You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Physical Stores that Stock Quality Dinosaur Models

Started by microraptorgui, April 07, 2017, 03:46:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dgmilner

See http://yokohamakyoryu.jp/. The exhibit will open on the 15th - the same day as the Makuhari Messe exhibit.

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on July 01, 2017, 12:03:59 PM
Quote from: dgmilner on July 01, 2017, 11:06:45 AM
Try the shop at the Museum of Nature and Science in Ueno. Maybe also Hakuhinkan Toy Park? They have stores in Chuo and Shinjuku.

There will be stores at the upcoming Giga Dinosaur Exhibition at Makuhari Messe in Chiba and Yokohama Dinosaur Exhibit at Pacifico.

I see, thank you so much! Never heard of an upcoming Yokohama Dino Exhibit, can you provide me a link/details please?
Thanks.  :))

paintingdinos

I took a trip to the Dinosaur Park in Cedar Creek, TX (just outside of Austin) today and thought of this tread. I guess the obvious draw there is the large fiberglass dinos, but their gift shop was very well stocked.

Safari (including Carnegie models), Papo, CollectA, Schleich, and several other brands were available. I picked up the Carnegie Tylosaurus and Ichthyosaurus, but it was temping not to pick up a few more. There's no charge to visit the gift shop, so anyone just wanting to purchase dinos is welcome to pop in, purchase, and leave.

microraptorgui

Here in California, I recently discovered a place that stocks Safari animal models, including dinosaurs: Bravo Farms (https://www.bravofarms.com). They didn't have a huge selection of dinos, but while there I was able to pick up the Safari Pachyrhinosaurus. Apparently they have several locations. The one I went to in Kettleman City was huge.
I sell original dinosaur art on canvas, shirts, dresses, stickers, phone covers, and a whole bunch of other stuff!
Check it out at www.redbubble.com/people/microraptorgui/shop!

mgaguilar

Quote from: microraptorgui on March 03, 2018, 05:28:09 PM
Here in California, I recently discovered a place that stocks Safari animal models, including dinosaurs: Bravo Farms (https://www.bravofarms.com). They didn't have a huge selection of dinos, but while there I was able to pick up the Safari Pachyrhinosaurus. Apparently they have several locations. The one I went to in Kettleman City was huge.

Always good to hear of places in California! How is the selection at the La Brea Tar Pits? They used to have an INSANE amount of Carnegie and Wild Safari figures years ago.

EDIT: Formatting

Archinto

From my experience, quality" learning toy" shops always stock high end figures. I've seen Papo , schleich safari and collect a all in one place, plus they had other dinosaur figures of lesser quality. I find this is true across the board for most educational type toy shops.
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

microraptorgui

Quote from: mgaguilar on March 03, 2018, 06:12:00 PM
Quote from: microraptorgui on March 03, 2018, 05:28:09 PM

Always good to hear of places in California! How is the selection at the La Brea Tar Pits? They used to have an INSANE amount of Carnegie and Wild Safari figures years ago.

EDIT: Formatting

I haven't been down to the "Pits" in years, so I'm not sure what their selection is like currently. I'd love to go back sometime soon, though! Next time I'm down in Southern California, I'm planning to visit the Dinosaur Farm in Pasadena (http://www.dinosaurfarm.com/). They're supposed to have an insane collection for sale as well. If you live in SoCal, you should go check it out!
I sell original dinosaur art on canvas, shirts, dresses, stickers, phone covers, and a whole bunch of other stuff!

microraptorgui

Quote from: Archinto on March 03, 2018, 07:38:41 PM
From my experience, quality" learning toy" shops always stock high end figures. I've seen Papo , schleich safari and collect a all in one place, plus they had other dinosaur figures of lesser quality. I find this is true across the board for most educational type toy shops.

What specific stores are you referring to? In my area near San Francisco, California, the main educational store is called Lakeshore. They have Safari's toobs, but that's about it. I also used to frequent an educational store up in Medford, Oregon called the Clas E. Professor while I was growing up, which was great back then. They always had a wide selection of Safari, Battat, and other brands. Unfortunately, I recently visited them again and they no longer stock quality dinosaur models.

But I'd love to know what stores you've visited in your area!

Atokensis

Does hobby lobby sell any other papo figures besides the standing T.rex and Spinosaurus?

Does anyone know any stores that sells papo figures in Florida?

Thanks!

mgaguilar

Quote from: Atokensis on March 04, 2018, 09:02:36 AM
Does hobby lobby sell any other papo figures besides the standing T.rex and Spinosaurus?

Does anyone know any stores that sells papo figures in Florida?

Thanks!

My Hobby Lobby only has those two as well. I'd love to know if there are any retailers for Papo Dino's on the West Coast.

But honestly this topic is underrated. I've learned of so many shops to visit!

Cretaceous Crab

I know the T-REX Cafe in Orlando, FL (Disney Springs) routinely carries Safari LTD figures in its gift shop; I always pick one up everytime we vacation down there. I would imagine most T-REX Cafes would offer them.

Atokensis

It seems as though Hobby Lobby does occasionally sell Allosaurus and Velociraptors too, but mainly it's standing Tyrannosaurus and Spinosaurus. And they seem to all be in bad condition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd_BDfXgxpc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qoFqG7z2t4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87AgD80K1n4

Halichoeres

This thread isn't used enough! I have an addition: Greenpoint Toy Center in New York (Brooklyn). They had a great assortment of Safari, including individual Toob figures, JW, Schleich, and some oddities like Xidi/Lontic. Great place.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Digibasherx

Mastermind in Canada has Papo and schleich.  They have Safari minis and toobs, but nothing worth mentioning.  The Michael's around here doesn't carry Safari anymore, just the Minis.

Syndicate Bias

Dinosaur expos have papos 90% of the time. There's a rotational one that goes to almost every state once a year. It came last year to mine and they carry all the papos up before the new ones. So they had everything but the 2017 ones last year. This year they should have up until 2017 and so on.

Great place to be if you like to see some animatronics which include a Giganotosaurus and T Rex and many more and of course their gift shop is papo and other stuff.

Look it up for those in the states its called dinoquest

Halichoeres

Have to give a shout out to this shop in the Chicago suburbs. Its name is grandiose, but it is actually a great shop for all kinds of hobbies: America's Best Train, Toy & Hobby Shop (Itasca, Ill.). They have a wide array of train stuff, which is great for dioramas, as well as figurines of both extant and extinct animals. Highlights:

• The only physical retailer I've seen in the States to carry a large selection of CollectA. I didn't notice anything more recent than 2016, but it also seems like the sort of place that would special order if they knew there was demand.
• A fair number of Carnegies and older Safari models, such as the Wild Safari Utahraptor and Gorgosaurus
• Dinosaur Train, if you're into that sort of thing
• They even had a few Schleich Replica-saurus left
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.