News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari: New for 2017

Started by Patrx, August 22, 2016, 08:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tanystropheus

Torosaurus, Chasmosaurus and Pentaceratops need more air time. It would probably make more sense to release a Torosaurus than a Triceratops at this point.

Einiosaurus is another ceratopsian that has been neglected by mainstream dinosaur companies.

Daspletodave

The Favorite Pentaceratops is stunning, tho small in size. Hopefully we will eventually get to buy the Dan LoRusso version.
But we do need Chasmosaurus, Torosaurus, Einiosaurus, and Centrosaurus.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Daspletodave on September 18, 2016, 05:47:10 PM
The Favorite Pentaceratops is stunning, tho small in size. Hopefully we will eventually get to buy the Dan LoRusso version.

Chasmosaurus there is one in medium-small version of Collecta and other torosaurus by the same company. As for the Chasmosaurus unfortunately it belongs to the dark ages of Collecta.

Moreover in the past did torosaurus Schleich and WWD has a very good brand.

Jose S.M.

Quote from: Shonisaurus on September 18, 2016, 08:00:07 PM

Chasmosaurus there is one in medium-small version of Collecta and other torosaurus by the same company. As for the Chasmosaurus unfortunately it belongs to the dark ages of Collecta.

I personally don't like the CollectA Chasmosaurus, looks very toyish to me, I love the Torosaurus even if it's small. Schleich and WWD Torosaurus are hard to find these days I think. A Torosaurus and Chasmosaurus in the same fashion (sculpted by Doug Watson) of the last 4 W.S. ceratopsians would be great.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: Joe289 on September 18, 2016, 08:06:54 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on September 18, 2016, 08:00:07 PM

I personally don't like the CollectA Chasmosaurus, looks very toyish to me, I love the Torosaurus even if it's small. Schleich and WWD Torosaurus are hard to find these days I think. A Torosaurus and Chasmosaurus in the same fashion (sculpted by Doug Watson) of the last 4 W.S. ceratopsians would be great.

As much as I would love to see Doug's take on Chasmosaurus (please give it some nice flashy [and yes, cliche] eyespots if you do!!!), I think it's unlikely given that Vagaceratops was considered to be a species of Chasmosaurus for a while. It'd be like offering both a Brontosaurus and an Apatosaurus (also nice, but also unlikely).

Dino8me1

I just saw all 2017 prehistoric creatures from Safari when I surfed the Facebook yesterday, but all of them were already deleted after that maybe due to the confidential policy.

According to the catalogue, they are said to be available in October.

The creatures of 2017 are

1) Black Microraptor
2) Psittacosaurus with quills
3) Feathered T.rex as you have seen in promotion poster
4) Feathered Velociraptor
5) Einiosaurus
6) Coelophysis
7) Parasaurolophus walking on all fours
8) Yellow Tylosaurus
9) New Quetzalcoatlus
10) Cronosaurus with the same color as Carnegie's
11) Giganotosaurus
12) Deinocheirus

empire3569

Quote from: Dino8me1 on September 20, 2016, 12:32:44 AM
I just saw all 2017 prehistoric creatures from Safari when I surfed the Facebook yesterday, but all of them were already deleted after that maybe due to the confidential policy.

1) Black Microraptor
5) Einiosaurus
6) Coelophysis
8) Yellow Tylosaurus
9) New Quetzalcoatlus
11) Giganotosaurus
12) Deinocheirus

Awesome! And Diplodocus, right? (since they showed that in the promo video)

suspsy

Assuming that this list is the real thing, then I'm disappointed to hear that we're getting a Parasaurolophus. I'm sure it will look fantastic and I will most likely end up getting it, but there are so many crested hadrosaurs that aren't getting their due. Lambeosaurus. Magnapaulia. Saurolophus. Hypacrosaurus. The list goes on. Oh well.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Dino8me1

Quote from: empire3569 on September 20, 2016, 12:54:41 AM

1) Black Microraptor
5) Einiosaurus
6) Coelophysis
8) Yellow Tylosaurus
9) New Quetzalcoatlus
11) Giganotosaurus
12) Deinocheirus

Oh! yes, Sorry for forgetting that green dippy, sir.

EarthboundEiniosaurus

1) Black Microraptor
5) Einiosaurus
6) Coelophysis
8) Yellow Tylosaurus
9) New Quetzalcoatlus
11) Giganotosaurus
12) Deinocheirus

I hope you're not pulling my leg with this, because I would love to see that Einiosaurus... But all of those sound incredible.

Thanks,

EarthboundEiniosaurus
"Just think about it... Ceratopsids were the Late Cretaceous Laramidian equivalent of todays birds of paradise. And then there's Sinoceratops..."
- Someone, somewhere, probably.

Jose S.M.

I hope this is true because I'm really excited for almost all of the species listed, Parasaurolophus and Deinocheirus would be the only ones I already got figures of, but if they are good I'm still getting them.

Quote from: suspsy on September 20, 2016, 01:14:54 AM
Assuming that this list is the real thing, then I'm disappointed to hear that we're getting a Parasaurolophus. I'm sure it will look fantastic and I will most likely end up getting it, but there are so many crested hadrosaurs that aren't getting their due. Lambeosaurus. Magnapaulia. Saurolophus. Hypacrosaurus. The list goes on. Oh well.

It's probably because what it's being said about they doing species featured in the Carnegie line, I think the only crested ones were Parasaurolophus and Corythosaurus, I would prefer the Cory but like I said if it's good probably I would get it.

empire3569

Quote from: Dino8me1 on September 20, 2016, 01:16:14 AM

1) Black Microraptor
5) Einiosaurus
6) Coelophysis
8) Yellow Tylosaurus
9) New Quetzalcoatlus
11) Giganotosaurus
12) Deinocheirus

No worries! Did you happen to catch an exact release date by any chance?

Dino8me1

Quote from: empire3569 on September 20, 2016, 01:21:54 AM
Quote from: Dino8me1 on September 20, 2016, 01:16:14 AM

1) Black Microraptor
5) Einiosaurus
6) Coelophysis
8) Yellow Tylosaurus
9) New Quetzalcoatlus
11) Giganotosaurus
12) Deinocheirus

No worries! Did you happen to catch an exact release date by any chance?

As you may have seen in previous catalogue, Safari often informs you only about the month their figurines will be released with red alphabet under the item code. And 2017 catalogue is also the same.

Rain

1) Black Microraptor
5) Einiosaurus
6) Coelophysis
8) Yellow Tylosaurus
9) New Quetzalcoatlus
11) Giganotosaurus
12) Deinocheirus

Is the Microraptor a repaint or an entirely new sculpt? Also, thanks for sharing :) !

Dino8me1

Quote from: Rain on September 20, 2016, 01:33:21 AM

1) Black Microraptor
5) Einiosaurus
6) Coelophysis
8) Yellow Tylosaurus
9) New Quetzalcoatlus
11) Giganotosaurus
12) Deinocheirus

Is the Microraptor a repaint or an entirely new sculpt? Also, thanks for sharing :) !

All of them are all-new sculptures,sir. This new Microraptor looks very similar to the illustration in this news.

http://www.amnh.org/explore/news-blogs/research-posts/new-finding-dinosaur-s-feathers-were-black-with-iridescent-sheen/ 

tanystropheus

Quote from: suspsy on September 20, 2016, 01:14:54 AM

I completely agree. I recently picked up Bullyland's Lambeosaurus but I would have preferred exotic hadrosaurs by Safari. Saurolophus is another one. The favorite version is somewhat scarce in distribution. The Corythosaurus by Carnegie also desperately needs an update.

Pachyrhinosaurus

Glad to see the 2017 lineup isn't all carnivores. I'm hoping the parasaurolophus is good, since there really aren't many good ones out there except for the Battat and I'm not a huge fan of the sail it has. Also nice to see a coelophysis. Are there even any coelophysis toys out there save for the JP ones? Einiosaurus will also be a treat considering Dan wasn't able to do his  :'(. Are these it or will the rest of the mammals be re-issued as well?
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

suspsy

Dan was working on an Einiosaurus? I thought the only ones he hadn't completed were Majungasaurus, Plateosaurus, and Yutyrannus.

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: suspsy on September 20, 2016, 01:58:12 AM
Dan was working on an Einiosaurus? I thought the only ones he hadn't completed were Majungasaurus, Plateosaurus, and Yutyrannus.

He said he'd make one in a future lineup.

Right here, actually: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=2494.msg74459#msg74459
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Sim

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on September 20, 2016, 02:17:35 AM
Quote from: suspsy on September 20, 2016, 01:58:12 AM

He said he'd make one in a future lineup.

Right here, actually: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=2494.msg74459#msg74459

I remember that.  Although when Takama said what dinosaurs Dan was planning to do for the third series of new sculpts, Einiosaurus wasn't among them (Reply #11): http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3857.msg112615#msg112615

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: