News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2012 Figures

Started by DinoToyForum, March 10, 2012, 09:30:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Roselaar on May 09, 2012, 02:47:45 PM
What went wrong with the 2012 Collecta Mapusaurus? The more I look at it, the more disappointing it gets. It has a decent size, an adequate paint job and a cool head sculpt, but those damn silly legs ruin it, like they weren't made for this figures. It doesn't look that way on Collecta's stock pictures... :-/
At least it's worth considering a purchase- you can't really say that about the older CollectAs.

I hope CollectA keeps on improving  8)

Roselaar

Quote from: tyrantqueen on May 09, 2012, 04:08:17 PM
What went wrong with the 2012 Collecta Mapusaurus? The more I look at it, the more disappointing it gets. It has a decent size, an adequate paint job and a cool head sculpt, but those damn silly legs ruin it, like they weren't made for this figures. It doesn't look that way on Collecta's stock pictures... :-/
At least it's worth considering a purchase- you can't really say that about the older CollectAs.

Yeah, it's still of enough interest to get it, but it really looks like something is wrong with it. especially compared to what Collecta's stock pics promise. Design flaws? Here's some pics:

It just looks nowhere near as badass as this one:

Simon

The arms have been moved up on the body, and resculpted - both are worse than the ones shown in the original.  The arms are also too long.  The legs are a bit short and the feet stink. The lower jaw is too short.
Horrendous.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Crap. Well I won't be getting that one then.. really wanted it too. :( 

It does look like they resculpted the whole thing for some reason. :?  It now has a lot of the same look as their new T-Rex..which also is a bit disappointing.

tyrantqueen

Wow that's a shame. The body and tail look good, but rest is meh. Does it stand without support?
It does look like they resculpted the whole thing for some reason. :?  It now has a lot of the same look as their new T-Rex..which also is a bit disappointing.
You have the new Rex already? Please could you post a pic?  :D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on May 09, 2012, 06:14:51 PM
Wow that's a shame. The body and tail look good, but rest is meh. Does it stand without support?
You have the new Rex already? Please could you post a pic?  :D

Sorry just comparing it to the stock photos.  I'm not really interested in it either...thanks to that odd skull shape.. :/

ZoPteryx

I still think the CollectA Mapusaurus is pretty cool, despite its stubby legs.  I wonder if the legs and arms were resculpted on purpose or if something just got lost in translation during the production process? ???

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Zopteryx on May 09, 2012, 08:20:31 PM
I still think the CollectA Mapusaurus is pretty cool, despite its stubby legs.  I wonder if the legs and arms were resculpted on purpose or if something just got lost in translation during the production process? ???

It's more than the arms and legs..the head and general body look a bit different as well.

Maybe the original was damaged and some one  put it back together like this ?

This one isn't Deluxe right ?  Perhaps they had to sculpt a smaller one and will release the other one as a Deluxe next year ?

Takama

Quote from: Roselaar on May 09, 2012, 04:18:11 PM

Yeah, it's still of enough interest to get it, but it really looks like something is wrong with it. especially compared to what Collecta's stock pics promise. Design flaws? Here's some pics:

OMG, They decieved to us.

It seems to follow the same strcture as the Tyrannosaurus with Struthiominus, I was expecting something a little more shorter then this. not long and snake like. Mybe if they shoten the neck, I would relly love this figure.

oh well, Ill stil buy it since its CollectA.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Takama on May 09, 2012, 09:12:38 PM

It seems to follow the same strcture as the Tyrannosaurus with Struthiominus, I was expecting something a little more shorter then this. not long and snake like. Mybe if they shoten the neck, I would relly love this figure.

Sarcasm I hope ? 

Buying something just because it's from a company you like even if you don't like the figure isn't a good way to help really.

The best way is to let them know why we don't like it and aren't buying it...hopefully they will fix it. CollectA if I recall was willing to listen in the past.

Gwangi

That is disappointing. That was one of the figures I was looking forward to the most but looking at those pictures I may have to pass on it.

Seijun

The arms and chest are completely different. I wonder why they changed it? No one in their right mind could possibly think that the revised version looks better.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

DinoToyForum

Somebody email CollectA and ask what happened!  ??? And post the reply here.  ;) Actually, if you bought it based on the publicity pic, you could ask for a refund.

Primeval12

That looks like a chinasaur, can you coustomize it so it doesn't look as crappy?

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 09, 2012, 09:28:35 PM
Quote from: Takama on May 09, 2012, 09:12:38 PM

Sarcasm I hope ? 

Buying something just because it's from a company you like even if you don't like the figure isn't a good way to help really.

The best way is to let them know why we don't like it and aren't buying it...hopefully they will fix it. CollectA if I recall was willing to listen in the past.

Wow, that is a big difference between the prototype and final figure! The body and head looks good, but the arms and leg just look too small for it.
It could be that there were something lost in translation, this would not be the first that it happened I believe. It also looks like who ever modified it is a different sculptor. Oh well, still like it :D
And there is nothing wrong in buying figures just because you like the company, god know I do it all the time. Its just matter of style. at the same time, it would help to give feedbacks. I'm a big CollectA supporter because I like that they do animals that are obscure, thats my personal taste ;D
Hope the rest of the figure will turn out like the photos ^-^

Bokisaurus

Quote from: dinotoyforum on May 10, 2012, 12:36:02 AM
Somebody email CollectA and ask what happened!  ??? And post the reply here.  ;) Actually, if you bought it based on the publicity pic, you could ask for a refund.
So, what happened? ^-^

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Bokisaurus on May 10, 2012, 12:43:41 AM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on May 10, 2012, 12:36:02 AM
So, what happened? ^-^
I didn't send one, it was a request for someone else to  ;)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Seijun on May 10, 2012, 12:17:49 AM
The arms and chest are completely different. I wonder why they changed it? No one in their right mind could possibly think that the revised version looks better.

Exactly. My guess is something must have happened to the original or the mold for it..they should have just held off and re-did it entirely instead of releasing something whose quality is that of  their first year.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 10, 2012, 12:48:09 AM
Quote from: Seijun on May 10, 2012, 12:17:49 AM

Exactly. My guess is something must have happened to the original or the mold for it..they should have just held off and re-did it entirely instead of releasing something whose quality is that of  their first year.

Agree, they did it with the Rhomaleosaurus before... perhaps when Anthony see it, he will ask it to be pulled! >:D until a proper remodel come out, but for now... hey if it does happen, this guy will be worth some $$$ :)) LOL!

Takama

Have a look at this.

http://stores.homestead.com/hstrial-Dliebman2/-strse-475/Mapusaurus-Deluxe-by-CollectA/Detail.bok

Dan has listed it as a deluxe, and at a $19.99 Price.

Dan is this just a mistake, Or is there really two versions of this Dinosaur?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: