News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2012 Figures

Started by DinoToyForum, March 10, 2012, 09:30:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roselaar

Looks good enough for me, but the paint job isn't nearly as appealing as on the pictures so far. But that's usual for Papo (and indeed most companies).

Takama

Yey more pics

wont be long, and we might see it poping up in the Recent Aqusitions Thread

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Roselaar on October 13, 2012, 04:27:58 PM
Looks good enough for me, but the paint job isn't nearly as appealing as on the pictures so far. But that's usual for Papo (and indeed most companies).

Exactly. It's just paint anyway..easily fixable. She looks quite impressive and BIG ! A lesson I wish all dino toy manufactures would take to heart. Make the large sauropods large ! ...maybe not to scale but still bigger than other figures. They are SO much more impressive to our inner child that way.

Coke

It's wonderfull (for me)!

tyrantqueen

I love it <3 Although it doesn't look as detailed as it does in the pre-release photos, sadly.

tanystropheus

Dat Brachiosaurus is bigger than the castle!! :o

Patrx

Hmm, I still dunno if I'm going to buy that thing. If it were a closer match to the Jurassic Park Brachio, I'd go for it - but is it my imagination, or is it green now? Without the JP connection I don't think I'm interested in this or most of Papo's wares. It just looks kinda vaguely retro, and, for my tastes, a bit too big.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Pixelboy on October 13, 2012, 11:09:09 PM
Hmm, I still dunno if I'm going to buy that thing. If it were a closer match to the Jurassic Park Brachio, I'd go for it - but is it my imagination, or is it green now? Without the JP connection I don't think I'm interested in this or most of Papo's wares. It just looks kinda vaguely retro, and, for my tastes, a bit too big.

It does look vaguely green, but I think its just the camera. For color comparison, you'll notice the Tylosaurus situated right next to it (and the Papo Tylosaurus is very faint green in real life), and the Tylosaurus is certainly more green than the Brachiosaurus. In the original stock pictures, the Brachiosaurus had a very subtle, almost silver color. While the figure may have a retro flair, the head sculpt is by far the most spot on reproduction of a JP version Brachiosaurus (unfortunately, the pic is a bit zoomed out)

brontodocus

Interesting, from the photos it seems as if the front feet had fewer unguals than expected, from the catalogue I thought they'd given it at least three but now it almost looks as if there's only one. ??? :) Well, apparently the hindfeet have at least one too many, though. Anyway, I like it and the paint doesn't bother me at all. I would even buy it if it was pink with purplish hearts on it. ;D

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Himmapaan

Quote from: brontodocus on October 14, 2012, 12:46:44 AM
Interesting, from the photos it seems as if the front feet had fewer unguals than expected, from the catalogue I thought they'd given it at least three but now it almost looks as if there's only one. ??? :) Well, apparently the hindfeet have at least one too many, though. Anyway, I like it and the paint doesn't bother me at all. I would even buy it if it was pink with purplish hearts on it. ;D

I was just thinking that about the forefeet too.

I don't think it looks either greenish or retro myself. :) I also look forward to getting it. 

Ikessauro

Finally some news on the Brachio. I don't really care for scale or corret feet, neither color... I'm just happy we're gonna get a Papo sauropod! 8) Once it's out in the stores I will get it asap.

Blade-of-the-Moon

As soon as Dan has it in stock I'm ordering ! ;D

Takama

here is a closer shot

alexeratops

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;DTHAT IS AAAAAAAAAAAWESOOOOOOOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-*
like a bantha!

Dan

Anyone spot that ankylosaur-like critter in the upper right hand corner of the enlarged image? Looks like a different color scheme from the original version, unless it's not really what it looks like.

alexeratops

I did notice that, it does'nt look like my papo anky.
like a bantha!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Color scheme doesn't..but that could be the lighting. The pose and all look spot on though.

ITewan

It's actually a Lion or other sort of Big Cat ;)
im a lil tired and a lil hungry

CityRaptor

Uhh, no the Cat is in the other corner. The Dinosaur is in the same corner as the brown T.rex and the Allosaurus. And looks indeed like the Anky.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

postsaurischian

:D  Oh yeah! Papo Brachiosaurus hit Germany today ;D!!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: