News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Lanthanotus' Collection of Prehistoric Life

Started by Lanthanotus, March 21, 2017, 05:00:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jose S.M.

Great photos! I really like them, the Mastodon looks very realistic.

Reptilia

Last picture in particular is perfect! You should use it for the annual forum contest.

Shonisaurus

As for the showcases there are dinosaurs that sincerely give the pego as resin figures like Favorite fukuisaurus.

By the way, the repainted quetzalcoatlus of Collecta is unbeatable with that repainting.

The coaleophysis devouring that corpse is great. Congratulations for your Lanthanotus collection.

Lanthanotus

Lanthanotus

CollectA Arsinoitherium, slightly customized (lowered the frontal horns to give them a more accurate angle)

Megalosaurus

Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Lanthanotus

Selfmade Allosaurus, feeding on a sauropod carcass.

Shonisaurus

Magnificent allosaurus a very precise and scientific figure at the same time.  ^-^

As for Collecta's arsinoitherium, how could you modify the horns of that creature?  :o I would like to know what technique you use, because it is great, considering that it is made of PVC.

Lanthanotus

Thanks for the praise :)

The Arsionoitherium was quite easy to customize. I just cut out wedges from the base of the horns until the angle of the horns feeld right to me (cutting off the horns would have also worked). Made sure the newly cutted surfaces are even to each other, then glued them together with cyan acrylate. Gaps and cracks were then filled with Fixit Sculpt (which does not only fill, but also glues together, so also adds strength) and sculpted to fit the original surface texture. Last steps is painting. That's often the most difficult step as it requires machting the existing colors if you don't go for a complete repaint. If you look closely you can see the grey does not match exactly, but I also added a sandy brush to the horns, so it looks natural.

Reptilia

Congrats, your Allosaurus sculpture looks pretty nice!

Bokisaurus

Great collection, I like the modifications you made.
That Allo reminds me of Malcolms feeding allosaur, very cool ;)

Lanthanotus

Yes, FaunaCast's was kind of an inspiration for mine if you will as I would have considered getting one, but several points made me shy away from that.... 1st it's not available anymore and 2nd the sculpt is nice, but the head shrinkwrapped and the stance too wide in a stride to make the animal standing stable when feeding. So I deceided to give it a go myself. It may not be the perfect model, but I am proud of it anyway :)

Lanthanotus

Lovely, crude old Carnegies... Deinonychus pack and Protoceratops on nest.

Roselaar

Wonderful Allosaurus doirama! Love the little details that make it feel more realistic. Good job! :)

laticauda

Wow, I am in love with that Allosaurus.  Awesome.  As for the  Carnegies, that picture make me really miss my old Deinonychus pack.  They disappeared after I left for college, and have never found them. 

Katieraptor

It's probably well known by now that I'm an Allosaurus fanatic. That Allosaurus is absolutely amazing, what a gorgeous animal.

What is it made out of? I'd love to see WIP pictures.
What I love about Allosaurus is that it lived an extremely violent life that was rife with broken bones, cuts, scrapes, infections, sprains, and yet it just kept on truckin.

My Art

Lanthanotus

Thanks for the praise :).... it's been a while since I posted some other pics of that Allosaurus and work in progress.... you can find it here.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

I love my old Carnegie Deinonychus pack! I was always sad I never got the Protoceratops nest. I only ever saw it once in a store attached to the Carnegie mountain display, but the lady wouldn't let me buy the models off the mountain.  >:(

Lanthanotus

Halichoeres

The stance of that Archaeopteryx makes me think of a sunbittern. Nice paint work :)
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: