News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari: New for 2017

Started by Patrx, August 22, 2016, 08:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jose S.M.

Quote from: tanystropheus on September 23, 2016, 03:02:09 AM
Is Doug Watson responsible for all those beloved pterosaur models or did someone else sculpt them?

Bases on his  collection thread, the pterosaur Doug Watson made was the Dimorphodon.

Doug Watson

Quote from: Joe289 on September 23, 2016, 01:52:14 PM
Is Doug Watson responsible for all those beloved pterosaur models or did someone else sculpt them?

Bases on his  collection thread, the pterosaur Doug Watson made was the Dimorphodon.

That is correct.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Joe289 on September 23, 2016, 01:52:14 PM

Oh yeah, I forgot about that one because it was quite recent and I didn't get it.

Appalachiosaurus

I know I am really late, but holy heck in a hand basket those are some of the best toys I have ever seen! I don't really know or care about color or species, just that because the only things I see around here are chinasaurs makes these sculpts look like something I would pay hundreds of dollars for. And I probably will! My cousin is going to love playing with these (I only give him the best of the best after all).

suspsy

Putting aside all this wonderful excitement about the new toys for a moment, I wonder if Safari plans on rereleasing the remaining mammals from the Prehistoric Life collection next year. I don't care about the Andrewsarchus or the Arsinotherium, but I would like the baby Smilodon.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: suspsy on September 23, 2016, 07:22:29 PM
Putting aside all this wonderful excitement about the new toys for a moment, I wonder if Safari plans on rereleasing the remaining mammals from the Prehistoric Life collection next year. I don't care about the Andrewsarchus or the Arsinotherium, but I would like the baby Smilodon.

The Arsinotherium is now the only one missing from my collection, so I'm anxious for that one.

Doug Watson

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on September 23, 2016, 08:42:32 PM
Quote from: suspsy on September 23, 2016, 07:22:29 PM

The Arsinotherium is now the only one missing from my collection, so I'm anxious for that one.

Could be worth suggesting their reissue on the Safari Ltd Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/safariltd plus you can send suggestions for new pieces and I suppose reissues to The Creation Station Initiative at [email protected]

tanystropheus

Quote from: Appalachiosaurus on September 23, 2016, 07:20:31 PM
I know I am really late, but holy heck in a hand basket those are some of the best toys I have ever seen! I don't really know or care about color or species, just that because the only things I see around here are chinasaurs makes these sculpts look like something I would pay hundreds of dollars for. And I probably will! My cousin is going to love playing with these (I only give him the best of the best after all).

I think we need to discontinue using the term, chinasaurs, especially since... :)

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: tanystropheus on September 23, 2016, 11:50:10 PM
I think we need to discontinue using the term, chinasaurs, especially since... :)
I always thought that was only in reference to the ones which have no brand information printed on them aside from "China."
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

tanystropheus

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on September 24, 2016, 01:13:07 AM
I always thought that was only in reference to the ones which have no brand information printed on them aside from "China."

It is. But PNSO ruined it.

SBell

Quote from: empire3569 on September 23, 2016, 04:47:27 AM
Quote from: SBell on September 22, 2016, 05:46:06 PM

Well, maybe simplify it a bit  ;)

One other piece of news for everyone--I just heard through my rep that the release dates have been pushed back to mid-November for most products (thanks, Customs clearances).

Meaning, I'm guessing, many of the prehistoric models...because of course.

Is this release date push back for Safari's direct website, or just secondary retailers like yourself?

That's the date of availability, when they should show up in their warehouses for orders. So...both?

empire3569

Quote from: SBell on September 24, 2016, 02:08:24 AM
Quote from: empire3569 on September 23, 2016, 04:47:27 AM
Quote from: SBell on September 22, 2016, 05:46:06 PM

Well, maybe simplify it a bit  ;)

One other piece of news for everyone--I just heard through my rep that the release dates have been pushed back to mid-November for most products (thanks, Customs clearances).

Meaning, I'm guessing, many of the prehistoric models...because of course.

Is this release date push back for Safari's direct website, or just secondary retailers like yourself?

That's the date of availability, when they should show up in their warehouses for orders. So...both?

Ah, I see. Thank you for the clarification. That's pretty lame, but Safari is releasing their figures before other companies, so I guess we can't complain too much

Concavenator

I imagine they will start showing their dinosaurs once their dragons are all revealed,won't they?

John

Looking at Safari's website,it looks like the dinosaur line has changed it's name again.This time it's gone from "Wild Safari Prehistoric World" to just "Prehistoric World".Likewise for the North American wildlife line too.It looks like the "Wild Safari" brand only includes the smaller scale wildlife line (elephants,giant pandas,wallaby,ect.) and the smaller scale marine life line.

On the subject,I'm hoping that we get to see the dinosaurs soon.I'm curious to see the Coelophysis and Einiosaurus (among many others).  ;D

Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Appalachiosaurus on September 23, 2016, 07:20:31 PM

Nope, I'm gonna keep using it :)

Flaffy

Strange, the microraptor and parasaurolophus silhouettes aren't revealed yet, I wonder why...

Jose S.M.

I hope they didn't change their mind and hold their release until next year or something like that. I'm looking forward to the Microraptor.

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on September 24, 2016, 01:29:36 PM
Strange, the microraptor and parasaurolophus silhouettes aren't revealed yet, I wonder why...

The parasaur silhouette was up there for a short time; thumbnails have been disappearing and reappearing as the websites readies for the big reveal.

Jose S.M.

I didn't knew about the silhouette of the Para, just the full picture that appeared and was taken down, so I thought there was nothing about it official. But yeah it's unlikely they do what i said before.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: