News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

KeU's Dinosaurs

Started by KeU, December 29, 2016, 04:52:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KeU

Quote from: SidB on December 12, 2020, 02:41:59 PM
Love that Borealopelta. Mine came within a few feet of me, all the way from Hong Kong, but then Canada Post took it away, claiming "undeliverable," even though the correct shipping address was plainly marked on the package. Have had to order another one and wait for another six or so weeks. Oh well, I can enjoy your beautiful pictures in the meanwhile.
That really stings.
To be so close yet so far.
I hope your next Borealopelta package is less painful.
I noticed that ordering from the Model Toy Center on Aliexpress, they use an intermediary carrier between China Post and USPS called Pitney Bowes.
Did not notice this when ordering from My Online Toy Store.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

That's a lovely model  gorgeous Nodosaur and Hadrosaur too.

I like your photography,  you've captured quite a few angles really well I think

I'm so glad Everything Dinosaur is getting them in the next week or so, though my 1 and only go o  aliexpress was quite good.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

KeU

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on December 13, 2020, 09:07:32 PM
That's a lovely model  gorgeous Nodosaur and Hadrosaur too.
I like your photography,  you've captured quite a few angles really well I think
I'm so glad Everything Dinosaur is getting them in the next week or so, though my 1 and only go on aliexpress was quite good.
Thank you.
I am trying to figure out what is the best angle to capture the pose of the figure.
Compared to the rest of the folks here, I am a mere hatchling in photography.

That is good news that PNSO is slowly getting more accessible.
More people will be able to enjoy these fantastic and affordable figures.

I am also curious on PNSO's business model.
They are cranking out new figures at a breakneck speed.
And the figures are not widely available.
I wonder if they are even profiting from this.

KeU

Finally, the very first 2020 PNSO model I ordered made it home.
Another down, 4 more figures to go.
Elated to add a Tuojiangosaurus to my collection.
QiChuan is a charming fellow that will make a great addition for any collector.
Just note that he is covered with sharp points, luckily, most at made from soft plastic.

Shonisaurus

avatar_KeU @KeU My congratulations on your new acquisition. Indeed the PNSO tuojiangosaurus is a luxury stegosaurus figure and most importantly at an affordable price.

KeU

Quote from: Shonisaurus on December 15, 2020, 03:58:52 PM
My congratulations on your new acquisition. Indeed the PNSO tuojiangosaurus is a luxury stegosaurus figure and most importantly at an affordable price.
Thank you Shoni.

Side note, your response time is incredible.
Feels like you are permanently on the forum.

Halichoeres

Despite the somewhat outdated proportions, this figure is a winner!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

KeU

The eagerly awaited Audrey is here.
After high expectations from Caroline, this came in with slight disappointment.
The skin details are not as crisp and certain finer aspects of the figure are not as well casted.
However, she is still a very good Lambeosaurus figure, standing head and shoulders over the competition.

Close ups... the figure came in really glossy, especially the crest.
I did quite a bit of paint touch ups and flat coat over the entire figure.

I mentioned earlier on some details not casted as well as Caroline.
The hands, the last finger in particular, are thicker and more crude.

The 2 ladies together.

Was doing some reading online, it seems the sizes of these 2 have been updated slightly since the last I checked.
Lambeosaurus is now estimated at 7.6m. Audrey measures about 27cm along the curves, which makes out to be 1/28.1 scale.
On the other hand, the largest Corythosaurus comes in at 9.4m. With Coraline measuring 33.5cm, she comes in at an identical 1/28.1 scale.
So maybe Audrey and Caroline are meant to be in scale and displayed together.

Overall, after the touch ups, I am very satisfied with Audrey and to have her standing proudly along side Caroline on the display shelf.
I am looking forward to the Parasaurolophus reveal. It will be nice to have all 3 showcased together.

Shonisaurus

avatar_KeU @KeU My congratulations on your two new acquisitions. Honestly, I like both hadrosaurids a lot, although I have to agree with the lambeosaurus that you feel a bit disappointed. PNSO's lambeosaurus sculpture is exceptionally outstanding and good but the paint job I think could be improved and it could be a more realistic paint job from my point of view considering in my case all the paleontological reproductions that I know to date of the different dinosaur books that I have under my belt. But without a doubt for me it is the best lambeosaurus made to date by any brand of toy dinosaurs.

The PNSO corythosaurus is much better physically than in photography. Honestly, photography shows defects that it doesn't really have and for me it is the most perfect corythosaurus figure that exists in the toy dinosaur market and the most scientific.

ceratopsian

Your touch-ups worked very well.  They display well together.

KeU

Quote from: Shonisaurus on December 18, 2020, 08:13:04 AM
My congratulations on your two new acquisitions. Honestly, I like both hadrosaurids a lot, although I have to agree with the lambeosaurus that you feel a bit disappointed. PNSO's lambeosaurus sculpture is exceptionally outstanding and good but the paint job I think could be improved and it could be a more realistic paint job from my point of view considering in my case all the paleontological reproductions that I know to date of the different dinosaur books that I have under my belt. But without a doubt for me it is the best lambeosaurus made to date by any brand of toy dinosaurs.
The PNSO corythosaurus is much better physically than in photography. Honestly, photography shows defects that it doesn't really have and for me it is the most perfect corythosaurus figure that exists in the toy dinosaur market and the most scientific.
Thank you Shoni.
I agreed both are pretty much the best we can get for the species.
And we are lucky they are inexpensive and scale well with each other.
I noticed that as well. That I see more defects after taking photos of the figures.
The close up shots really magnify all the details.
Quote from: ceratopsian on December 18, 2020, 10:39:32 AM
Your touch-ups worked very well.  They display well together.
Thank you.
Touch ups are pretty much all I do now.
An all new paint scheme is a little beyond my abilities right now.

KeU

Woot woot, 2nd figure in the same amount of days.
Not expecting the remaining 2 to show up this week though.
This streak will end at 2.
Brian the Pachyrhinosaurus is in the house.
Very nice and compact figure.
Paint is good too.
Hopefully that means PNSO is improving their production process.

Quick size comparison with Doyle.
I do wish Brian was a tad larger.

Group shot with his fellow Alberta residents.

Bread

The Pachyrhinosaurus looks wonderful. Love the comparison of it with the two hadrosaurs. I would honestly say this is an underrated figure out of the bunch of PNSO's we have received this year. Lovely purchases and hopefully your other two figures will show up soon!

KeU

Quote from: Bread on December 19, 2020, 02:09:01 AM
The Pachyrhinosaurus looks wonderful. Love the comparison of it with the two hadrosaurs. I would honestly say this is an underrated figure out of the bunch of PNSO's we have received this year. Lovely purchases and hopefully your other two figures will show up soon!
Thanks.
The Pachyrhino is indeed very good.
But it is overshadowed by the flashier (Corythosaurus) or exotic releases (Sinoceratops).
The next 2 are slowly edging closer.
They will get here eventually.

Shonisaurus

My congratulations on your pachyrhinoceratops, without a doubt a good figure although I honestly like the machainoceratops and sinoceratops better. Nice comparison with the Doyle triceratops.

KeU

Quote from: Shonisaurus on December 19, 2020, 10:06:31 AM
My congratulations on your pachyrhinoceratops, without a doubt a good figure although I honestly like the machainoceratops and sinoceratops better. Nice comparison with the Doyle triceratops.
Thank you Shoni.
I am still on the fence on the Machairoceratops, have not pulled the trigger yet.
It seems to be have a subpar paint job.
The Sinoceratops on the other hand, I am looking forward to.
I have no doubt it will look great with Doyle and Brian.

KeU

Alright, after a couple of days, I find that my touch ups on Audrey made the white too striking.
And it is distracting while displayed with the other PNSO figures. Making it feel like she does not belong.
I toned down the white, reduced the stripe width as well.
And threw a slight blue hue on the upper back and legs.

Will re-visit in a few days again, to see if this update is an improvement.

Bread

Removing the gloss on the crest, as well as reducing the tone of the white stripes really helps this figure. I look forward to seeing more of your touch ups/repaints, keep up the great work!

KeU

Quote from: Bread on December 19, 2020, 09:15:50 PM
Removing the gloss on the crest, as well as reducing the tone of the white stripes really helps this figure. I look forward to seeing more of your touch ups/repaints, keep up the great work!
Thank you thank you.
The difference in PNSO's promo pictures is what is really spurring this.
I would like to have my figures a wee bit closer to the prototypes.

KeU

My last 2 PNSO orders from 2020 did not make it in for the year's end and are still in transit.
Here's my PNSO lineup as of 2020. Hopefully 2021 will greatly expand on this.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: