News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari: New for 2017

Started by Patrx, August 22, 2016, 08:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrorchicken

my favorite so far is the coelophysis. Lovely figure. The microraptor is cool but Im already getting one in the BOTM scenery pack. The para is... um... something's odd about it. Maybe its the lack of shrinkwrappng? It does look sort of retro.

Flaffy

Flaffy

As pretty as it is, I will pass on this one. Gotta save some money and shelf space for the rest of the 2017.

Silvanusaurus

That Coelophysis! I would be ecstatic if all we were getting were those already revealed, but theres even more to come! The Coelophysis was barely on my radar until I saw these pictures. Man, I chose a bad year to become a student again. How much awesome can one company pull out of the bag at once?

Bokisaurus

Amazing new figures! So excited that Safari is finally catching up with CollectA and releasing more figure! Now, I can't wait to see the rest of the figures!

Dobber

Dang, Quetzal looks really nice too.  :)

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Appalachiosaurus

It has a Pteroid bone! That makes it more accurate than every other pterosaur toy ever made.

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: Appalachiosaurus on September 30, 2016, 09:14:16 PM
It has a Pteroid bone! That makes it more accurate than every other pterosaur toy ever made.
Except for the shape of the wings. Even still, this is definitely on my list!
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Shonisaurus

The quetzalcoatlus Safari for me stands out for its elegance. However not convince me rose higher crest.

Anyway broadly modeled Safari are outstanding preferred is quetzalcoatlus this year and Microraptor. In general the figures are beautifully made from the point of view paleontological and what is most important jawless articulated as the rest of the collections of dinosaurs which is a beautiful detail to me.
Another memorable detail is that they are not painted as I pointed out on other occasions with war paint are more realistic figures in coloration except Parasaurolophus.

Moreover, this year maybe only focus on buying me what's new in Safari and Collecta. Papo and Rebor can expect my wallet and economy no longer works.

Moreover, the quetzalcoatlus for me is the best that has been done in the toy market. 8)

Shonisaurus

By the way I forgot already they revealed almost a third of their news.

What surprises me is that I have not done based on the prehistoric world toob this year. But honestly it is a tall order and makes me save money.

MLMjp

Not too fond of this one
Although very accurate I find the figure lacking in terms of detail, specially on the wings with no texture whatsoever. Not a fan of the blue and pink on the head, and looking at the measurements it is smaller than 1:40. I think I will pass on this one.

Dobber

So, where is the T-Rex silhouette? When I go to the safari site and type in either Dinosaur or Tyrannosaurus it doesn't show up. Same with The new Velociraptor. I know so,done showed them here.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Lanthanotus

There's several other toy models, boasting the pteroid bone,, for example REBOR's Dimorphodon and if you do not like to count that as a toy, there's also the Bullyland Pteranodon and maybe some others...

stargatedalek

Quote from: Lanthanotus on September 30, 2016, 10:40:56 PM

There's several other toy models, boasting the pteroid bone,, for example REBOR's Dimorphodon and if you do not like to count that as a toy, there's also the Bullyland Pteranodon and maybe some others...
Favorite Pteranodon has one, and I think the CollectA Quetzalcoatlus also has one.

Jose S.M.

The colors on the Quetzalcoatlus remind me of CollectA's Hatzegopterix head, if the one who looks alike was CollectA's Quetzalcoatlus  they could have work as a pair, well maybe they still work, with sexual dimorphism in mind.

tanystropheus

I really like the Quetz. It's colorful but also avoids being cartoon like (e.g. CollectA Hatz).
I'm actually kinda glad to see it in a flying posture. Too many sitting pterosaurs in the last few years!
Like it or not, it looks as if this is the 'definitive' Quetz....at least for now.

Doug Watson

Quote from: stargatedalek on September 30, 2016, 10:51:06 PM
Quote from: Lanthanotus on September 30, 2016, 10:40:56 PM

Favorite Pteranodon has one, and I think the CollectA Quetzalcoatlus also has one.

And since no one else has mentioned it so does my Safari Ltd Dimorphodon.

suspsy

I much prefer pterosaur figures in walking poses, but this is a a really great-looking Quetzalcoatlus.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

joossa

The Quetzalcoatlus and coelophysis are fantastic. The Parasaurolophus looks pretty bad to me. The paint job is comparable to a lot of Battats and looks much too sloppy for me.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

AcroSauroTaurus

Time for my daily Safari opinions!

Quetzalcoatlus: Love it! The sculpt is really good, and so are the colors, its obviously a male by the bright colors on the head. And now we have two good Quetzals in two different poses, the CollectA standing and the Safari flying. This ones definitely on my list!

Coelophysis: This figure is just beautiful, best Coelophysis out there so far. ;) And I love the colors, you can tell its a male, and I love bright colors on would be display areas. And I absolutely love the fact that it has fine feathering on the body. The feathered dinosaur toy revolution was started by CollectA, and is being continued by Safari, let the feathered dinosaur toy revolution continue!
I am the Dinosaur King!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: