News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2012 Figures

Started by DinoToyForum, March 10, 2012, 09:30:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Takama on May 10, 2012, 01:17:42 AM
Have a look at this.

http://stores.homestead.com/hstrial-Dliebman2/-strse-475/Mapusaurus-Deluxe-by-CollectA/Detail.bok

Dan has listed it as a deluxe, and at a $19.99 Price.

Dan is this just a mistake, Or is there really two versions of this Dinosaur?

I had thought it was Deluxe originally.

stoneage

Quote from: Simon on May 09, 2012, 05:06:36 PM
The arms have been moved up on the body, and resculpted - both are worse than the ones shown in the original.  The arms are also too long.  The legs are a bit short and the feet stink. The lower jaw is too short.

Otherwise I am pleasantly surprised by the body.  I think I'll get it anyway.

How can you tell the feet stink, if you don't have one?  Can you smell them?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: stoneage on May 10, 2012, 02:47:39 AM
Quote from: Simon on May 09, 2012, 05:06:36 PM
The arms have been moved up on the body, and resculpted - both are worse than the ones shown in the original.  The arms are also too long.  The legs are a bit short and the feet stink. The lower jaw is too short.

Otherwise I am pleasantly surprised by the body.  I think I'll get it anyway.

How can you tell the feet stink, if you don't have one?  Can you smell them?

From miles away I bet..the real terror of the Mesozoic. Foot odor ! ;D

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Bokisaurus on May 10, 2012, 01:07:52 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 10, 2012, 12:48:09 AM
Quote from: Seijun on May 10, 2012, 12:17:49 AM
The arms and chest are completely different. I wonder why they changed it? No one in their right mind could possibly think that the revised version looks better.

Exactly. My guess is something must have happened to the original or the mold for it..they should have just held off and re-did it entirely instead of releasing something whose quality is that of  their first year.

Agree, they did it with the Rhomaleosaurus before... perhaps when Anthony see it, he will ask it to be pulled! >:D until a proper remodel come out, but for now... hey if it does happen, this guy will be worth some $$$ :)) LOL!
I don't think I was around when that happened. What was the situation with the Rhomaleosaurus? What did it look like before?  :o

Simon

On second thought, after looking at the WS Acrocanthosaurus, a figure about the same size, and perhaps the pinnacle of plastic theropods to date, I will pass on this Mapusaurus and pretend I never saw it.  It truly is horrible.  Awful.

The whole thing stinks, not just the feet.

;D

Blade-of-the-Moon

CollectA told me it was just more " chunky " and the pose was the same. Said they post a comparison pic tomorrow.. :?

Simon

Email them again and tell them the consensus around here is that its just a BAD sculpt - soft on detail with mucho errors.

Then tell them to fire whoever sculpted it and get back to the drawing board.

We have come to expect MORE.   >:D

sauroid

i just hope CollectA is not regressing.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: sauroid on May 10, 2012, 09:23:48 AM
i just hope CollectA is not regressing.
Every company has a stinker or two in their line-up I guess. It's a shame but maybe CollectA will listen to the fans and change it  :-\

QuoteThen tell them to fire whoever sculpted it and get back to the drawing board.
Anthony Beeson....? I would hope not  :P

josheppaul

There are very nice collection given by you. I never seen these kind of photos before, it's awesome. I want to know that where you found these photos? I also want to know everything about these. So would you like to share something about these photos?

Mauro "Raptor86"

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Mauro "Raptor86" on May 10, 2012, 04:25:39 PM

ZOMG where is this pic from? Where did you get both figures? :O

Do you know why there are two versions? Prototype maybe?  :o

Mauro "Raptor86"

They're on the Collecta FB page. Don't know what they're, though

Blade-of-the-Moon

Beat me to it Mauro ! lol

Yeah those are the comparison shots they posted after I asked why it was so bad.   I do like the first one MUCH more. You can tell em' so here : http://www.facebook.com/CollectA.biz?ref=ts

Is the " bad " one more accurate though ? 

Judging by this it doesn't look like it : way too bulky.   The arms look too long in both reconstructions though.

sauroid

i like the slimmer/prototype myself, but the chunkier version could pass for a gravid female though.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: sauroid on May 10, 2012, 05:04:01 PM
i like the slimmer/prototype myself, but the chunkier version could pass for a gravid female though.

Hmm..maybe.

They should just release both . That would satisfy everyone..and not be a bait and switch.

Takama

Quote from: sauroid on May 10, 2012, 05:04:01 PM

I hope they release both. instead of replacing the fatty

It would give me less of a hassle, if that fatty were to be pulled off immediately to be replaced, i would be forced to go to extreme lengths to get one

sauroid

releasing both would be cool (male and female pair).

Takama

I just sent a suggestion to them about releasing both.

Now i will have to wait and see if they reply

Simon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on May 10, 2012, 09:27:09 AM

QuoteThen tell them to fire whoever sculpted it and get back to the drawing board.
Anthony Beeson....? I would hope not  :P

Mr. Beeson is not the sculptor.  He just approves the models.  Maybe he forgot to put his glasses on or he was on vacation when the second one was cooked up.  (My God, those arms, those fingers - can we say "Chinasaur-like"?)

In any event, since we now know that there is a first prototype, this disaster MUST be rectified by the release of the FIRST sculpt!!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: