News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

GODZILLA: KING OF THE MONSTERS

Started by dragon53, January 30, 2017, 04:42:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Fembrogon on February 23, 2019, 10:53:28 PM
^I think it's been confirmed the mystery kaiju are brand new.

As for the NECA Ghidorah controversy... First off, I think communication has been poor on the company's/Randy's part. It's possible something happened, like: NECA intended to do all of the monsters, only to discover that Ghidorah would be much more difficult to do within their desired price range. However, this hasn't been communicated clearly, so fans are getting confused and frustrated, and Randy keeps responding to everything on Twitter in a manner that just exacerbates the situation.

As to WHY Ghidorah is a problem... NECA has done big figures before (their Pacific Rim kaiju got pretty large), but maybe the level of articulation needed for Ghidorah asked the cost. NECA also tries to make the most of their sculpts, and if they feel they can't get any reuse out of Ghidorah, that might make return profit more difficult too.

I just can't see not trying to make him at all. He's the big ( literally) villain if the film.  If I were buying the line to recreate scenes from the film it would really hurt not to have him, possibly to the point I would not pick up the others. I can see that viewpoint.

alexeratops

Personally, because of Ghidorah's importance, I wouldn't mind spending a significantly higher amount of money for the MonsterArts version of Ghidorah, as opposed to a cheaper but undoubtedly lower-quality Neca one. Don't get me wrong, I love Neca's stuff and will probably be buying their Mothra and Rodan, I would want my Ghidorah to be high class as possible.

Also, the director confirmed that any Titans besides the main four are originals.
The Rodan/Ghidorah aerial fight looks amazing. Director has stated that Rodan was always his favorite because he seemed like an underdog, and that he'd have his time to shine in this movie. Everyone thinks Ghidorah will win easily but personally I believe that people will be surprised with what Rodan can do.
like a bantha!

Dilopho

Well, I picked up the larger Godzilla figure by jakks today.
Very cool apart from some screwholes, but they aren't that noticeable.

I'd get the little city destruction Ghidorah, but I just can't see the point in a Ghidorah that doesn't have bendy necks.

Fembrogon

Quote from: alexeratops on February 24, 2019, 06:38:55 AM
The Rodan/Ghidorah aerial fight looks amazing. Director has stated that Rodan was always his favorite because he seemed like an underdog, and that he'd have his time to shine in this movie. Everyone thinks Ghidorah will win easily but personally I believe that people will be surprised with what Rodan can do.
Rodan has always been my favorite giant monster, and I can't even explain why; but for sure he's a tenacious one. Back in 1964 he went toe-to-toe with Godzilla effortlessly, and even body-slammed Ghidorah out of the sky.

Brocc21

Not entirely related but I'd like if you watched (sorry if I sound like a mumbling teenager)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P8Hho_9QNo&t=182s
"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

dragon53

New photos released.

MLMjp

alexeratops

Quote from: MLMjp on March 06, 2019, 09:42:55 PM
Man, I love King Ghidorah.

I think he's gonna become pretty iconic as a movie monster. Like Smaug, but better
like a bantha!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: alexeratops on March 06, 2019, 11:59:40 PM

I think he's gonna become pretty iconic as a movie monster. Like Smaug, but better

He's not already?

alexeratops

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 07, 2019, 12:38:47 AM
Quote from: alexeratops on March 06, 2019, 11:59:40 PM

He's not already?

Sadly not to the general public. To us, probably, but now it'll finally get out to all the people that have only ever heard of Godzilla, King Kong, and maybe Mothra!
like a bantha!

triceratops83

Godzilla merchandise is starting to show up, so far from British sources on Ebay. Type in "Godzilla Jakks" in Ebay.

This seller has most of the range - the link is to the 60cm tall one.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Godzilla-Action-Figure-60cm-Toy-Jakks-King-of-Monsters-Movie-BRAND-NEW-In-Stock/323724663794?hash=item4b5f7e5bf2:g:XwAAAOSwOylcdGJR
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

dragon53

dragon53

Brocc21

Would you look at that Rodan got clocked.
"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

Fembrogon

^Let's not count him out yet! Rodan has a history of being tenacious.

dragon53

GODZILLA: KING OF THE MONSTERS---director Michael Dougherty said he has been a Godzilla fan since childhood and commented on the sequel, "I hesitate to say it, but I would call (my movie) the ALIENS to Gareth's [Edwards] ALIEN."
He added, "If you compare ALIEN, which is a very straight science fiction film with not a lot of yucks, compared to ALIENS which sort of had a bit more fun, tongue-in-cheek moments, we're somewhere in the middle there."

dragon53

GODZILLA: KING OF THE MONSTERS---more details about the sequel include Monarch's Dr. Emma Russell (Vera Farmiga) and her daughter (Millie Bobby Brown) being kidnapped by a terrorist organization which wants the Orca, Dr. Russell's invention that allows limited communication and control of the monsters. Producer Alex Garcia said, "[Monarch believes] that the mercenary group may be there and a whole chase ensues with Rodan, which is a really great sequence Mike [director Mike Dougherty] has come up with in the movie. The Monarch crew is in a craft they have called the Argo. Part of it is how do we do things with these creatures that we've not seen before, and just the idea of an aerial chase between this thing and all of these crafts is super exciting."

MLMjp

D @dragon53I think you should start using the spoiler format when posting news about the movie. Me personally I already know that and I don't think that the information here is too relevant to be a spoiler, but some people might prefer to stay way from more reveals.

dragon53

MLMJP:

I've been posting Movie/TV News on other forums for over a decade and the policy I use is to post a spoiler alert if the original article contains a spoiler alert.
Otherwise, almost any news about movies is a spoiler to one degree or another.
The original article I used for this post did not have a spoiler alert, so I did not have one either.

dragon53

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: