News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Battat Dynasty

Started by Bokisaurus, June 08, 2012, 09:21:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

here you go Stoneage, save Boki some work. :)

Bokisaurus

Well, figured it will be good to see the new generation with all of their predecessors, so here you go-

The new figures go well with the old, there is good consistency in the figures. Here you will see the entire collection :D

Takama

Nice group shots. I cant wait to own them all (The re-releases that is)

EmperorDinobot

I'm going to have to pick up my jaw, because it dropped on the floor hard upon seeing so many beautiful Battats.

Wonderful shots Bokisaurus.

stargatedalek

euoplocephalus gives me Dinosaur King flashbacks :P

they all look great together, I've never been a huge fan of them to be honest but I'll probably pick up a couple of the re-releases

Yutyrannus

It's hard to believe that the same person who sculpted the Cryolophosaurus and Gastonia also sculpted that horrifying Dilophosaurus.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

amargasaurus cazaui

Tact seems a lost art anymore :(
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

stoneage

Quote from: Takama on August 18, 2014, 12:54:43 AM

Thanks Takama!  I remember that Boki did a review of the Collecta Dacentrurus and Carnegie Miragaia, so I knew he had the figure.  Both the Collecta and Battat Dacentrurus are suppose to be 1/40 scale.  But the Collecta figure is a lot bigger.  Which one is correct?

Takama

The Battat one I believe.   A lot of CollectAs figures are way too oversized to be 1:40 (seriously, there triceratops looks gigantic when compared to the little guy that comes with them)

tanystropheus

I like the Pachy and the Theriz  :)

...now, if we can only get the DR Iguanodon and Parasaurolophus....I suppose anything is possible at this point...

grantharding

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: Yutyrannus on August 18, 2014, 02:16:41 AM
It's hard to believe that the same person who sculpted the Cryolophosaurus and Gastonia also sculpted that horrifying Dilophosaurus.

I think it's a very nice mold in a very dynamic pose. It does have difficulty standing, but it is by no means horrible.

loru1588

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on August 18, 2014, 04:43:13 AM

I think it's a very nice mold in a very dynamic pose. It does have difficulty standing, but it is by no means horrible.

The 1st Dilophosaurus was sculpted 20 years ago! I do hope anything I did 20 years ago has shown SOME signs of improvement!! You do realize the Dilophosaurus was resculpted a few years later?

Yutyrannus

Quote from: loru1588 on August 18, 2014, 04:49:38 AM

The 1sy Dilophosaurus was sculpted 20 years ago! I do hope anything I did 20 years ago has shown SOME signs of improvement!! You do realize the Dilophosaurus was resculpted a few years later?
Oh, yeah there's an IMMENSE amount of improvement. Actually, the Cryolophosaurus is one of the best figures I own :).

No I didn't, I don't think there is a picture of it on here.

Yutyrannus

Are we talking about the same figure?

DinoLord

Not all the dilophosaurus had a stand. I think it's a pretty good figure. It's no Ceratosaurus (which is probably one of my overall favorites, big props to you Dan if it was your sculpt) but it's certainly not horrifying.

loru1588

loru1588

Quote from: stoneage on August 18, 2014, 03:30:30 AM
Quote from: Takama on August 18, 2014, 12:54:43 AM

Thanks Takama!  I remember that Boki did a review of the Collecta Dacentrurus and Carnegie Miragaia, so I knew he had the figure.  Both the Collecta and Battat Dacentrurus are suppose to be 1/40 scale.  But the Collecta figure is a lot bigger.  Which one is correct?

Dacentrurus was about 25 feet long making it around 7" in 1:40th scale

EmperorDinobot

Yes, we are talking about the same figure. Hmm... seems I have version 2. I kinda like Ver 1 too! It's got a sort of...vintage appeal to it.

Yutyrannus

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: