News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari: New for 2017

Started by Patrx, August 22, 2016, 08:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CarnegieCollector

Woo! So far, this is my favorite line up of Safari ltd toys! Can't wait to see the Psittacosaurus
Is there an alternate universe in which dinosaurs collect figures of people?

Nanuqsaurus

Quote from: CarnegieCollector on October 01, 2016, 06:47:51 PM
Woo! So far, this is my favorite line up of Safari ltd toys! Can't wait to see the Psittacosaurus

I'm excited for Einiosaurus! I have no doubt it'll be a good figure, but if it's got a nice paint job, it'll be an excelent figure! :D

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on October 01, 2016, 02:40:41 PM
Quote from: sauroid on October 01, 2016, 02:35:14 PM
if you are all worried about the abundance of great 2017 figures draining your wallet, wait til CollectA and Papo announce their next year's figures. LOL
Darn.  :-[

UUUUGGGHHH, I know!!!! I'm so excited, yet I'm angsting like crazy at the same time wondering how I'm going to afford all the Safaris AND the Collectas!

Keaton64

Quote from: Nanuqsaurus on October 01, 2016, 07:30:44 PMI'm excited for Einiosaurus! I have no doubt it'll be a good figure, but if it's got a nice paint job, it'll be an excelent figure! :D

I also can't wait to add einiosaurus to my collection of ceratopsians.  I was never a fan of them until I saw the ones Doug made, and even now I prefer them over ones from other brands, including collecta, of which I only have the torosaurus.

I really want them to go ahead and reveal the diplodocus, the Carnegie line failed to give us a modern updated apatosaurus to complete the sauropod trio, and now it will fall to this line to carry on that legacy.

suspsy

Safari just released an image of the Giganotosaurus on Facebook. Looks very cool, probably the best version yet! I can see why it needs a base.

https://www.facebook.com/safariltd/posts/10153924050108193:0
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Dilopho

Quote from: suspsy on October 01, 2016, 10:37:52 PM
Safari just released an image of the Giganotosaurus on Facebook. Looks very cool, probably the best version yet! I can see why it needs a base.

Liking the body! Yes that active pose needs a base  ^-^
Uh, not so sure about the hands though. They look a bit big.

CMIPalaeo

Looks great! It's really similar to the excellent Carnegie one though so I think I'll pass on this guy. Still, very impressive figure.
Once a man is tired of dinosaurs, he is tired of life; for there is in a dinosaur all that life can afford.

Keaton64

It does look good, but he doesn't look like he'd be well camouflaged, unless he's trying to blend in with a group of zebras.

tanystropheus

Some of the models look a bit CGI-ish (e.g. Kronosaurus)

tanystropheus

Quote from: Keaton64 on October 01, 2016, 11:00:20 PM
It does look good, but he doesn't look like he'd be well camouflaged, unless he's trying to blend in with a group of zebras.

Perhaps, the Giga is using another tactic. To be recognized and accepted by a group of 'archaic' zebras before making a meal out of them. The 'camouflage' allows the Giga the opportunity to establish trust (with his next prey)

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: tanystropheus on October 01, 2016, 11:02:16 PM
Some of the models look a bit CGI-ish (e.g. Kronosaurus)

I think that's just because of how heavily photoshopped these digital 'diorama' images are, personally I don't think they are very well done at all. The pictures with the figures in a real diorama (e.g. Coelophysis) are much more effective.

terrorchicken

quetzal- been waiting for a new one from Safari and I like it! but dont like the pink/blue face colors

kronosaurus- nice! but why that same coloring again? whats gonna happen to the liopleurodon figure? 2 pliosaurs with the same colors?

giganotosaurus- very cool! but still hate the stripes, especially since they go all the way down to its feet. Its like Tim Burton did the coloring.

seems most of my nitpicks are with the color choices. Overall lovely sculpts so far.

Jose S.M.

I would love the color patern if it wasn't all the way down to the feet, but still I want it, maybe a little bit of recoloring it's a good idea for the ones who have painting skills.

empire3569

That Giganotosaurus is AWESOME! Although I'll be repainting it for sure, probably after the James Gurney Giga

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

How much is camouflage going to help something as gigantic as... well, Giganotosaurus anyway? I would expect that they would stick out pretty well due to their sheer size alone, so I think there would be more of a trend towards sexual display colors, which this model certainly with. I think it'll pair pretty nicely with my Carnegie Giganotosaurus. Maybe one will be male and the other female...

Fembrogon

There seems to a lack of quality Giganotosaurus figures - and it's probably my favorite dinosaur - so I am stoked for Safari's new figure! (I'll be bummed if it has a permanent base, though)
That Coelophysis I'd surprisingly lovely, too; it's my second most anticipated Safari figure now.
T.rex, Velociraptor, Microraptor and Quetzalcoatlus look great too, though I'm not feeling the Parasaurolophus. I'm looking forward to the Einiosaurus!

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: Dilopho on October 01, 2016, 10:46:39 PM
Uh, not so sure about the hands though. They look a bit big.
The head looks small and the hands look big in this picture, but in the silhouette, I think it's pretty much how it should be. It's nice to see a more HD picture of this one and how the skin texture is like. It reminds me of some of the newer Carnegies and the Faunacast figures.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

AcroSauroTaurus

My opinions!

Kronosaurus: Love it! I love the colors and the sculpt. The colors aren't the same as the Lio, which is a plus, but sometimes related species will have slightly similar color patterns. I hope the jaw muscles end up painted though.

Giganotosaurus: Love this one too, especially the color pattern. I hope the base is detachable, and not fused.
I am the Dinosaur King!

tanystropheus

Regarding related species,

The Mosasaur's color pattern resembles that of the Tylosaurus
The Kronosaurus' color pattern resembles that of the Lipleurodon
The Giganotosaurus' color pattern resembles that of the Zedonk

Edit-

tyrantqueen

I hate it when figures are shooped onto real photographs. A nice white stock photo is much better and does the job fine.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: