News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

KeU's Dinosaurs

Started by KeU, December 29, 2016, 04:52:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KeU

Quote from: Halichoeres on August 30, 2021, 03:56:37 AM
Looks extra good with your touch-ups.
Quote from: SidB on August 30, 2021, 12:31:28 PM
Nice job on Connor. That's the effect I want on the teeth on mine, will get onto that soon.
Thank you folks.
I am still feeling my way through on painting a figure.
Looking to get a cheap figure for a full up re-paint.
That will be a fun experiment.

KeU

Another add as I continue to fall miserably behind all the releases that has happened the past few months.
Seems like PNSO going back to the same material as they did earlier Hadrosaur releases for the Olorotitan.
It is a stiffer material like what was used on the Lambeosaurus and Corythosaurus.
Not the softer material that was used for the Parasaurolophus.
Casting for the Olorotitan is probably the weakest.
A couple of annoying mold lines can be seen and a number of spots with flashing.
Paint is not bad, but I did do touch ups again.
The figure does have a shocking amount of details hidden by the paint application.

Seems like orange is not quite showing in the photos, I need to play around the settings in my phone.

Shonisaurus

My congratulations on your new acquisition. Honestly, despite the criticism, I really like the olorotitan, as I have commented on many times I like it because it is a species little treated in the collectibles market (I call it a rare figure) and above all I like that purplish aspect. I regret, however, that it is made of rigid plastic. I am not in favor of this plastic and on the other hand in the long term it will have stability problems, however beautiful figure and I am happy for you.

KeU

I have been quiet for a long while.
Been busy with work and other distractions.
But I have been able to add 1 PNSO figure to my collection.
Couldn't resist the excellent Zhuchengtyrannus LuXiong.

Some closeups of the head.
The sculpt is packed with details.
And it can really just pass off as an excellent Tyrannosaurus figure.

Feet are way larger than the other earlier Theropod releases, except for ChuanZi.
They do not look as oversized as on the Tarbosaurus.
PNSO has managed to hit a sweet spot of aesthetics vs stability.

No more distracting seams for the arms.
That is a big production improvement.
Wonder if they were only able to pull it off because of the smaller arms of a Tyrannosaur or if we can expect this for all future Theropod releases.

Some comparison shots.
LuXiong scales well with Gamba.

Especially lovely to see that even though both looked similar in size from the side, a Tyrannosaur is bulkier all around.

Shots with the smaller Theropods.

BrontoScorpio

An interesting comparison shot would also be next to the Tarbosaurus and the fat wilson T-rex.

I still hesitate whether to buy it - since it looks to me to similar to the fat wilson

KeU

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on March 08, 2022, 09:43:09 AM
An interesting comparison shot would also be next to the Tarbosaurus and the fat wilson T-rex.
I still hesitate whether to buy it - since it looks to me to similar to the fat wilson

I skipped on the Tarbosaurus due to the ridiculously deep gut it has and the size of its feet.

This Zhuchengtyrannus works as a Tyrannosaurus alternative, especially since it has the more accurate skin integument.
The only reason why I did not get the latest Wilson.

I recall seeing a number of comparison shots in the forum of those 3 together.
They do look very nice displayed side by side.

SRF

avatar_KeU @KeU did you repaint your Zhuchentyrannus? The colors seem to be different from what I've seen of this figure on other pictures and in review videos. For the better I must say!

Speaking of those review videos, avatar_BrontoScorpio @BrontoScorpio there are some video reviews of Zhuchengtyrannus on Youtube in which all big Tyrannosaurs from PNSO are compared to one another. Maybe you want to check those out.
But today, I'm just being father

KeU

Quote from: SRF on March 08, 2022, 02:01:12 PM
avatar_KeU @KeU did you repaint your Zhuchentyrannus? The colors seem to be different from what I've seen of this figure on other pictures and in review videos. For the better I must say!
Thank you for noticing.
Yes, I did some 'enhancements' as much as my skills allow.
Definitely not at a point where I am comfortable doing a total repaint.
I did a dark brown wash and light yellow dry brushing. Thinking of adding a hint of orange for the transition areas.
Added more gloss to the eyes and mouth area as well.

Shonisaurus

Thank you for showing the photos of your zhuchengtyrannus, it is sincerely a tyrannosaurus superior to its counterpart in Favorite in terms of quality and size and painting, on the other hand, your adjustments in the look of that dinosaur have been embroidered, sincerely it is a figure that I have planned buy after the tsintaosaurus (it's on its way) and the livyatan pnso (which is my second priority) My congratulations for your exceptional photos and for your new zhuchentyrannus I suppose it will stand up perfectly. It is a very beautiful figure, the theropod that has most attracted the attention of PNSO.

KeU

Quote from: Shonisaurus on March 10, 2022, 09:26:06 AM
Thank you for showing the photos of your zhuchengtyrannus, it is sincerely a tyrannosaurus superior to its counterpart in Favorite in terms of quality and size and painting, on the other hand, your adjustments in the look of that dinosaur have been embroidered, sincerely it is a figure that I have planned buy after the tsintaosaurus (it's on its way) and the livyatan pnso (which is my second priority) My congratulations for your exceptional photos and for your new zhuchentyrannus I suppose it will stand up perfectly. It is a very beautiful figure, the theropod that has most attracted the attention of PNSO.
Thanks Shoni.
Even with its more Dynamic pose, the Zhuchengtyrannus is actually more stable than the Carcharodontosaurus, Torvosaurus, and definitely more than the Allosaurus.
Having larger feet helps.

KeU

After touring Loon's and postsaurischian's collection threads, I was easily swayed and pulled the trigger on Fergus the Acrocanthosaurus.
Ignoring my weakness for giant Theropods, it is definitely the fantastic photos they posted that really put the figure is a more flattering light.
And I am glad to declare that the figure is great upon receiving it. All concerns on proportions and skull accuracy are immediately forgotten.

Starting with a couple of shots that exaggerates Fergus' big head.

Careful alignment of the figure and camera positions here to better show how the proportions really look on hand.

Closer look at the skin textures.
Notice that PNSO chose to use a rougher skin texture for the hump.
Some might find this distracting.

Closeup shots.
No seams on the arms, identical to the Zhuchengtyrannus.
PNSO really have nailed the molding technique here.
No need for separate arm pieces that need to be glued together.

Feet details are better than the Carcharodontosaurus.
Even though they are of similar size.

Weirdly my copy came with unpainted nails.
I had to touch them up myself.
Head details are very good.
The teeth however, are really badly painted.
Again, I had to do touch ups on those.

Comparisons with some other PNSO Theropods.

And finally, group shots.

Overall, I am really pleased with the figure.
And it is nice that PNSO are producing figures of large Theropods outside the big 3.
Now, did someone mention Suchomimus?

SidB

Fine set of comparisons avatar_KeU @KeU . Thanks for sharing. It looks like the delivery service has lost my Fergus - if push comes to shove, it seems worthwhile to acquire another one, it's such a splendid figure.

KeU

Quote from: SidB on June 10, 2022, 04:51:27 AMFine set of comparisons. Thanks for sharing. It looks like the delivery service has lost my Fergus - if push comes to shove, it seems worthwhile to acquire another one, it's such a splendid figure.
I saw your post in the 2022 thread. That is incredibly fustrating. I assume a refund is due and a follow up order?

SidB

Quote from: KeU on June 10, 2022, 05:00:28 AM
Quote from: SidB on June 10, 2022, 04:51:27 AMFine set of comparisons. Thanks for sharing. It looks like the delivery service has lost my Fergus - if push comes to shove, it seems worthwhile to acquire another one, it's such a splendid figure.
I saw your post in the 2022 thread. That is incredibly fustrating. I assume a refund is due and a follow up order?
Not quite, I wish. In one email, Aliwxpress acknowledged that the order was a "delivery failed." On the dispute judgement for a refund, they pronounced that there was "no refund ", because they said that the order was delivered. This was after three long conversations with their dispute department.

KeU

Quote from: SidB on June 10, 2022, 05:11:03 PMNot quite, I wish. In one email, Aliwxpress acknowledged that the order was a "delivery failed." On the dispute judgement for a refund, they pronounced that there was "no refund ", because they said that the order was delivered. This was after three long conversations with their dispute department.
What the heck.
Forcing the customer to pay because of circumstances outside of their control.
I hope they will refund ya.
I used to buy from Aliexpress for the earlier figures.
These days I go with Amazon since the prices are similar.
And Amazon has free prime shipping.

Concavenator

That Acrocanthosaurus is very nice. I definitely want it, but I can only hope it won't have a sloppy paintjob by the time I get around to it (which probably won't be very soon).

S @SidB that totally sucks. Will you still be getting this Acro?

Also, avatar_KeU @KeU

Quote from: KeU on June 10, 2022, 03:33:01 AMNow, did someone mention Suchomimus?

Check out this post by avatar_Faras @Faras

Quote from: Faras on May 26, 2022, 03:47:44 PMHmm I'd take Paleofiguras' rumours with a grain of salt, as I don't know if all info (namely ichthyosaur and plesiosaur in this case) came from trusted source.

Meanwhile the Chinese forum moderator who posed previous list wrote some stuffs in WeChat group:

Sauropods (no clue of the scales as he didn't ask)
Lingwulong
Suchomimus

Again, just *rumours* ;)

KeU

My first Rebor figure, and what a piece it is.

I think Rebor really hit the bullseye on this one.
This is pretty much the Tyrannosaurus that everyone was asking for.
Great sense of the power for the animal, peacefully striding along.
It just looks so majestic.

Sure the seams lines are distracting but they are not too bad in person.
Hopefully Rebor recognizes the demand and start producing more accurate Dinosaurs.

SidB

Interesting comparison size-wise with the Vitae Giga.

Halichoeres

Quote from: KeU on June 10, 2022, 03:33:01 AMNow, did someone mention Suchomimus?

Out of curiosity, what's your opinion on the figure that the Suchomimus rumor seems to have been based on?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

JohannesB

Quote from: KeU on June 10, 2022, 03:33:01 AMCareful alignment of the figure and camera positions here to better show how the proportions really look on hand.

Those proportions look nice. Did you use a 50mm lens? It is best suited for showing the real proportions, because it shows the world the same way as we see it with our own eye(s) (so without the distortion you get with wide angle or tele lenses). But you probably already know.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: