 11:10:26 PM

Can you post a pic of the Psittacosaurus?

Thanks

Killekor

Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

suspsy

Good photos. Will you be submitting your review soon?

Killekor

Wow! I will get it certainly!

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Pachyrhinosaurus

Your on-shelf pictures look a lot better than the stock photo. I didn't care much for the pattern and contrast in the catalogue shot but it's nice to see it looks much better in person.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

amargasaurus cazaui

Thanks guys glad to share.  ...@ suspsy yes precisely what I am working on. I plan on having a review done by a week from today unless I run into something unplanned.

suspsy

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on December 24, 2016, 06:20:29 PM
Thanks guys glad to share.  ...@ suspsy yes precisely what I am working on. I plan on having a review done by a week from today unless I run into something unplanned.

Splendid! I look forward to posting it!

Neosodon

Looks nice but I still like collecta's the most. It's so small and cute. :)

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

amargasaurus cazaui

Much of collecting is about what each person likes or prefers. I own several copies of the collecta piece as well. It is unique and sells more cheaply than the safari however it is also lacking in detail and at this point has become quite out of date relative to the most up to date information we have. It has a certain cute charm to it, but is also badly flawed in the detail and accuracy sadly. .....it is somewhat like a generic reconstruction , whereas the safari piece done by Doug Watson has used careful attention to detail from the fingers to the quills, and even the coloring given the model is supported by peer reviewed published work. The Collecta in contrast has some glaring issues with the sculpt, albeit an almost absent frill, far too subdued jugals, incorrect hands, incorrect hand posture.....etc etc. I like having both pieces to compare and demonstrate back and forth however....from a purely realistic viewpoint the safari does have the edge.

Jose S.M.

I prefer and will definitely get the new WS one,  but I agree the CollectA one is a cutie!

Shonisaurus

Collecta's psittacosaurus is memorable but I like it better and it is better by far from the artistic and scientific point of view of Doug Watson that I think is great.

That must take into account the psittacosaurus of Collecta was made many years ago and we must take into account the context and philosophy of Collecta at that time although it is a good piece. In this way I do not want to offend the members of Collecta's spectacular company whose figures are unique in revealing newly discovered dinosaur novelties and in realizing the new reinterpretations of dinosaurs from the new remains discovered (examples deinocheirus and Spinosaurus).

But I have to admit that the psittacosaurus Safari is by far superior although Collecta's was its precursor

Anyway from both companies I have very good memories from the point of collecting figures of toy dinosaurs.

tanystropheus

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on December 24, 2016, 08:42:50 PM
Much of collecting is about what each person likes or prefers. I own several copies of the collecta piece as well. It is unique and sells more cheaply than the safari however it is also lacking in detail and at this point has become quite out of date relative to the most up to date information we have. It has a certain cute charm to it, but is also badly flawed in the detail and accuracy sadly. .....it is somewhat like a generic reconstruction , whereas the safari piece done by Doug Watson has used careful attention to detail from the fingers to the quills, and even the coloring given the model is supported by peer reviewed published work. The Collecta in contrast has some glaring issues with the sculpt, albeit an almost absent frill, far too subdued jugals, incorrect hands, incorrect hand posture.....etc etc. I like having both pieces to compare and demonstrate back and forth however....from a purely realistic viewpoint the safari does have the edge.

This is a silly question, but how accurate are the Psittaco representations depicted in the Transformers movie as per your forum signature?

amargasaurus cazaui

Herbivores fighting over fish....lemme see..........aside from that the hands are not correct. the rest moves past fairly quickly so hard to say ..but for a Hollywood representation it isn't as bad as it could be. I find it perhaps the best footage of a psittacosaurus I have seen so far...it is a species that seldom gets the spotlight . Still leave it to Hollywood to have them fighting over fish no less.....

Takama

Honestly, the Psitaccosaurus in that film are the best dinosaurs to have ever graced a major Blockbuster to this day(and that Says an AWFUL lot about the likes of JW). Its also the Only thing i remember from that Particular Transformer movie.(seriously, i thought he had more Chrector then anyone else in the film. WHY COULD THEY NOT OF SET THE MOVIE IN THE MESOZOIC? I want to see this little guys adventures during a Transformers invasion during the age of dinosaurs.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: