News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2012 Figures

Started by DinoToyForum, March 10, 2012, 09:30:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: brontodocus on June 15, 2012, 11:59:56 AM
Quote from: DinoLord on June 14, 2012, 10:51:44 PM
Is it still just the Allosaurus and T. rex getting re-released?
At least for the moment they are the only ones. But there's still hoping that this is just the beginning... :)
And there's an update: HLJ has them in stock now - I've just received a notification since I've preordered them. Be warned, though: Since they are so large, shipping might be as expensive as the figures themselves (if not more), I'll get my brown Allosaurus and brown Tyrannosaurus in one SAL parcel from Japan to Germany for ¥5,000 (I've been a long time customer at HLJ and they never overcharge on shipping costs so the parcel must definitely be between 2 and 3 Kg according to SAL rates). Still that's pretty good altogether I'd say. And now, Kaiyodo people, get to work, I want all of the others, too! >:D  And when you're done and get bored just re-release the Aqualand series... ;D

I paid for my two Allos Saturday. Shipping was a bit more than I thought and the exchange rate for the U.S. is a bit crazy. My total for the two Allos were just over a hundred dollars. Still cheaper than eBay dealers though. 

I still want the other Dinoland pieces..but they need to watch how they tweak the pieces. I really love the bellowing Rex and always wanted him..but that head resculpt was just so ...cheap looking. Not at all as nicely detailed as the original.

sauroid

Quote from: CityRaptor on June 18, 2012, 08:00:01 PM
Schleich? Not in case of the ones with the articulated jaws...
oh. i wonder if the smaller/newer Brachi, Apato and Quetzal are much cheaper than the older and bigger ones
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

ZoPteryx

Quote from: SBell on June 18, 2012, 02:18:33 PM
Quote from: Rulon on the River on June 18, 2012, 11:27:35 AM
Prehistoric Mammal Skull Toob!?!?!? I was just at Michaels this month, and didn't see this(or know to look for it)...now I MUST return! Those are awesome! I did buy a toob of historical buildings (Pyramids, temples, etc) for dioramas with Godzilla and etc. I'll be stalking this thread, hoping to see news on new Imaginext Dino Rider figures!

Michaels is usually pretty slow with the new toobs, especially the odd, prehistoric ones (I've never seen the dino skulls, the prehistoric mammals, the prehistoric sharks or the prehistoric crocs at a Michaels for example).

I've seen the dino skull toob there, but that's about it.

Be sure to post some pictures of the new CollectAs Dan! ;)

brach81

Quote from: sauroid on June 18, 2012, 08:21:55 PM
Quote from: CityRaptor on June 18, 2012, 08:00:01 PM
Schleich? Not in case of the ones with the articulated jaws...
oh. i wonder if the smaller/newer Brachi, Apato and Quetzal are much cheaper than the older and bigger ones

In the UK the newer Schleich brach and apato are about half as cheap. Not sure about new Carnegie brach as its not been released in UK yet.

brach81

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 18, 2012, 05:54:49 PM
Quote from: CityRaptor on June 18, 2012, 02:19:51 PM
Quote from: brach81 on June 18, 2012, 02:10:38 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 18, 2012, 06:26:06 AM
I think both companies are just attempting a more modern neck posture.. ;)

Funny how both companies reduced the size of them. Cost cutting measure perhaps?

Schleich is downsizing in General.

Safari also admitted that the size reduction in their Brachio was to save money as well.

Glad Papo think differently ;D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: brach81 on June 18, 2012, 09:49:25 PM

Funny how both companies reduced the size of them. Cost cutting measure perhaps?

Safari also admitted that the size reduction in their Brachio was to save money as well.

Glad to agree ! ;D At least one company feels confident in doing a larger figure for those of us that want them. ;)

SBell

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 19, 2012, 02:01:31 AM

Glad to agree ! ;D At least one company feels confident in doing a larger figure for those of us that want them. ;)

Yeah. And I've got a 4-year-old insisting that we must somehow get a $50 dinosaur, when we already have every other worthwhile brach (Schleich need not apply). ;D  I am guessing she's just impressed by the apparent size, just like other people here...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SBell on June 19, 2012, 06:50:39 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 19, 2012, 02:01:31 AM

Yeah. And I've got a 4-year-old insisting that we must somehow get a $50 dinosaur, when we already have every other worthwhile brach (Schleich need not apply). ;D  I am guessing she's just impressed by the apparent size, just like other people here...

Don't forget the nice paint apps and detail as well.. ;)  ;D

..but yeah, size does matter. A larger figure will obviously get attention more.

Yutyrannus

I got these 2 figures yesterday and I thought I should share a picture of them on here :).

[attachment msg=12022][/attachment]

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Metallisuchus

Nice pieces. Is the Rex chick normally about $13? Just curious, as that's what I just paid for mine at TGF Toys.

ajax

Whats the deal with the new Schleich figures? do some just have a colour change, size decrease, new sculpt? ect ?????

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Metallisuchus on June 20, 2012, 01:09:43 AM
Nice pieces. Is the Rex chick normally about $13? Just curious, as that's what I just paid for mine at TGF Toys.
Actually, I got mine for $16.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Takama

Quote from: ajax on June 20, 2012, 05:59:55 AM
Whats the deal with the new Schleich figures? do some just have a colour change, size decrease, new sculpt? ect ?????

from what i hear, There are new sculpts and Shrunken sculpts.

plus the material that they are made of is softer then anything they done before. Very comparable to the Bullyland figures

Meso-Cenozoic

Hey Ajax! Good to see you!!

Yeah, the new Schleich "World of History" figures are basically the same or similar sculpts as their most recent figures in the past few years, but a little smaller and with different paint jobs. The only absolute new one is the 'Velociraptor". Check out the first page of this thread for pics of all of them.

You know I keep hearing that Carnegie made their Brachio in a smaller scale to keep the price down. But, they ended up only having just that one figure for 2012. I think they could've made it at least 1/40. It would've definitely sold. This 1/50 scale figure is being sold for between $25.99 - $29.99 at average. I can't imagine a 1/40 would be any more than a $10 increase ($35.99 - $39.99).

Sean, the Papo Brachio would cost you $50 up there? I'm able to get mine for $36!

The Juvenile Rexes are $13.99 at TGF Toys and $12.50 at DeJankins. $16 seems a bit much IMO for those little guys.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on June 20, 2012, 06:44:06 AM

Yeah, the new Schleich "World of History" figures are basically the same or similar sculpts as their most recent figures in the past few years, but a little smaller and with different paint jobs. The only absolute new one is the 'Velociraptor". Check out the first page of this thread for pics of all of them.

You know I keep hearing that Carnegie made their Brachio in a smaller scale to keep the price down. But, they ended up only having just that one figure for 2012. I think they could've made it at least 1/40. It would've definitely sold. This 1/50 scale figure is being sold for between $25.99 - $29.99 at average. I can't imagine a 1/40 would be any more than a $10 increase ($35.99 - $39.99).

Sean, the Papo Brachio would cost you $50 up there? I'm able to get mine for $36!

The Juvenile Rexes are $13.99 at TGF Toys and $12.50 at DeJankins. $16 seems a bit much IMO for those little guys.

The word on the Carnegie Brach's size came straight from Safari. I know it doesn't make any sense either..1/40 would have been fine for the slightly higher price.  It makes even less sense when you compare it with the new Wild Safari Brachiosaur.  Not much bigger and double the price.. :/

I have seen the little Rexes go for 15-16.00 at some places..but 12-13.00 makes much more sense.

Anyone know if this is a new piece for this year ? :

Desc. said it was a Kaiyodo Gorgosaurus bust, 19cm

postsaurischian

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 20, 2012, 08:04:27 AM
Anyone know if this is a new piece for this year ?

I also read that this was a new Kaiyodo release, but I do not like it at all. The composition makes no sense to me. That's one reason for it being doubtful that it's really made by Kaiyodo ;D. But who knows?

tyrantqueen

QuoteYeah, the new Schleich "World of History" figures are basically the same or similar sculpts as their most recent figures in the past few years, but a little smaller and with different paint jobs. The only absolute new one is the 'Velociraptor". Check out the first page of this thread for pics of all of them.
Actually the Rex and Triceratops have brand new sculpts as well  :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: postsaurischian on June 20, 2012, 11:41:33 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 20, 2012, 08:04:27 AM
Anyone know if this is a new piece for this year ?

I also read that this was a new Kaiyodo release, but I do not like it at all. The composition makes no sense to me. That's one reason for it being doubtful that it's really made by Kaiyodo ;D. But who knows?

It's a bust obviously..I guess showing the fleshed out animal with it's skull for a base ? I kinda like it because it's odd..lol  It's larger so that's a plus as well...but I saw 350.00 USD on it..no way I'm paying that..unless it's made out of gold. ;)

Metallisuchus

That's where I ordered mine - TGF. I was going to order from www.reallygreattoys.com because they have the best prices and a great selection, but I had $60 sitting in my Paypal account and they don't accept Paypal there, so TGF it was. My shipment may arrive today, as I placed the order on Sunday night. Why are the juvy rexes so much? They're roughly the same size as the $9-ish Pachycephalosaurus.

And regarding sauropod figures - I actually prefer the bigger ones to be downsized. Not even for cost, but I just don't want something that's going to take up too much room.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Metallisuchus on June 20, 2012, 06:15:11 PM

That's where I ordered mine - TGF. I was going to order from www.reallygreattoys.com because they have the best prices and a great selection, but I had $60 sitting in my Paypal account and they don't accept Paypal there, so TGF it was. My shipment may arrive today, as I placed the order on Sunday night. Why are the juvy rexes so much? They're roughly the same size as the $9-ish Pachycephalosaurus.

And regarding sauropod figures - I actually prefer the bigger ones to be downsized. Not even for cost, but I just don't want something that's going to take up too much room.

There are plenty of smaller sauropods though..not many really big ones.  I honestly just want them bigger than my other figures..sauropods in general were BIG...I like my collection to reflect that. Not have an 8" sauropod hidden behind a 12" Spinosaurus. ;)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: