News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

KeU's Dinosaurs

Started by KeU, December 29, 2016, 04:52:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidB

Nice, clear visuals on Wyatt's feet. I'd been wondering how PNSO was going to depict the front hooves on this genus and your pictures provide the answer. Thanks.

KeU

Quote from: SidB on April 01, 2021, 03:09:05 AM
Nice, clear visuals on Wyatt's feet. I'd been wondering how PNSO was going to depict the front hooves on this genus and your pictures provide the answer. Thanks.
Glad the picture helped.
Looking at Caroline and Audrey, they do have their front hooves too.

SidB

Yes, it seems to be the consensus now, apparently. It was hard to tell on the older renditions of Parasaurolophus, or the forefeet were simply depicted as mittens.

KeU

Big thank you to S @Syndicate Bias sending the 2 figures over.
I got them safe and sound.

First up is the Behemoth, Nanmu's Giganotosaurus.
Truly fitting to its name, this is currently the largest theropod figure I have.
Issues on accuracy and size aside, this is a marvelous piece.
The incredible Nanmu sculpt details, translucent teeth, glossy eyes.
If there is 1 complain, it is that the jaw is loose and I cannot keep it shut for extended periods of time.
I am very happy with Nanmu's attempt.
Let's see how well Universal handle their Giga design.
I am pretty sure once Nanmu gets their hands on the design file, there will be another release from them.

Close up on the head.
The amount of details that Nanmu cramp into the sculpt is astounding.

Nanmu's big 3 Theropods.
They display really well together.

My Giga situation is getting out of hand.
Most probably gonna thin out the pack.

KeU

Next up is PNSO's Gamba, the Carcharodontosaurus.
Similar to the Nanmu Giga, the first thing to strike me is the size of the figure.
But on the opposite end of the spectrum.
Even with all the discussion on the figure size and dimensions posted online, I am still underwhelmed by the petiteness of Gamba.
Apart from that, PNSO did nail the sculpt really well.
Proportions and general shape looks correct.

The head is my favorite part of Gamba.
PNSO nailed the skull shape and the details are good.
Jaw articulates really well too.

The molding on the other hand seems to be a step back from PNSO's standards though.
Especially on the feet and claws, I noticed a loss of details as they are not as crisp as the prototype.

And the seam lines around the arms are quite distracting.

They are more noticeable in photos.
As the figure is small, and when viewed from a display shelf, these issues are hardly perceivable.
Size comparison with Lucas.

Gamba is not gonna bother adult Essien any time soon.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Congrats! I remember you in 2019, demanding moar Giganotosaurus and Carcharodontosaurus Figures. And now that. :D

Shonisaurus

My congratulations on your two new acquisitions, that carcharodontosaurus nicknamed "Gamba" is a tantalizing figure. No wonder many DTF members including myself love PNSO and its Aliexpress merchants so much.

Nanmu's giganotosaurus, despite its criticism, seems to me the most beautiful figure of giganotosaurus that I have in my collection, only Eofauna and Vitae compete with it, although these last two are scientific without a doubt my favorite non-scientific giganotosaurus figure on the market of the toy dinosaur and sorry for Papo.

Duna

Wow, congrats for you fantastic Giga collection. They are the best of the best! Don't  you plan to get the Eofauna (the most accurate though the less spectacular)?
The carcha is very nice, too. It's one of the best.

KeU

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on June 20, 2021, 12:47:39 PM
Congrats! I remember you in 2019, demanding moar Giganotosaurus and Carcharodontus Figures. And now that. :D
Thank you my friend.
And PNSO announced a Torvosaurus.
I am over the moon.
Quote from: Shonisaurus on June 22, 2021, 11:55:36 AM
My congratulations on your two new acquisitions, that carcharodontosaurus nicknamed "Gamba" is a tantalizing figure. No wonder many DTF members including myself love PNSO and its Aliexpress merchants so much.
Nanmu's giganotosaurus, despite its criticism, seems to me the most beautiful figure of giganotosaurus that I have in my collection, only Eofauna and Vitae compete with it, although these last two are scientific without a doubt my favorite non-scientific giganotosaurus figure on the market of the toy dinosaur and sorry for Papo.
Thanks Shoni.
That was a big mis-step by Papo.
I wonder if they will correct the posture and re-release.
But with some many other better Giganotosaurus figures, it might be a long lost opportunity.
They probably just move on and release other species.
Quote from: Duna on June 22, 2021, 03:07:56 PM
Wow, congrats for you fantastic Giga collection. They are the best of the best! Don't  you plan to get the Eofauna (the most accurate though the less spectacular)?
The carcha is very nice, too. It's one of the best.
Thank you Duna.
I was very tempted by Eofauna's.
They did a great representation of a Giganotosaurus.
But as with my W-Dragon and Vitae Gigas, they are the odd ones out and don't really display well with my other Carniegie, Nanmu or PNSO figures.
Especially when I am not planning to add more W-Dragon or Eofauna figures.

KeU

B @bone crusher
Here are the comparison pictures you needed.

Close up of the head designs.

You can see the Giga has a much bigger noggin.
I have both of them on a level surface, so they are pretty much standing eye to eye.
A shot of the 3 Nanmu Theropods I have.

KeU

While PNSO has continued with their rapid fire releases, here I am just getting Paul the Allosaurus.
I noticed the he was on Amazon Prime with free 3 day shipping, that is too much temptation to not pull the trigger.

I did a bit of paint touchups, primarily on the head.
More red on the crests.
More paler colors on the head to brighten it up.
Cleaned up the paint on the teeth.
Paler blue for the eyes.
And generous amount of gloss coat on the eyes, nostrils, and mouth.

A couple of comparisons with Gamba...

With the PAPO Allosaurus...

And lastly, a contemporary, Rosana.

The difference in scale styles is quite distracting.

Shonisaurus

My congratulations on your acquisitions of Nanmu and especially of PNSO. I admire you as all the members of DTF that you can allow yourself that pleasure and the privilege of collecting very recent figures of dinosaurs. They are wonderful theropod figures and the miragaia is a very beautiful figure, although in my case I like Carnegie's better.  :)

KeU

Quote from: Shonisaurus on July 13, 2021, 11:05:24 AM
My congratulations on your acquisitions of Nanmu and especially of PNSO. I admire you as all the members of DTF that you can allow yourself that pleasure and the privilege of collecting very recent figures of dinosaurs. They are wonderful theropod figures and the miragaia is a very beautiful figure, although in my case I like Carnegie's better.  :)
Thanks Shoni.
You always have kind words to share in the forum.
I do like the Carnegie Miragaia, but I have to limit myself to specific figures I really want and how everything displays together.
If not, the collection and spending will balloon out of control.

KeU

Here I am, ambling at a leisurely pace with my collection.
Finally got around getting Connor the Torvosaurus.
I am pretty excited for him, considering I always liked Torvosaurus.
Feel great to finally add one to my shelves.

As usual, I did some light touch ups to bring out the details in the sculpt.
Dark gray wash throughout the figure.
Light beige dry brushing, some yellow on the crests, and touch ups to the teeth.
And of course, extra gloss to the eyes, nose, and mouth area.

Connor is a very detailed figure.
It is however, small.
I would definitely would have liked a slightly larger animal.
There are some small areas to note, especially folks that might be interested in picking him up.
The teeth on mine are not painted accurately, I had to do a little touch up on them.
Paint application on the hand and toe claws are sloppy.
The molding on the feet is not as good compared to the other PNSO Theropods as well.

There are some minor spots on the figure where the details are not as crisp.
Note the area around the Scapula.
Noticed them when applying a dark wash.

They are not very noticeable in hand since the figure is not very big.
When viewed from a display shelf, they are perfectly fine.
Here's a comparison with PNSO's other small scaled Theropods.

Standing beside Paul....
You can tell Connor is bulkier, but he could use some additional height.

Portugal hunt.
Forgot I did a similar shot with Rosana and Paul earlier.

Bread

Wonderful additions! I myself have not gotten around to pickup any of PNSO's recents, but seeing your photos gets me eager to pick them up.

Your paint modifications are also always pleasant to the eye. They truly improve the figures. Glad to see they continue!

KeU

Quote from: Bread on August 09, 2021, 07:33:45 PM
Wonderful additions! I myself have not gotten around to pickup any of PNSO's recents, but seeing your photos gets me eager to pick them up.
Your paint modifications are also always pleasant to the eye. They truly improve the figures. Glad to see they continue!
Thanks!
I blame the promo pictures PNSO show.
The paint apps on the actual figures always fall short and it annoys me.

Glad to re-introduce the buying bug to you.
Now might be a good time since Amazon has a few of the Theropods on Prime.
I am really tempted to get the Tarbosaurus, since I lack that species.
But the giant clown feet are a deal breaker for me right now.
Decisions decisions.

sauroid

nice to see your collection. your pics make me even more excited to receive my Torvo and Carcharodontosaurus.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

KeU

Quote from: sauroid on August 09, 2021, 07:54:55 PM
nice to see your collection. your pics make me even more excited to receive my Torvo and Carcharodontosaurus.
Glad that my humble pictures have some purpose.
Hope you will get your figures quick!

Halichoeres

Looks extra good with your touch-ups.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

SidB

Nice job on Connor. That's the effect I want on the teeth on mine, will get onto that soon.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: