News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Corrupt a wish

Started by Soopairik, January 16, 2017, 08:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on February 07, 2017, 07:46:21 AM

I wish I could have any Dinosaur figure I wanted for free, at any time I choose.

Granted, but the instant gratification takes all the joy out of collecting. In a fit of despair, you burn all your figures on a bonfire.

I wish I could commandeer the sensory inputs of other organisms.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Megalosaurus

Quote from: Halichoeres on February 07, 2017, 05:43:02 PM
[...]
I wish I could commandeer the sensory inputs of other organisms.

Granted. But you lose every of your sensory inputs, so you can't see, hear, smell, taste nor feel anything.

The following is a REAL wish that I had when I first meet the triops.
I wish to find trilobite eggs in stasis in dryied sedmients, and hatch them so all humans can watch them alive.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

stargatedalek

Granted, they take over the world and enslave humanity.

I wish for Monster Hunter X.

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: stargatedalek on February 07, 2017, 07:45:04 PM

Granted, but it is banned in every country other than Albania, and possession of it brings the penality of death by drowning in vinegar.

I wish I could never get sick in any way.

Soopairik

Granted, but all the dinosaur figures must be over 10 meters long.

I wish I had a mechanical Triceratops in my backyard.

alexeratops

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on February 07, 2017, 09:35:26 PM
Quote from: stargatedalek on February 07, 2017, 07:45:04 PM

Granted, but it is banned in every country other than Albania, and possession of it brings the penality of death by drowning in vinegar.

I wish I could never get sick in any way.

Granted, but everybody else you value gets a nasty case of the flu for two months.

I wish I had a completely tame, docile, and friendly Velociraptor that would not attack me or my friends.
like a bantha!

PumperKrickel

deleted

Halichoeres

Quote from: Soup on February 08, 2017, 12:05:13 AM

I wish I had a mechanical Triceratops in my backyard.

Granted, but the builder failed to use any galvanized metal, and after the first rain it is a heap of rust.

Quote from: SuperiorSpider on February 08, 2017, 04:01:05 AM

I wish the sky was green instead of blue.

Granted, but it's because the atmosphere is helium and after a few entertaining seconds of high pitched screaming, you are dead.

(PS that was a good corruption of alexeratops' wish)

(PPS I have zero idea what color a helium sky would be)

I wish my coat adapted itself to any kind of weather and coordinated itself with whatever else I'm wearing.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Soopairik

Granted, but the coat is way too small for you.

I wish I could jump 50 feet in the air, then land without getting hurt.

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: Soup on February 08, 2017, 04:13:51 AM
Granted, but the coat is way too small for you.

I wish I could jump 50 feet in the air, then land without getting hurt.

Granted, but it means you have to have giant frog legs to do so, and you are soon hunted down and captured by scientists intent upon dissecting and studying those legs, and then selling the flesh as a delicacy in France.

I wish I had a magic oven that could instantly produce any hot meal that I want instantly, and the meals are delicious and cooked perfectly without fail.

CityRaptor

Granted, but it only works because you are a magical unicorn in a land of talking horses where no one ever has heard of dinosaurs.

I wish Schleich made use of their Marvel license to make a Devil Dinosaur figure.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Megalosaurus

Quote from: CityRaptor on February 08, 2017, 10:02:32 AM
[...]
I wish Schleich made use of their Marvel license to make a Devil Dinosaur figure.

Granted:

But it costs as much as 3 discontinued sideshow statues + a Battat diplodocus.

I wish a Pistachio tree in my house giving delicious healty pistachios all the year.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

stargatedalek

Granted, the root system makes your house unstable and it's condemned immediately.

I wish driving was easier.

BlueKrono

Granted, self-driving cars take all the complication out of driving. In fact automation takes all the complexity and effort out of everything, and we all end up looking like the people from Wall-E.

I wish I could visit Tierra del Fuego in Argentina.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Halichoeres

Quote from: BlueKrono on February 08, 2017, 05:32:25 PM

I wish I could visit Tierra del Fuego in Argentina.

Granted, but it's as the resident of a new penal colony run by a sadist.

I wish I had a ray gun that caused anyone I pointed it at to urgently need a bathroom, so that I would never have to stand in line again.

Soopairik

Granted, but you can only use it when you're in line for a restroom.

I wish to have infinite amounts of not corrupt wishes. 

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: Soup on February 09, 2017, 12:26:01 AM
Granted, but you can only use it when you're in line for a restroom.

I wish to have infinite amounts of not corrupt wishes.

Granted, but the infinite wishes have to all be the same; wishing that you could eat an apple. Which is all well and good, but it's a bit boring, especially ad infinitum.

I wish I had two green towels.

alexeratops

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on February 09, 2017, 01:28:32 AM

I wish I had two green towels.

Granted, but when you wash them all of the dye washes out, staining your clothes.

I wish the dinosaurs never went extinct and the humans never existed because of it.
like a bantha!

Halichoeres

Quote from: alexeratops on February 09, 2017, 03:37:51 AM

I wish the dinosaurs never went extinct and the humans never existed because of it.

Granted. Instead, around what would otherwise have been the Oligocene, a species of enantiornithine birds  (but they call themselves "Canonornithines" ["normal birds"], because the Neoaves are obviously the opposite ones in this scenario) undergoes an industrial revolution, ushering in an age of extinction that wipes out the last synapsids. Their geologists dub the age the "Canonornithocene."

I wish for a new pair of shoes.

Soopairik

Granted, but you have to give up all your socks for it, and buy new socks.

I wish I can make it rain apple cider.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: