News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO new for 2017

Started by acro-man, January 10, 2017, 07:08:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Quote from: sauroid on May 13, 2017, 10:59:29 AM
i just want them to stay in business for a very long time

With the quality of their figures, my greatest desire is that they stay forever and that even better their figures and being the largest toy company of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals in the world in quality, quantity and accuracy paleontological and paleoartística.

Good companies should never disappear, and this is the case with the PNSO. Hopefully it will be marketed in all stores not only online but globally.

Takama

Via Facebook

Yangchuanosaurus

Tsintaosaurus

Huyangosaurus?

Gigantoraptor

Microraptor

Mamenchisaurus

Sinosauroptyryx

Jose S.M.

Those are the small ones right? they look so detailed.

tanystropheus

They look like Minis except the Yangchuanosaurus.

Lanthanotus

Marvelous, thanks for posting them.

DinoToyForum

Four of those species will be displayed in the Dinosaurs of China exhibition I'm curating. We will sell PNSO stock in our museum shop and intend to have these new figures, so long as they're available in time.

ceratopsian

I'm crossing my fingers and toes!

Minmiminime

Excellent! I very much doubt I'll be able to resist ;D
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

ceratopsian

Quote from: Jose_S.M. on May 13, 2017, 11:40:08 PM
Those are the small ones right? they look so detailed.

Definitely small.  I tracked down a blurry image on Facebook showing them with Mr Zhao and also with the big Chungkingosaurus in the foreground to give some scale.

Shonisaurus

The gigantoraptor reminds me of the Kaiyodo model.

modelnut

I know of a few paleontologists that this picture would absolutely push over the edge. "WHAT? They did not have dorsal fins! And they definitely did not have shark tail fins. That was ONE fossil and it was a juvenile!"  >:(

- Leelan

modelnut

And I just got a big lecture for posting something like this just a few days ago.  :-\

Look. I know it was a trope started by Disney. I know it probably never happened. Yeah yeah. Geez . . .

Still. It's a cool image.  8)

- Leelan

BlueKrono

Quote from: Shonisaurus on May 14, 2017, 09:29:02 AM

So does the Sinosauropteryx.

Also, that Tsintao is boss! Could the crest have really looked like that? It's different that any other reconstruction I've seen.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Silvanusaurus

I know these are mini figures, but are they as mini as the previous set? If so, they've taken an impressive step upwards in detail. I'm definitely coming to the Nottingham exhibition, but it may be about a month into it, I just hope any PNSO's available there wont have sold out by the time I do.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: BlueKrono on May 14, 2017, 01:32:24 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on May 14, 2017, 09:29:02 AM

So does the Sinosauropteryx.

Also, that Tsintao is boss! Could the crest have really looked like that? It's different that any other reconstruction I've seen.

The tsintaosaurus reminds me a lot of Collecta.

stargatedalek

Quote from: modelnut on May 14, 2017, 12:53:18 PM
I know of a few paleontologists that this picture would absolutely push over the edge. "WHAT? They did not have dorsal fins! And they definitely did not have shark tail fins. That was ONE fossil and it was a juvenile!"  >:(

- Leelan
They absolutely did have tail fins, all of them, even as adults. People "in the know" have been on board with a tail fin in some form since long before the fossil showed up.

ceratopsian

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on May 14, 2017, 04:14:42 PM
I know these are mini figures, but are they as mini as the previous set? If so, they've taken an impressive step upwards in detail. I'm definitely coming to the Nottingham exhibition, but it may be about a month into it, I just hope any PNSO's available there wont have sold out by the time I do.

Here's the blurry photo from Facebook I mentioned - I had a bit more time now to go through the laborious process of copying it over.  They look small - hard to be sure if a bit bigger or not than the previous minis.  Perhaps a bit bigger?

Nottingham: I'm booked for the first day and my worry was that whatever PNSO models were intended for the shop won't have arrived in time!  But I'll probably go again later in the run, as an old friend wants to go with me.

DinoToyForum

If the PNSOs sell *that* well, the shop will probably order more. In addition to the toys, I understand PNSO books, postcards and posters, will also be available.

ceratopsian

Quote from: dinotoyforum on May 14, 2017, 06:30:08 PM
...... I'm definitely coming to the Nottingham exhibition, but it may be about a month into it, I just hope any PNSO's available there wont have sold out by the time I do.

If the PNSOs sell *that* well, the shop will probably order more. In addition to the toys, I understand PNSO books, postcards and posters, will also be available.

Thank you!  I like their booklets of postcards, so might find something new.

ITdactyl

...must...have...that...microraptor....and...that...mamenchisaurus....

I wonder why they went for the old rendition of the Tsintaosaurus crest though.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: