News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Battat Dynasty

Started by Bokisaurus, June 08, 2012, 09:21:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

@loru1588,out of curiosity will there be any slight updates besides new color schemes to any of the re-issued older series models,like Ceratosaurus for instance?
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

tyrantqueen

Quote from: John on August 18, 2014, 06:04:53 AM
@loru1588,out of curiosity will there be any slight updates besides new color schemes to any of the re-issued older series models,like Ceratosaurus for instance?
They're rereleasing the old toys in new colours so the old figures retain their value.

QuoteI think it's a very nice mold in a very dynamic pose. It does have difficulty standing, but it is by no means horrible.
You can thank the Kaiyodo Dilophosaurus for that. It strongly inspired the pose

I think CollectA are actually ahead of Battat in terms of nearly everything, and I'm not even that big of a CollectA fan. Their sculpting could be a little more detailed but aside from that I think they're superior. And they're not afraid to feather their toys either.

Libraraptor

Boki, so good to see them all together!

postsaurischian

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on August 18, 2014, 03:21:11 AM
Tact seems a lost art anymore :(

Unfortunately it does :(.

Quote from: Bokisaurus on August 18, 2014, 01:05:42 AM
The new figures go well with the old, there is good consistency in the figures. Here you will see the entire collection :D

Thanks Boki! Can't wait for the final pic after all the new releases ;D (and for finally getting me the Acrocanthosaurus in the near future).

Yutyrannus

Also, are new Terra figures going to be released each year now, or was that just this year?

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Takama

Quote from: Yutyrannus on August 18, 2014, 05:49:38 PM
Also, are new Terra figures going to be released each year now, or was that just this year?

There are new figures slated for early 2015

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Takama on August 18, 2014, 05:58:40 PM

Completely new ones or re-releases?

Takama

Quote from: Yutyrannus on August 18, 2014, 06:01:00 PM
Quote from: Takama on August 18, 2014, 05:58:40 PM

Completely new ones or re-releases?

new ones.

Yutyrannus

Yay! I'm really hoping for a fully feathered Deinonychus (like this one: http://ewilloughby.deviantart.com/art/The-Terrible-Claw-473377348) and a model of the new Spinosaurus that are the same quality as the Cryolophosaurus and Gastonia :).

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Yutyrannus on August 18, 2014, 06:16:01 PM
Yay! I'm really hoping for a fully feathered Deinonychus (like this one: http://ewilloughby.deviantart.com/art/The-Terrible-Claw-473377348) and a model of the new Spinosaurus that are the same quality as the Cryolophosaurus and Gastonia :).
Can just about eliminate your two requests almost without asking. If psittacosaurus is too small for the size range allowed, then where do you suppose that puts Deinonychus? As for Spinosaurus I dont see anyone that seriously researches their work releasing any Spinosaurus model until Paul Serreno releases his upcoming paper . If that falls before 2015 perhaps......
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Yutyrannus

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on August 18, 2014, 06:19:17 PM
Quote from: Yutyrannus on August 18, 2014, 06:16:01 PM
Can just about eliminate your two requests almost without asking. If psittacosaurus is too small for the size range allowed, then where do you suppose that puts Deinonychus? As for Spinosaurus I dont see anyone that seriously researches their work releasing any Spinosaurus model until Paul Serreno releases his upcoming paper . If that falls before 2015 perhaps......
i'm sure they can make some figures in a larger scale.

True, but they may make one eventually.

amargasaurus cazaui

Dan has stated all species chosen will fit nicely in the 1/40 format that has been folowed this far, at least for the time being. (I remember Carnegie saying something similar and then altering their approach ) On this one I do hope they change their minds because so many of the animals I would love to see are smaller....
   Many of the more basal dinosaurs for instance, or less derived species. My personnal wish was always to see Dan hammer out a Plateosaurus.
    i still think a tree that would bear fruit is a box-set format of four or five creatures from a given location or time period sold together. Perhaps Cretaceous China, or the Morrison Formation, Utah, or the Jurassic of Tendagaru , Africa etc.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Yutyrannus

I hope they do that, a Guanlong or something similar would be very cool! Maybe even a model of Megaraptor.

loru1588

As of now I am under contract for 6 more Terra series dinosaurs. I have no control over the release dates. However, if sales of the new series goes well a 3rd set would most likely be on the agenda and so on. As for the re-releases, no changes other than repaint. The changes can't be made in the molds, so new masters would have to be produced. That may be warranted at some point due to wear on the molds. If that's the case I will re-sculpt or retool the original masters to current accepted standards. Now, again, if sales of the re-released dinos are good, then I would add more critters to the set.

DinoLord

Hopefully you are able to leave the big carnivores and the Diplodocus alone. Those have eluded me for five years and I hope to be able to get the reissues that are the same sculpt-wise as the originals.

Simon

Dan - if you can disclose - since some of the 18 original Battat dinos had different versions (most notably the TRex), any chance that both versions would be re-issued?  Or will it simply be the latest version that is re-issued (ie the more gracile 'tripod' TRex vs. the more robust lunging Trex version 1?

Simon

Quote from: loru1588 on August 20, 2014, 09:53:09 PM
As of now I am under contract for 6 more Terra series dinosaurs. I have no control over the release dates. However, if sales of the new series goes well a 3rd set would most likely be on the agenda and so on. As for the re-releases, no changes other than repaint. The changes can't be made in the molds, so new masters would have to be produced. That may be warranted at some point due to wear on the molds. If that's the case I will re-sculpt or retool the original masters to current accepted standards. Now, again, if sales of the re-released dinos are good, then I would add more critters to the set.

Hmmm... that would make 36 total sculpts of Battats.  Battat dinos breaking out into Collecta-range, numbers wise, practically unfathomable (in a good way!!!)

loru1588

Quote from: Simon on August 20, 2014, 11:08:19 PM
Dan - if you can disclose - since some of the 18 original Battat dinos had different versions (most notably the TRex), any chance that both versions would be re-issued?  Or will it simply be the latest version that is re-issued (ie the more gracile 'tripod' TRex vs. the more robust lunging Trex version 1?

The later tripod version is the one being reissued, due to the problems the 1st version had standing up. The 2nd version of the Dilophosaurus is also the reissued version. Same problem standing.

John

Quote from: loru1588 on August 20, 2014, 09:53:09 PM
It's good to know there is yet another set coming up after this new one that just came out.Here's hoping that many more will follow.  ;D
And I'm going to be happy to be able to get to the 3rd version of the Tyrannosaurus in the re-releases as well.The one I have is the robust version that has the blocks of ground on it's feet as if it had been pulled up from a diorama,the "snowshoe" version.The new paint scheme will be a nice contrast to the old one. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

amargasaurus cazaui

I am curious about something here Dan..if I could ask please. Battat is doing all of this with your cooperation which I understand....and you have stated as far as the re-releases Boston Museums claim to the line has long expired leaving seemingly you and Battat or just Battat? If you both are co-owners now where does this place Greg regarding the figures he sculpted? Does he have some agreement with them as well or do they have sole right of ownership ?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: