You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Physical Stores that Stock Quality Dinosaur Models

Started by microraptorgui, April 07, 2017, 03:46:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

microraptorgui

Let's put our heads together and compile a list of stores across the country where nice dinosaur models are sold! It's convenient to order things online, but it's so much better to be able to examine something in person before making a purchase. To kick things off, here's my list:

Chains
Hobby Lobby: Papo and Safari Ltd
Michael's: Safari Ltd
Target: Battat
Toys R Us: Schleich
Tractor Supply Co: Schleich
Walmart: Schleich

Individual Shops
East Bay Vivarium in Berkeley, CA: Safari Ltd
Five Little Monkeys in Walnut Creek, CA: Papo
Games of Berkeley in Berkeley, CA: Papo and Safari Ltd
Nature's Gifts in Turlock, CA: Safari Ltd
I sell original dinosaur art on canvas, shirts, dresses, stickers, phone covers, and a whole bunch of other stuff!
Check it out at www.redbubble.com/people/microraptorgui/shop!

Neosodon

That pretty much sums it up. Even the ones that have good models are usually just older ones that I already own anyways.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Halichoeres

Field Museum Gift Shop, Chicago: Safari Ltd, Papo, Schleich
Toys et Cetera, Chicago: Papo
Toymasters Inc, Red Bank, N.J.: Safari Ltd
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

stargatedalek

If this is a USA specific thread could that be added to the title?

microraptorgui

Quote from: stargatedalek on April 07, 2017, 04:55:44 AM
If this is a USA specific thread could that be added to the title?

We can include other countries, too! Do you have something to add to the list?
I sell original dinosaur art on canvas, shirts, dresses, stickers, phone covers, and a whole bunch of other stuff!
Check it out at www.redbubble.com/people/microraptorgui/shop!

Libraraptor

It would be a bad idea to try a Germany specific thread since we are constantly being insulted by the omnipresence of Schleich here  There simply seems to be no alternative...

Takama

In Burlington Iowa and Macomb Illinois there are these farm shops called Farm King. And they sell Safari items including the dinosaurs.     But i never buy my safari dinos at the store anymore. I buy them online.

ZoPteryx

Hobby Lobby also carries Mojo, and my local Target also carries Schleich.

As for individual stores, the only one I can think of off the top of my head is the Dinosaur Farm in Pasadena, California.  They have Safari, Schleich, Papo, Geoworld, and CollectA (but not in stock of course).  I think the San Diego Natural History Museum's gift shop also sold Safari.

Lanthanotus

Quote from: Libraraptor on April 07, 2017, 05:40:38 AM
It would be a bad idea to try a Germany specific thread since we are constantly being insulted by the omnipresence of Schleich here  There simply seems to be no alternative...

I actually know two shops that offer Papo, one of these also CollectA and occassionally Safari, however both' shop's assortment mainly includes recent animals and only a very few dinosaurs. Other than that, yeah, the Schleich omnipresence is disgusting :/

BlueKrono

The Science Museum of Minnesota carries Safari in their fine gift shop.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Pachyrhinosaurus

A. C. Moore has a similar selection of Safari LTD to Michaels.

Also Browseabout Books in Rehoboth Beach, DE has a huge selection of different Safari lines
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

EarthboundEiniosaurus

The Burpee museum in Rockford has a good selection of older and newer Safari figures, including the new 2017 ones.
"Just think about it... Ceratopsids were the Late Cretaceous Laramidian equivalent of todays birds of paradise. And then there's Sinoceratops..."
- Someone, somewhere, probably.

Silvanusaurus

If anyone is aware of any in mid Wales, I'd love to know.

CityRaptor

Pretty much. Although Toys"R"Us also  stocks Papo and some Museum Shops can be found stocking Safari.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Jose S.M.

I wish a had just one option to get figures physically, to me it's impossible, not even Schleich is available here.

Roselaar

There's various "alternative" toy stores in the Netherlands (not a brand of store, but independent stores) that sell various decent brands like Collecta, Papo, Bullyland, Safari and alas, Schleich. For those interested I can point out a few in the larger cities.

Takama

Quote from: ZoPteryx on April 07, 2017, 06:52:06 AM

As for individual stores, the only one I can think of off the top of my head is the Dinosaur Farm in Pasadena, California.  They have Safari, Schleich, Papo, Geoworld, and CollectA (but not in stock of course).  I think the San Diego Natural History Museum's gift shop also sold Safari.

YIKES    that means there infecting the home of Battat

CrypticPrism

My hobbly lobby sells mojos, papos, and some safaris.

Our local playville now sells CollectAs. Funny story about that.

Today me and my Mom were out getting presents for my siblings(they're twins and their birthday is today), and at the said playville, there was a box saying CollectA. I rushed over to the dinosaur shelf to find........ the crappy old parasaurolophus and an empty shelf except for some chinasaurs and shirts. What. A. Disappointment. They used to sell WS but now they don't.
"Tip for flirting: carve your number into a potato and roll it towards eligible females you wish to court with."
"Reading is just staring at a dead piece of wood for hours and hallucinating
My DeviantArt: flipplenup.deviantart.com

Libraraptor

Quote from: Lanthanotus on April 07, 2017, 07:23:43 AM

I actually know two shops that offer Papo, one of these also CollectA and occassionally Safari, however both' shop's assortment mainly includes recent animals and only a very few dinosaurs. Other than that, yeah, the Schleich omnipresence is disgusting :/
Where are they?

ZoPteryx

Quote from: Takama on April 07, 2017, 10:50:42 PM
Quote from: ZoPteryx on April 07, 2017, 06:52:06 AM

YIKES    that means there infecting the home of Battat

Thankfully, I've only ever seen the Giga and the Rex.  They're usually in bins with random other things, including their own knockoffs!  :))

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: