News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

GODZILLA: KING OF THE MONSTERS

Started by dragon53, January 30, 2017, 04:42:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexeratops

The Rodan and Ghidorah designs are not necessarily surprising, but they're still very cool looking. Wish I could afford these.
They definitely took some creative liberty with Mothra, which isn't exactly a bad thing.
Spoiler
[close]
I like the route they took. Rodan and Ghidorah are pretty straightforward when it comes to designing them in the Legendary style, so making Mothra seem menacing and animalistic is quite the jump. I like that they gave her similar leg structure to the MUTOs, showing that they're related.
like a bantha!

Blade-of-the-Moon

I liked that when I saw the Mothra design I didn't automatically think " MUTO " lol  It was different enough and reminds me of Battra or the later Mothra designs like in Rebirth.

Appalachiosaurus

Quote from: alexeratops on December 02, 2018, 04:01:48 AM
The Rodan and Ghidorah designs are not necessarily surprising, but they're still very cool looking. Wish I could afford these.
They definitely took some creative liberty with Mothra, which isn't exactly a bad thing.
Spoiler
[close]
I like the route they took. Rodan and Ghidorah are pretty straightforward when it comes to designing them in the Legendary style, so making Mothra seem menacing and animalistic is quite the jump. I like that they gave her similar leg structure to the MUTOs, showing that they're related.

I'm not sure I like it, having the back legs attached to the abdomen instead the thorax like the first four gives her a weird hourglass figure, which creates the uncomfortable possibility that someone in Legendary sent a memo with the words "make Mothra sexier" on it.

alexeratops

Quote from: Appalachiosaurus on December 03, 2018, 01:25:05 AM
Quote from: alexeratops on December 02, 2018, 04:01:48 AM
Spoiler
[close]

I'm not sure I like it, having the back legs attached to the abdomen instead the thorax like the first four gives her a weird hourglass figure, which creates the uncomfortable possibility that someone in Legendary sent a memo with the words "make Mothra sexier" on it.

I couldn't find a good snip from the actual movie, but you get the idea.
They were probably trying to highlight the fact that the giant insects in this universe are related, as the MUTOs share a similar limb structure.
like a bantha!

stargatedalek

Are the back legs coming off of the abdomen or are the front legs coming off of the head? It looks to me more like mothra has an extra body segment (and/or a weird head).

Appalachiosaurus

Quote from: stargatedalek on December 03, 2018, 03:32:32 AM
Are the back legs coming off of the abdomen or are the front legs coming off of the head? It looks to me more like mothra has an extra body segment (and/or a weird head).

It's more apparent from the back:

She also looks more like a wasp than a moth.

CityRaptor

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Dilopho

I really love all four of them.

Actually, this Mothra is really similar to the speculative one I drew a few months ago:

alexeratops

By the looks of it, Mothra will be glowing for a large portion of the movie anyway, so I don't believe that her Battra-esque colors will be as prominent.
like a bantha!

dragon53

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Patrx on December 02, 2018, 01:13:06 AM
These designs look great to me! Here's hoping the movie will actually be good. I rarely dislike any film as much as I disliked the last one.
the last one was epic if for no other reason than watching captain marvel....nick fury and Loki interact  with kong
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

dragon53

New photo from the movie shows Godzilla encountering a submarine.

dragon53

New trailer released for the sequel.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDnKuFtdc7A&t=3s

MLMjp

It may have shown a little bit too much of the monsters but... OMG THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!
:o :o :o

Blade-of-the-Moon

Def epic!  I'm liking what I'm seeing on all counts so far.

CityRaptor

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

ITdactyl

those 2 seconds of Mothra swooping down on something... your left brain goes: "eeee, fighting butterfly"... and your right goes: "WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

The way Big G rushed to the fight.... "LEG DAY! SPARTAAAAAA!!!!!"

something tells me M and R would just be plot devices to damage King G's wings so the battle with big G will be more ground based.  I hope I'm wrong.

I feel 2 decades younger already....

alexeratops

There was a shot of what looked like Burning Godzilla.
Theory: The final shot is not the climax. Godzilla and Ghidorah fight, Godzilla loses and retreats and falls in that flaming temple looking thing. He becomes Burning Godzilla somehow, and returns to kill Ghidorah, this time with Mothra and Rodan on his back.
We'll see. But this trailer looks amazing.
like a bantha!

Blade-of-the-Moon

I assumed that the plot is based either on Ghidrah the three headed monster or Destroy All Monsters at least in part. My guess from the start was that the Big G was going to need his crew to back him up. 

dragon53

Lengthy analysis of 30 points and secrets in the trailer.

Link: https://screenrant.com/godzilla-trailer-2-breakdown-secrets/

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: