News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna's future models form

Started by Eofauna, January 10, 2017, 08:42:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

I sincerely like all types of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals in general but especially I like dark species, ie figures that have not been made before in the world of dinosaurs and toy animals I understand that it is delayed to make dinosaurs or animals Prehistoric or previously made or are very common. I believe that figures of prehistoric animals (including dinosaurs here) can be made avant-garde and can be accepted by both collectors and children in general.

I like that the models are made of a plastic inside which it fits softly to avoid breaks and abrasions, in short, resistant. And above all I like scientific models and do not have articulated body parts or removable parts.

Anyway I have already filled out and sent the questionnaire.

Faelrin

I answered it. Looking forward to see what kind of figures are made. If there was one figure I could ask your company to make (or any company really) it would be Tiktaalik and such. I feel like that and its relatives are really neglected, probably due to being from the Paleozoic period, etc. Anyways good luck.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

MLMjp

Done.

I suggested them a Brachiosaurs altithorax, ornithopods and feathered species.

Megalosaurus

Welcome Eofauna.
I'm all for the Triassic creatures, and creatures that lived alongside the dinosaurs.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Halichoeres

Welcome, Eofauna! Thank you for this opportunity to give you some input and feedback. I myself am most interested in the Paleozoic and Mesozoic, especially animals that haven't been made very often: fishes, amphibians, small reptiles, mammals and their relatives, enantiornithine and other primitive birds, etc.

I'm very excited to see what you come up with!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Reptilia

Submitted my answers, hope to hear about Eofauna very soon.

Eofauna

Hi!

Thank you so much for your collaboration!. We've received plenty of responses from you :-)

Also, thanks for detailed (especially Tyto_Theropod) comments posted in the forum, very appreciated. You preferences are certainly variable!

We will continue asking more people through other sites.

Thanks again,

Future news, will be posted in DTB.

Best!

Takama

I just want to say that I am a stickler for all species to be in the same scale. including tiny ones.

I also want to say that there are some species that i feel are obligatory in a Toyline while others are interchangeable to a degree.

I feel every collection needs the following

T.Rex
Apatosaurus/Brontosaurus
Brachiosaurus
Allosaurus
Stegosaurus
Triceratops
Velociraptor/Deinonychus
Parasaurolophus

After these are made, you can make some obscuritys

Flaffy

For me, one or two from this list is fine, but if the line can progress only after these models are made, it would be mildly frustrating to me.
My suggestion is that Eofauna can release an iconic well known creature along with an obscurity by each wave, iconic creatures can kickstart the line, while the obscurities can be for collectors.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on January 12, 2017, 08:21:45 AM
For me, one or two from this list is fine, but if the line can progress only after these models are made, it would be mildly frustrating to me.
My suggestion is that Eofauna can release an iconic well known creature along with an obscurity by each wave, iconic creatures can kickstart the line, while the obscurities can be for collectors.

That would be great to release a dark and a classic figure. This would satisfy the demands of all types of buyers and collectors.

Killekor

First of all: Welcome!!!

my preferences will be:

Sinornithosaurus
Tanystropheus
Epidexipteryx

And other animals like this.

You have collaborated with REBOR to do the Lourhinanosaurus embryonic skeleton "Bony Bonnie", real?

Kilekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Archinto

Permian fauna. That is all....  ;D

Please make permian animals...  ^-^
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

Takama

One thing i want to stress (that others might not want) is Try to avoid Fragmentary species.

One company released a Dinosaur that was only known from a pair of Giant arms for quite a while. However, a year after it was released, it was rendered inaccurate due to new discovery's.  And the Model was very far from the truth that was layed out from the fossils.

I also wish for you to avoid Dubious species, and species that are not fully described.

Flaffy

Anything Permian, except for dimetrodon, too many dimetrodon figures already.

Reptilia

Quote from: Takama on January 12, 2017, 08:16:03 AM

T.Rex
Apatosaurus/Brontosaurus
Brachiosaurus
Allosaurus
Stegosaurus
Triceratops
Velociraptor/Deinonychus
Parasaurolophus

Classics are fine, but there are plenty of poorly represented species. My wish would be for a line fully dedicated to said species, less focused on dinosaurs and more on other groups like pelycosaurs, gorgonopsids, marine reptiles, prehistoric mammals, terror birds, sharks, crocodiles and so on. We already have enough t-rexes, trikes, stegos etc. Give the priority to others.

sauroid

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on January 13, 2017, 12:32:53 AM
Anything Permian, except for dimetrodon, too many dimetrodon figures already.

we also badly need another Edaphosaurus. the Bullyland one is so lonely on our shelves...

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Tyto_Theropod

Quote from: Reptilia on January 13, 2017, 12:40:09 AM
Quote from: Takama on January 12, 2017, 08:16:03 AM

T.Rex
Apatosaurus/Brontosaurus
Brachiosaurus
Allosaurus
Stegosaurus
Triceratops
Velociraptor/Deinonychus
Parasaurolophus

Classics are fine, but there are plenty of poorly represented species. My wish would be for a line fully dedicated to said species, less focused on dinosaurs and more on other groups like pelycosaurs, gorgonopsids, marine reptiles, prehistoric mammals, terror birds, sharks, crocodiles and so on. We already have enough t-rexes, trikes, stegos etc. Give the priority to others.

Agreed. Not every species that has little or not representation on the toy market is dubious or fragmentary. Take Linheraptor, Thescelosaurus or Avaceratops, to name but a few Cretaceous examples. I can respect that some people will like to see the familiar and much-loved species, but much as I love my growing Velociraptor pack and Parasaurolophus hered, I have to say I'm kind of tired of our friends Stegosaurus, Tyrannosaurus and Triceratops... And we haven't even got into non-dinosaur prehistoric animals.
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

terrorchicken

filled this out a while back...mammals, mammals, mammals! and non-dino birds too.  O:-)

Pachyallosaurus

So someday these models could be made for sale in the same way that Safari Ltd. and other companies sell them? What I mean is: Are these going to be made closer to the $20 range, or are they going to be expensive diorama-type models?

Zhuchengotyrant

Hey, the link isn't working so I'll post a few wants here:
Rubeosaurus
Albertaceratops
Centrosaurus
Mononykus
-Zhuchengotyrant

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: