News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

GODZILLA: KING OF THE MONSTERS

Started by dragon53, January 30, 2017, 04:42:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brocc21

I take back what I said about Rodan getting clocked. He's riding Gidorah.
"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

Appalachiosaurus

Hmmm, I wonder what the symbolism is here? I can't quite put my finger on it. /s

Still a cool shot though. I doubt the actual story will be much but at least the film will look great.

Brocc21

Quote from: Appalachiosaurus on March 29, 2019, 04:51:38 AM
Hmmm, I wonder what the symbolism is here? I can't quite put my finger on it. /s

Still a cool shot though. I doubt the actual story will be much but at least the film will look great.

The devil really does have three heads. I don't think I'll watch the next trailer. This one had a bit too much in it.

dragon53

dragon53

MLMjp

I want to watch it but I won't. I have already seen enough.

Brocc21

Remember when I said I won't watch anymore stuff to avoid spoiling? Well I lied to my self. But I can say it looks great!

MLMjp

It does not matter that I don't watch any more Tv spots and trailers, cause Youtube thumbnails, Instagram and Pinterest will still spoil me some shots. And of course my mind will instantly try to guess were it fits, thus revealing more of the movie.

Dilopho

To sum up my thoughts on this movie:

I am unbelievably stoked about it.
- Best Godzilla design is even better.
- Three favourite monsters return.
- It's all being done by people who love Godzilla.
- Godzilla's a hero in it.
- It treats Godzilla with the genuine, fear-based respect that he should have, while at the same time, the humans are going to be his minions and actually work together WITH him instead of around him.

It's allll i've wanted from a Godzilla movie since I saw my first one back in the mid 2000's (the 1998 one, which is a shoddy zilla movie but a great movie nonetheless, especially the last act which is just completely nuts. I love the Madison Square Garden sequence.)

I also feel like this is going to be the grandest Godzilla movie ever, not counting the "evil godzilla" movies (Gojira, Gigantis/Godzilla returns or whatever it's called, 1984, Shin Godzilla etc).
By that, I mean it's finally a  film that represent all the good aspects of Godzilla, but in a big enough fashion that you can actually show it off and represent Godzilla with.
There's a lot of good ones out there, but I've found that for all of them except 2014, I've had to tell my family to suspend their belief a little and look past the effects and dubbing and such. This one has none of that.

It also looks gorgeous, the cgi isn't exactly Fallen Kingdom level in my opinion but the colour use is unreal. As I'm going through art college (almost at my third year) I can tell you that it's using everything i've learned to make itself look amazing instead of resorting to cheapo gradients and filters like superhero movies do.

aaah...I'm just so proud of Godzilla right now.

Brocc21

Quote from: Dilopho on April 28, 2019, 03:54:02 PM
To sum up my thoughts on this movie:

I am unbelievably stoked about it.
- Best Godzilla design is even better.
- Three favourite monsters return.
- It's all being done by people who love Godzilla.
- Godzilla's a hero in it.
- It treats Godzilla with the genuine, fear-based respect that he should have, while at the same time, the humans are going to be his minions and actually work together WITH him instead of around him.

It's allll i've wanted from a Godzilla movie since I saw my first one back in the mid 2000's (the 1998 one, which is a shoddy zilla movie but a great movie nonetheless, especially the last act which is just completely nuts. I love the Madison Square Garden sequence.)

I also feel like this is going to be the grandest Godzilla movie ever, not counting the "evil godzilla" movies (Gojira, Gigantis/Godzilla returns or whatever it's called, 1984, Shin Godzilla etc).
By that, I mean it's finally a  film that represent all the good aspects of Godzilla, but in a big enough fashion that you can actually show it off and represent Godzilla with.
There's a lot of good ones out there, but I've found that for all of them except 2014, I've had to tell my family to suspend their belief a little and look past the effects and dubbing and such. This one has none of that.

It also looks gorgeous, the cgi isn't exactly Fallen Kingdom level in my opinion but the colour use is unreal. As I'm going through art college (almost at my third year) I can tell you that it's using everything i've learned to make itself look amazing instead of resorting to cheapo gradients and filters like superhero movies do.

aaah...I'm just so proud of Godzilla right now.

I couldn't agree more.

Dilopho

watch out guys
It's best to ignore any TV spots as one of them contains a massive spoiler regarding mothra and godzilla  :o

MLMjp

Event tough I´ve been avoiding TV spots, from what I heard each ones that comes out is more spoilery than the one before.
Did they hired the marketing/publicity team behind Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom? Do they want us NOT to be surprised when the movie comes out?
I know they need to really push this movie, but there are better ways to do it than spoiling the whole thing.

Dilopho

I'm gonna say that I do know the plot details now from another forum and  I can say that they haven't really revealed everything, you still have a lot to look forward to.

But seriously, do not watch those darn tv spots.  :o I can't believe they'd show that!!

Takama

Quote from: Dilopho on May 02, 2019, 10:27:30 AM
I'm gonna say that I do know the plot details now from another forum and  I can say that they haven't really revealed everything, you still have a lot to look forward to.

But seriously, do not watch those darn tv spots.  :o I can't believe they'd show that!!

A LOT of movie Trailers seem to Spoil there films noawadays.

It happend with Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom too

that why i avoid them at all costs. the only ones i watch are the VERY FIRST ones or if they play one in a theator

Jose S.M.

I've seen some, not all. I think we know the basis of how the movie will unfold I these kind of movies. So seeing 1 second shots of two monsters fighting don't spoil me personally, if I see a monster actually dying in a trailer that rI would consider a spoiler.
Fallen Kingdom had a structure that made almost unavoidable to keep the first half unspoiled. But they placed the actual last shots in the trailers, the dinosaurs escaping from the mansion, they showed all the elements leading to how the Indoraptor was going to die so they basically told the mansion outcome too.

dragon53

GODZILLA: KING OF THE MONSTERS---director Mike Dougherty commented on tweaking Godzilla's appearance in KING OF THE MONSTERS, "I tweaked the back spikes, to bring them closer to the original 1954 spikes, because those were always my favorite. They are a very sculpted design - they almost look like fossilized fire. I also felt his spikes should be bigger, because in my mind his spikes are also his crown. If Godzilla's swimming straight at you, you see a beautiful silhouette if the spikes are big enough to crest above his head. I gave him slightly larger feet, because I felt a predator of his size would need to use his hind claws to tear into his prey. And I have him a slight club-like tail, inspired by the previous films. A little bit less pointed. Godzilla's never the same in any film, so I felt like I was continuing a tradition."
Dougherty also said he wants to direct a prehistoric Godzilla prequel, "I like the idea of going back in time and telling creatures' stories from different eras. SKULL ISLAND was set in the '70s, but personally I'd like to do GODZILLA B.C., go back to ancient times and really see the Ray Harryhausen-esque world where primitive humans had to try to survive with these creatures. Maybe we'd get to see the first time mankind truly encountered Godzilla, and get to see how that relationship was christened."

ITdactyl

For those who absolutely don't want to be spoiled, avoid reddit.  I was passed a link through Facebook by a well meaning friend (who thought since I'm really excited for the movie, I'd appreciate spoilers).  Turns out the link leads to a reddit post that has the entire plot.

Did I still read through the spoilers? Yes, this giddy idiot did, and he enjoyed every bit he read and is very excited to see them unfold onscreen (if the spoilers turn out to be true anyway). ;D

In response to dragon53, I liked this part of the Michael Dougherty interview:
QuoteI wanted to jump off of this idea that if you saw Mothra in the sky at night you would think you were looking at an angel or a god. Primitive man saw these creatures, and you want to give them a presence that would make him drop to his knees and bow to this god. Same thing with Rodan. It can't just look like big dinosaurs. Jurassic Park has that covered. They have to be distinct. They have to be their own thing. They're Titans.

Syndicate Bias

Man I need to stop reading spoilers on Reddit. I almost spoiled the last two episodes of Game of Thrones and now Godzilla  :(

Brocc21

Well some reviews are out For King of The Monsters. AND THEYRE VERY POSITIVE. I couldn't be more hyped.! Maybe we could get a MonsterVerse animated series if these do well, just a thought. But I can only dream. I've been reading some "Plot leaks" for Godzilla vs King Kong. And man... there's aren't real without a doubt. It's entertaining reading how insane some of these are. One posted yesterday was quite the joyride. There probably safe to read if any one see's them.

dragon53

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: