News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari: New for 2017

Started by Patrx, August 22, 2016, 08:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

I am not sure if this means something but Safari LTD has a page called Safaripedia, and most of the models listed are ones that are either part of there Wild Safari line, or the Carnegie Collection.

http://wiki.safariltd.com/index.php/Dinosaurs

However, Some Carnegie Collection Dinosaurs that were avlible at the time of its retirements are not listed.   I wonder if all of these dinosaurs will get made into Wild safari figurines if they have not been made already.

darth daniel

Quote from: Dino8me1 on September 20, 2016, 09:34:47 AM
Quote from: darth daniel on September 20, 2016, 08:08:54 AM
Did the catalogue provide the scales or sizes of the figures?

Due to their small sizes, I could not tell you exactly how big they are, but here are the  dimensions I can read from those small pictures

Great, thanks! :)

The Atroxious

Quote from: postsaurischian on September 20, 2016, 08:06:56 AM
:D It's good to see Safari reacting to the discontinued Carnegie line. It shows how much they still care for their Dinosaurs.

It's only logical to involve some classic species in the Wild Safari line that had been missing. I do not understand the "disappointed" comments.
Negativism has become pretty common here at the DTF. Meanwhile It already starts before we see any of the new releases' pics.

I can't wait to see some of the updates - such as Psittacosaurus, Microraptor or Parasaurolophus :).

Well, not everybody's going to like every set of toys, and moreover, some of us are more nitpicky than others. Just like not everybody likes the same kinds of food, cars, music, and so on, not everyone will like the same dinosaur toys. Speaking for myself, I have certain aesthetics that I like, and I'll be disappointed if something I was excited about doesn't look good to me. That doesn't mean I think it's objectively bad, it just means I have a personal preference.

Anyway, I might not like every single aspect of these figures, but that's not stopping me from being excited about the Velociraptor, Microraptor, and Deinocheirus.

Flaffy

I don't think Safaripedia has been updated in a while.
Neither do I think it is evidence for something new.

CityRaptor

Quote from: The Atroxious on September 20, 2016, 11:15:38 AM

Well, not everybody's going to like every set of toys, and moreover, some of us are more nitpicky than others.

Well, some people are however already disappointed because the Hadrosaur is Parasaurolophus without having seen the figure.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Takama

Quote from: CityRaptor on September 20, 2016, 11:45:13 AM
Quote from: The Atroxious on September 20, 2016, 11:15:38 AM

Well, not everybody's going to like every set of toys, and moreover, some of us are more nitpicky than others.

Well, some people are however already disappointed because the Hadrosaur is Parasaurolophus without having seen the figure.

Im happy its a remake of the one from the Old days while acting as a remake of the Carnegie Collection model. I am happy to see more ornithopods from them.   Unlike some other companeys Safari does not remake there models without good reason.

suspsy

Quote from: SBell on September 20, 2016, 04:13:30 AM
There's always someone out there to break Safari's trust. Not sure why people do that.

A craving for attention, I suppose, no matter how fleeting.

I do not understand the "disappointed" comments.
Negativism has become pretty common here at the DTF. Meanwhile It already starts before we see any of the new releases' pics.

The only one that disappoints me is the Parasaurolophus, and as I noted before, I'm sure it'll look fantastic and I'll almost certainly buy it. My disappointment is rooted solely in the fact that Parasaurolophus receives so much more attention from toy companies when there are many other crested hadrosaurs that rightly deserve a chance in the limelight. It'd be great to see someone tackle the new restoration of Tsintaosaurus, for example.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Rain

Lol, so the new T rex IS bigger than usual! *bratty kid voice* I told you so  >:D :P

John

Quote from: suspsy on September 20, 2016, 12:13:58 PM

The only one that disappoints me is the Parasaurolophus, and as I noted before, I'm sure it'll look fantastic and I'll almost certainly buy it. My disappointment is rooted solely in the fact that Parasaurolophus receives so much more attention from toy companies when there are many other crested hadrosaurs that rightly deserve a chance in the limelight. It'd be great to see someone tackle the new restoration of Tsintaosaurus, for example.
I think of it this way.Even though everybody and his uncle has made Parasaurolophus over the years,all of them are now out of date so a new one is still needed.This new one selling well could lead to many possibilities,maybe even to Tsintaosaurus in the future. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Flaffy

Quote from: John on September 20, 2016, 12:32:50 PM

I think of it this way.Even though everybody and his uncle has made Parasaurolophus over the years,all of them are now out of date so a new one is still needed.This new one selling well could lead to many possibilities,maybe even to Tsintaosaurus in the future. :)
All of them  ::)? Including Battat's?

darth daniel

Quote from: suspsy on September 20, 2016, 12:13:58 PMMy disappointment is rooted solely in the fact that Parasaurolophus receives so much more attention from toy companies when there are many other crested hadrosaurs that rightly deserve a chance in the limelight.

While I do agree, how disappointed must you be with every new Tyrannosaurus figure released? ;) (For me, no Tyrannosaurus figure can be that good that I would still be excited about its release.)

suspsy

Quote from: darth daniel on September 20, 2016, 12:37:18 PM
Quote from: suspsy on September 20, 2016, 12:13:58 PMMy disappointment is rooted solely in the fact that Parasaurolophus receives so much more attention from toy companies when there are many other crested hadrosaurs that rightly deserve a chance in the limelight.

While I do agree, how disappointed must you be with every new Tyrannosaurus figure released? ;) (For me, no Tyrannosaurus figure can be that good that I would still be excited about its release.)

Tyrannosaurus rex is in a class unto itself, obviously. It's the Batman and the Spider-Man of the prehistoric world. There will never, ever be enough. ;D

This is true. Although I still really like the Battat and the Deluxe from CollectA.

John

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on September 20, 2016, 12:33:56 PM

All of them  ::)? Including Battat's?
Yes,even Battat's.As nice as it is,that one was still from 1997,before more complete hadrosaur mummies came to light ("Leonardo" the Brachylophosaurus and "Dakota" the Edmontosaurus) which showed that hadrosaurs in general were more muscular in life that what was illustrated in the 90's.
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

suspsy

I will be head-over-heels with delight if the new Parasaurolophus looks like this:

postsaurischian

:o ;D There is no accounting for taste.

suspsy

Quote from: postsaurischian on September 20, 2016, 01:13:33 PM
:o ;D There is no accounting for taste.

Can you say with certainty that hadrosaurs weren't plump and juicy like bovids? Can anyone? ^-^

SBell

Quote from: suspsy on September 20, 2016, 12:39:19 PM
Quote from: darth daniel on September 20, 2016, 12:37:18 PM

Tyrannosaurus rex is in a class unto itself, obviously. It's the Batman and the Spider-Man of the prehistoric world. There will never, ever be enough. ;D

Wait until you actually see good pictures of the Safari figure, though. It is truly something unique and worthwhile.

Jose S.M.

Quote from: SBell on September 20, 2016, 01:46:47 PM

Wait until you actually see good pictures of the Safari figure, though. It is truly something unique and worthwhile.

Are you talking about the Parasaurolophus or T-rex? , I got confused :)). I'm very excited for the Tyrannosaurus because I've waited for one that I really like and makes me 100% sure I want it and so far the ones available for me don't do that. This new Safari one might be it.

DinoLord

It seems like the Tyrannosaurus and Giganotosaurus are in approximately 1:40 scale which is very exciting. This is looking to be a great year for Safari; now that the Carnegie line is no more it appears they're able to put out more figures of their own.

Doug Watson

Quote from: suspsy on September 20, 2016, 01:45:12 PM
Can you say with certainty that hadrosaurs weren't plump and juicy like bovids? Can anyone? ^-^

That made me think Baaaaaah! instead of Mooooo! ^-^

[/quote]

At this point I would expect nothing less unfortunately. You know retirement is really looking good about now, if only I had the money.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: