News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari: New for 2017

Started by Patrx, August 22, 2016, 08:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Quote from: tyrantqueen on October 02, 2016, 12:49:57 PM
I hate it when figures are shooped onto real photographs. A nice white stock photo is much better and does the job fine.

Yeah, I agree.

Also, I'm pretty sure the Giganotosaurus' base won't be removable. Unless Safari plans on selling it boxed.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

suspsy

A photo of the T. rex is up. Same as the one where it was chasing people:
https://www.facebook.com/safariltd/posts/10153924110678193:0

Concavenator

MLMjp

Quote from: suspsy on October 02, 2016, 02:19:28 PM
A photo of the T. rex is up. Same as the one where it was chasing people:
https://www.facebook.com/safariltd/posts/10153924110678193:0

Definitely not the best angle for the figure, but I´m sure the official stock photos will show how glorious this figure will be.

Jose S.M.

It looks a bit "chubby" but I agree we need to see more photos, but I can say the head looks absolutely beautiful.

Dilopho

But.... I don't see how the two angles we've seen it at come together into one figure...?  ???
EDIT: It can't have been a flipped image because the head scars are on the same side....

Shonisaurus

From my humble point of view because unfortunately I am a collector and an amateur to the world of prehistory and I have no knowledge of the other forum members even remotely, I see dinosaurs Safari this year they have made fable both palaeontologically and from the perspective paleoartística.

Maybe this year for space and money just dedicated myself to this factory with Collecta.

On the other hand I like the feathered dinosaurs like Coelophysis and tyrannosaurus rex their older versions.

This year certainly Safari is one of the best factories in terms of the realization of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals. Safari has been exceeded and most importantly can be proud of their creations.

suspsy

Quote from: Dilopho on October 02, 2016, 02:51:51 PM
But.... I don't see how the two angles we've seen it at come together into one figure...?  ???
EDIT: It can't have been a flipped image because the head scars are on the same side....

Then it obviously has scars on both sides.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: suspsy on October 02, 2016, 03:05:03 PM
Quote from: Dilopho on October 02, 2016, 02:51:51 PM

Then it obviously has scars on both sides.

If you look closely, the scars in the upper image don't match those in the lower one. It must have scars on both sides. See also the perfect mirroring of the leg positions. Therefore, I believe the images are indeed flipped.

sauroid

it's a gravid queen rex preparing a nesting site.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

CMIPalaeo

I love how massive this T. rex is. Most T. rex figures tend very much toward the slimmer end of the species spectrum. It's nice to see a properly fatty, massively-muscled T. rex like Sue - looking at her skeleton, her legs look stubby for how massive she is. It's good to see a figure like this. It's expensive but... I think I'm gonna have to crack and buy this great figure. 
Once a man is tired of dinosaurs, he is tired of life; for there is in a dinosaur all that life can afford.

Sim

Quote from: tanystropheus on October 02, 2016, 06:25:24 AM
Regarding related species,

The Mosasaur's color pattern resembles that of the Tylosaurus
The Kronosaurus' color pattern resembles that of the Lipleurodon
The Giganotosaurus' color pattern resembles that of the Zedonk

The new Safari mosasaur is a Tylosaurus.  In case you didn't know, "Mosasaur" shouldn't be in italics as it's not a scientific species name.

Daspletodave

Yeah that T-Rex needs to go on a diet!

Halichoeres

Quote from: Sim on October 02, 2016, 05:20:31 PM

The new Safari mosasaur is a Tylosaurus.  In case you didn't know, "Mosasaur" shouldn't be in italics as it's not a scientific species name.

Which would apply with equal force to "zedonk."
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

tanystropheus

Okay, the post has been fixed to reflect accuracy of nomenclature.

Dilopho

Quote from: Daspletodave on October 02, 2016, 05:42:34 PM
Yeah that T-Rex needs to go on a diet!
A DIET?!?  ::)

Quotes from xkcd:
Tyrannosaurus rex weighed about as much as an elephant.
No one is totally sure what dinosaur metabolism looked like, but the best guesses for how much food T-rex ate seem to cluster around 40,000 calories per day.
(Read the rest of the article, it's very interesting! https://what-if.xkcd.com/78/)
So if anything, this T. rex looks pretty alright in weight!  :)

Silvanusaurus

The flagrantly glaring sunlight in these images is giving me a headache, I'm not paying extra if it's an accessory included with the figures.

suspsy

Indeed, this is one of the few T. rex figures I've seen that actually looks like it weighed eight or nine tons in life.

Sim

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 02, 2016, 06:05:52 PM
Quote from: Sim on October 02, 2016, 05:20:31 PM

Which would apply with equal force to "zedonk."

Good catch, Tim!  That slipped past me, probably because I'm too busy.

Dinoguy2

Ouch! Right in the wallet! I must buy these. Almost all this year are must haves and look better than any previous version of their respective species. Bravo.

How awesome is it that accompany finally had the cajones to make an appropriately fat T. rex?? Look at any good articulated specimen of an albertosaurine, at the way the belly ribs make a convex arc towards the pubic boot , and you can see that this is correct. And those are the slender subfamily!
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: