News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

GODZILLA: KING OF THE MONSTERS

Started by dragon53, January 30, 2017, 04:42:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragon53

GODZILLA: KING OF THE MONSTERS---director Michael Daugherty announced the second STRANGER THINGS cast member, Randy Havens, has joined the sequel cast. He hinted that Havens will play a member of Monarch Industries. Millie Bobby Brown is the other STRANGER THINGS cast member.

dragon53

GODZILLA: KING OF THE MONSTERS---Zhang Ziyi (CROUCHING TIGER, HIDDEN DRAGON) will co-star in the sequel playing "a key figure in the covert, creature-cataloging Monarch organization". Her deal means she will appear in other Monsterverse movies including GODZILLA vs KONG.

dragon53

Synopsis released for the sequel (which is now being referred to as GODZILLA 2):

""The new story follows the heroic efforts of the crypto-zoological agency Monarch as its members face off against a battery of god-sized monsters, including the mighty Godzilla, who collides with Mothra, Rodan, and his ultimate nemesis, the three-headed King Ghidorah. When these ancient super-species—thought to be mere myths – rise again, they all vie for supremacy, leaving humanity's very existence hanging in the balance."

dragon53

GODZILLA: KING OF THE MONSTERS---a fan video analyzes the Legendary Pictures Monsterverse timeline.

Youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFMMJfPV5E0&t=104s

dragon53

GODZILLA: KING OF THE MONSTERS---sequel photo hints at Mothra. The stone bas-relief is from the Temple of the Moth in the Yucca Province and shows a giant moth, two caterpillar-like creatures and a cocoon.

dragon53

GODZILLA 2---director Mike Dougherty released a photo of the Oxygen Destroyer from the original 1954 movie which hinted it may return for the reboot sequel (the sequel is now being referee to as GODZILLA 2).

CityRaptor

Well, it is the oldest remaining prop known. I wonder who is behind it this time?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

E.D.G.E. (PainterRex)

Perhaps teasing at a Destroyah for future films?
Hello! We are the Expeditioner's Discovery Guild Enterprise (E.D.G.E.). Subscribe to us on YouTube to get interesting content about Earth's past, present, and future!

✅Email: [email protected]

✅Facebook: facebook.com/ExpeditionDG/

✅Discord: https://discord.gg/RDW4mAk

✅Twitter: twitter.com/EDGEinthewild

✅Instagram: @edgeonthetrail

SpartanSquat

Only if Legendary and Warners had its rights. But I dont think Godzilla cant die in Monsterverse due Toho contract. Probably it could be an easter egg

alexeratops

Potentially has something to do with Ghidorah. Legendary released a "Monarch File" on their Instagram a while back talking about a superspecies under the
antarctic ice with three heads. Maybe the Oxygen Destroyer is a backup plan for when Ghidorah leaves the ice?

And yes, Legendary only has rights to Godzilla, Mothra, Rodan, Ghidorah, and of course Kong. Any other monsters would have to be brand new (i.e. MUTOs and Skullcrawlers).
like a bantha!

E.D.G.E. (PainterRex)

Quote from: alexeratops on August 16, 2017, 04:30:18 AM
Potentially has something to do with Ghidorah. Legendary released a "Monarch File" on their Instagram a while back talking about a superspecies under the
antarctic ice with three heads. Maybe the Oxygen Destroyer is a backup plan for when Ghidorah leaves the ice?

And yes, Legendary only has rights to Godzilla, Mothra, Rodan, Ghidorah, and of course Kong. Any other monsters would have to be brand new (i.e. MUTOs and Skullcrawlers).

Yeah, but they might plan on getting the rights.
Hello! We are the Expeditioner's Discovery Guild Enterprise (E.D.G.E.). Subscribe to us on YouTube to get interesting content about Earth's past, present, and future!

alexeratops

Quote from: The Expeditioner's Discovery Guild (PainterRex) on August 16, 2017, 04:32:12 AM
Quote from: alexeratops on August 16, 2017, 04:30:18 AM

Yeah, but they might plan on getting the rights.

I read somewhere that Godzilla v Kong will be the last Monsterverse movie. Apparantly the Toho contract wasn't anything crazy.
like a bantha!

SpartanSquat

@alexeratops: The contract was 10 years. I remember Legendary and Warner acquired the rights of Godzilla in 2010 with a tentative release date for 2012 but it was delayed for 2014.

CityRaptor

So Godzilla vs. King Kong will be the last movie?
Oh no

E.D.G.E. (PainterRex)

that would be immensely disappointing

Takama

Honestly, i hope that this franchise would end at that film.

Kong Skull island was a major disapoiment for me, and i feel like all of the future movies will just get worse and worse, because it made so much money, and they will repeat the same formula. Which would be a disgrace to the 2014 Godzilla which i thoght was pretty freaking great.

Silvanusaurus

I think the next one should be the last in the franchise, so i dont have to see another film with that naff and soulless new version of Kong, let alone entertain the notion that he stands a rat's chance against Godzilla.

stargatedalek

I for one hated the 2014 Godjilla and loved Kong, I mean to each their own but there's a point where it feels like people don't even care about enjoyment of a movie and just if it's a cinematic marvel. Some of us just want to have fun, and for a lot of people Godzilla 2014 was quite slow paced and boring.

CityRaptor

Haven't seen Kong yet, but I agree that G2014 was rather slow paced. The fact that most screentime went to Ford Brody, who is as pretty much a piece of wood, clearly did not help. And when there is monster action, a lot of it is set at a very dark night and barely visible, unless you brighten your screen a lot. Seriously, if you give your Kaiju EMP, at least do it like in Pacific Rim and add bioluminescence. ( Also liked how that problem was solved in Shin Godzilla )
Oh no

Jose S.M.

I enjoyed both 2014 Godzilla and Kong Skull Island, I like the realism of Godzilla, I would have loved seen more of him but still loved the movie, too bad the humans were bland, I agree with that. And I agree that nowadays everything has to be serious, dark or filled with metaphores of the state of the world and if not it's automatically bad no matter what. I enjoy some light fun too, so I like Kong Skull Island even when it was just fun action scenes, I liked the CGI and scenery and the characters (that were very criticized too) were more endearing (to me) that the ones on Godzilla, they didn't had significant development but I found them likable.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: