News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO new for 2017

Started by acro-man, January 10, 2017, 07:08:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon

Quote from: spinosaurus1 on January 26, 2017, 09:44:47 PM
The tyrannosaurus according to Simon is 15 inches. Which is the exact same length as the safari giganotosaurus. Not only making me doubt it's in 1:35 scale, but would likely dwarf the safari giganotosaurus visually speaking. I don't collect on a specific scale, I'm actually happy with getting large quality figures. But I can see this putting some people off.

I decided to get this peice eventually. The photos Simon posted looks significantly less over textured then the official pictures, which was honestly the only thing about the figure that was putting me off. Looks like a very well made scaly tyrannosaurus.

That's 15 inches measured right down the spine.  Otherwise its 14".  The tail is pretty long.  I am sure it would dwarf the Safari Giganotosaurus just because that was a more slender animal and from what I've seen, that is how its been sculpted.  But also this is a much more finely detailed model ...

Simon

Quote from: gnetum2015 on January 26, 2017, 09:13:21 PM
I hope I get my Wilson as soon as possible. Orderd one from Monsterhouse. Could arrive between February and March - we will see - I am really nervos. I plan to combine him with my new Giganotosaurus from Safari. Hope that they were in the same Scale.
I have the Kinto Triceratops too - it is the same model like the one from Simon, but not repainted - Simons Tric looks so great! But I have to do a little correction about the scale - Simons Kinto Tric is in 1/40, not in 1/35. The old Kinto version, the blue one is in 1/35.

You're right about the scale of this Kinto Triceratops, (Version 2.) But at 1/40 scale it is a depiction of very large, "trophy" animal.  At 1/35 scale it would represent a normal sized adult.  As you can see, it fits very well next to the 1/35 PNSO TRex.  So you can use it in both 1/40 and 1/35 scale displays interchangeably.

gnetum2015

Yes Simon, you are right - the kinto Trice looks very well with Wilson. I like the version 2 much more than version 1 - I think version 2 is also more accurate, and the pose is great - especially yours repainted model fits very well.

spinosaurus1

Quote from: Simon on January 26, 2017, 10:11:10 PM
Quote from: spinosaurus1 on January 26, 2017, 09:44:47 PM
The tyrannosaurus according to Simon is 15 inches. Which is the exact same length as the safari giganotosaurus. Not only making me doubt it's in 1:35 scale, but would likely dwarf the safari giganotosaurus visually speaking. I don't collect on a specific scale, I'm actually happy with getting large quality figures. But I can see this putting some people off.

I decided to get this peice eventually. The photos Simon posted looks significantly less over textured then the official pictures, which was honestly the only thing about the figure that was putting me off. Looks like a very well made scaly tyrannosaurus.

That's 15 inches measured right down the spine.  Otherwise its 14".  The tail is pretty long.  I am sure it would dwarf the Safari Giganotosaurus just because that was a more slender animal and from what I've seen, that is how its been sculpted.  But also this is a much more finely detailed model ...

The giganotosaurus measures 15 inches along the spine and 14 inches leniarly as well. It's already visibly dwarfed by the inch shorter safari Rex Givin it's very slight frame. Matter of fact, the figure can actually be viewed as too thin in comparison to giganotosaurus proportions. Esspecially around the chest , neck, and upper region of the belly section from the top view. It would without doubt be dwarfed by this tyrannosaurus.

Simon

Kinto Triceratops version 1 is Triceratops Horridus; 

Kinto Triceratops version 2 is a Triceratops Prorsus;  (A much cooler looking species to me - shorter frill, longer horns) ..

terrorchicken

Quote from: Loon on January 25, 2017, 06:34:38 PM
Quote from: terrorchicken on January 25, 2017, 06:22:24 PM
that t-rex looks really odd to me, I guess  I must be getting really used to seeing feathers on t-rex now. Is that by the same artist who painted the brown feathered t-rex art?

somebody please put a sweater on that chicken, poor thing.  :'(
Yeah, RJ Palmer did that are for some children's book where the publisher asked for the rex to be featherless. He also did a lot of work on the game, Saurian (which the feathered rex you refer to is from), and his art is featured on the Wikipedia page for tyrannosaurus.

thanks!  I really like his interpretation of a feathered Rex, except Id prefer more feathers on the tail. On another forum I read someone describe it as "bear-like" which I agree with.

As for the new PNSO Rex, its stunning! Id love to have it but its just too pricey! :P

sauroid

with the two high quality books and extras, i think the price is worth it.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

ceratopsian

Quote from: Simon on January 25, 2017, 07:43:56 PM
*SOLID* SOLID PVC PLASTIC.  HEAVY AS HECK!!!

Oh! Thanks for this info.  I had assumed it would be hollow and light.  I can certainly vouch for the technical quality and eye appeal of PNSO's books - the one I have is superb in terms of paper, binding and print quality.

spinosaurus1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA-xR0y6CLw

well this seals the deal. i'm getting this figure one way or another

Simon

Quote from: spinosaurus1 on January 30, 2017, 06:59:56 AM

well this seals the deal. i'm getting this figure one way or another

Nicely done video.  It does the model justice.  Its an awesome TRex any way you look at it.  I have it sitting between my keyboard and my large screen so I can look at it whenever I sit down to do some work.  Eye candy extraordinaire!!!

Silvanusaurus

I know it's wrong, but that video kind of sold me on their first large Tyrannosaurus. There's something in the sheer strangeness of it that gets me.

sauroid

is the creator of that video a member of this forum?
i thought there were two books in the box/package.
that T. rex is almost perfect imo (for a non-feathered one). my only nitpick, wish the part around the eyes wasnt darkened too much. that made it look "monstrous".
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Dobber

Yeah I'm sold too. I'm a T-Rex nut so I can't resist any longer. I already bought their first one so I can't let this one go. As for negatives that I can see...I agree that the darkening around the eyes is a bit extreme...seems to be another JP teqnique that won't go away.  :( The head also looks just a little narrow to my eye. Not horribly so but still noticeable to me. Still looks like a fantastic model over-all.  ^-^

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

tanystropheus

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on January 30, 2017, 10:36:10 AM
I know it's wrong, but that video kind of sold me on their first large Tyrannosaurus. There's something in the sheer strangeness of it that gets me.

Yeah, it's a peculiar model, strange art style, not entirely retro. It looks better in the video than the stills.

I think the guy in the video is missing the Triceratops...

I hope PNSO releases more stegosaurids; its definitely their strong point. It would be nice if they can re-release their exclusives (e.g. Mamenshi, etc.) with different cost-effective materials (PVC or resin) and perhaps, in 1/35.  PNSO has the potential to make a pretty badarse Elasmosaurus, Shonisaurus or Pliosaurus.

BlueKrono

Quote from: tanystropheus on January 30, 2017, 02:47:25 PM

Yeah, it's a peculiar model, strange art style, not entirely retro. It looks better in the video than the stills.

I hope PNSO releases more stegosaurids; its definitely their strong point. It would be nice if they can re-release their exclusives (e.g. Mamenshi, etc.) with different cost-effective materials (PVC or resin) and perhaps, in 1/35.  PNSO has the potential to make a pretty badarse Elasmosaurus, Shonisaurus or Pliosaurus.

YES PLEASE.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Killekor

Quote from: BlueKrono on January 30, 2017, 02:57:21 PM
Quote from: tanystropheus on January 30, 2017, 02:47:25 PM

YES PLEASE.

a YES PLEASE!!! from me too!!!

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

DinoLord

I was on the fence before (already have enough nice scaly T. rex figures) but that video convinced me.

ceratopsian

I too have a heartfelt wish that they issue some more stegosaurs - they are PNSO's strong suit!

Simon

Quote from: sauroid on January 30, 2017, 11:15:50 AM
is the creator of that video a member of this forum?
i thought there were two books in the box/package.
that T. rex is almost perfect imo (for a non-feathered one). my only nitpick, wish the part around the eyes wasnt darkened too much. that made it look "monstrous".

I'll chime in since I realize I started the "two books thing".  When I got my PNSO TRex last week, I noticed that an English language version of the big glossy book had been placed on top of the outside of the box, then wrapped onto it by cellophane.

When I opened the box, the Chinese version of the book was inside.

So it looks to me that the person who was fullfiling my order added the English book because he/she realized that my package had the Chinese book inside.  My guess would be that if the English book was on the inside, that is all I would have received. Probably they intend to have both variants, depending on where the box is being shipped.

So my guess would be that sending two books was an exception in my case, because they realized that the package they were sending had the wrong language book for my country.

Just a guess.

RobinGoodfellow

I really like the strange and retro look of the PNSO "big" Tyrannosaurus too..  ;)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: