News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO new for 2017

Started by acro-man, January 10, 2017, 07:08:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stargatedalek

Quote from: ITdactyl on May 15, 2017, 01:52:47 AM
...must...have...that...microraptor....and...that...mamenchisaurus....

I wonder why they went for the old rendition of the Tsintaosaurus crest though.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I could have sworn the "phallic" interpretation of the crest shape was more or less disproven in favour of this more conservative appearance?

ITdactyl

Quote from: stargatedalek on May 15, 2017, 02:08:14 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but I could have sworn the "phallic" interpretation of the crest shape was more or less disproven in favour of this more conservative appearance?

That's exactly what I meant.  But the new toy still has the forward pointing spike.  Just with more fleshy bits. 

Isn't Tsintaosaurus supposed to have a round version of Olorotitan's crest (or something similar to that)?

Halichoeres

The crest of Tsintaosaurus is still a matter of some speculation, but Alberto Prieto-Márquez (http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0082268) believes the holotype was broken, and by adding in a fragment of the holotype that wasn't included in the original description, he interpolated the missing parts to produce a "lobate" crest:

There could be any amount of soft tissue elaboration, but this is the osteological arrangement that I find most convincing.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

Unfortunately the dinosaur "unicorn" is a myth that dinosaur companies should refuse the tsintaosaurus from my humble point of view was not as spectacular as we imagined years ago and it urged on the part of the toy companies to change their appearance as happened with The spinosaurus and the deinocheirus and in this PNSO is for me one of its outstanding matters.

On the other hand although it does not have the horn similar to the tsitaosaurus of Collecta I maintain that in a certain way it has a certain similarity without ceasing to be a good figure.

acro-man

One of the Tieba members DRVSVS bought Mamenchi from Shanghai Headpost Office
It appears this model is published by China National Philatelic Corporation as an affiliation to the stamps.
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/5135819138
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

Bucklander

So are these available for purchase? And if so, are you able to purchase them? And if so, are you willing/offering to puchase them for us? And if so, how much are they? (Acro) Man, I want one! Sending you a PM.   

Blade-of-the-Moon

hmm not as huge as I thought it was..still not bad.

ceratopsian

Quote from: Bucklander on May 30, 2017, 07:28:02 AM
So are these available for purchase? And if so, are you able to purchase them? And if so, are you willing/offering to puchase them for us? And if so, how much are they? (Acro) Man, I want one! Sending you a PM.   

I too would be interested if feasible.  Goodness - don't PNSO keep things close to their chest!  It would be so much easier if they announced the release of models.

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Jose S.M.

Not being that big it's good for me, I like that size, it looks long, longer than the Carnegie Diplodocus maybe??

ceratopsian

Quote from: Jose_S.M. on May 30, 2017, 01:46:41 PM
Not being that big it's good for me, I like that size....

I'm in full agreement there!  I can't accommodate too many super-sized models.

Takama

I would like to know what Species of Mamencisaurus it represents

Shonisaurus

Quote from: sauroid on May 30, 2017, 08:27:47 AM
is it resin or PVC?

From what they say in one of their messages the coating is PVC.

Halichoeres

Perfect size for me. I'm definitely going to want one of these when they're available.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Patrx

Am I imagining things, or does that Mamenchisaurus have manual claws? That would be a strange mistake for a company like PNSO.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Patrx on May 30, 2017, 09:31:57 PM
Am I imagining things, or does that Mamenchisaurus have manual claws? That would be a strange mistake for a company like PNSO.

I can't tell from these photos, but maybe. I don't think it would be that strange; I feel like lots of their dinosaurs have some small thing wrong with them.

acro-man

Correction: the stamps are an affiliation to the model, not the contrary.

Price: $45
Material: PVC
Size: said to be smaller than PAPO Apatosaurus
Manuel claw: unknown
Species: unknown
Availability: only in designated post offices.
6 NEW minis: also spotted in designated post offices, with even poorer value.

Currently not available online, one will have to wait til Taobao stock them.
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

ceratopsian

Thanks for the info, acro-man.

ceratopsian

P.S. - I guess the million dollar question is what have the Wollaton Hall sales people ordered for the Dinosaurs of China exhibition in Nottingham!

Shonisaurus

Smaller than apatosaurus Papo? This is going to be a figure that I will surely buy. Thanks for the additional info acro-man  ;)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: