News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich: New for 2018

Started by Takama, July 31, 2017, 10:13:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidB

@mgaguilar  - thanks, I can see that you're right about the Albertosaurus

@Reptillia    -  The Schleich Triceratops has a "feel" about it that is very appealing. Even though I have the great Safari       
                      one, which is the best on the market, really accurate and all, something about the Schleich is
                      compelling, for sure. Apart from the in-hand feel, it has a style about it that is neat.

Shonisaurus

If I were to depend on it, I would like all the prehistoric animals of Schleich to be made by Vlad Konstantinov.  :)

The triceratops, the adult tyrannosaurus and the Schleich tyrannosaurus juvenile of 2018 I do not know if they are all made by him but they are magnificent.  8)

On the other hand, Schleich's juvenile therizinosaurus seems to me a paleoartistic work by the brand quite good, very much in keeping with its therizinosaurus. But honestly the one that does not make me very funny is the pteranodon, along with its velociraptor 2018 marketed at the end of the year 2017 is perhaps the other weak figure of Schleich this year.

Ravonium

Just saw some of these figures for the first time physically today (Oviraptor, Tawa, Psittacosaurus and Triceratops). The Triceratops is my personal favourite of the selection that was there. It is easily Schleich's best attempt at this species and looks better than the photos I've seen of it.

The Oviraptor and Psittacosaurus both look good sculptwise, but seem to have ugly overly-glossy paintjobs (this was especially noticeable compared to photos on the Psittacosaurus).

The Tawa is just awful in all possible aspects. Apart from appearing inaccurately feathered, it also has massive feet and looks very starved. It also suffers from being overly-glossy in its paintjob.

Takama

Added the Summer models to the first post

Honestly, i dont care if Schleich likes it or not. But if Admin feels they should be deleted until summer I will do as they say

SidB

Hopefully they can stick and stay around. I really like the "juvenile" Rex.

Shonisaurus

tyrannosaurus rex (it is even better than its adult counterpart this year), second the juvenile therizinosaurus (although it is not perfect it does not stop being a good piece of toy even for a collector).

The one that interests me the least is the pteranodon Schleich 2018 I will buy it because I am a completista, but the Humbold model of Berlin was much better, sincerely speaking and it had better finishing so much paleoartísticamente, as scientifically.

IrritatorRaji

So, I've kinda been lambasting Schleich's 2018 line, I never really cared much for it at all and certainly never intended to buy any of these figures.

However, I saw them in person for the first time today and... they're actually... pretty okay in person? I mean, I actually really wanted to buy the Triceratops, Carnotaurus, and Tawa. I probably would have had I not found JW:FK toys only minutes later.

Dilopho

I saw the new figures today , too, and They are really good! I picked some up to have a good look, and They certainly don't seem to feel as..waxy? As some of the other ones?
The Triceratops is gorgeous. The Oviraptor is, too, although the teeth look kinda odd from the front as they are grey.

Mini Minmi

I find myself interested by the oviraptor and psittacosaurus, though I feel both would benefit from a repaint.

Sim

Quote from: Dilopho on May 07, 2018, 06:05:08 PM
The Oviraptor is, too, although the teeth look kinda odd from the front as they are grey.

Actually, oviraptorids don't have teeth.  What you're referring to are bony projections on the roof of the mouth.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Sim on May 07, 2018, 08:23:41 PM
The Oviraptor is, too, although the teeth look kinda odd from the front as they are grey.

Actually, oviraptorids don't have teeth.  What you're referring to are bony projections on the roof of the mouth.

Do they function like the egg tooth?

Minmiminime

Quote from: Mini Minmi on May 07, 2018, 06:08:37 PM
I find myself interested by the oviraptor and psittacosaurus, though I feel both would benefit from a repaint.

Do it! The Psittacosaurus is sublime beneath that garish green and pink. I fully intend to redo mine, having seen the brilliant job others have done ^-^ Plus, I don't think it's possible to actually make it any worse, so I may as well have a go..!
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Dilopho

Sorry  :o i just didn't know what else to call them

but either way, they barely stand out when looked at head-on. some definition would have been nice.

Sim

Quote from: tanystropheus on May 07, 2018, 08:37:44 PM

Do they function like the egg tooth?

As far as I know, the projections have nothing in common with an egg tooth.

Quote from: Dilopho on May 07, 2018, 10:15:55 PM
Sorry  :o i just didn't know what else to call them

but either way, they barely stand out when looked at head-on. some definition would have been nice.

No need to apologise, I just thought you might have liked to know that.

Dilopho

Quote from: Sim on May 07, 2018, 10:23:13 PM
No need to apologise, I just thought you might have liked to know that.
I didn't know about it, so thanks for the info. That's really interesting!  ^-^

Shonisaurus

Schleich pteranodon and tyrannosaurus and juvenile therizinosaurus from Schleich are now in stock at everythingdinosaur.com I pass the links to you:

Pteranodon Schleich:

https://www.everythingdinosaur.com/product/schleich-pteranodon/

Tyrannosaurus rex juvenile Schleich:

https://www.everythingdinosaur.com/product/schleich-tyrannosaurus-rex-juvenile/

Juicy Therizinosaurus juvenile:

https://www.everythingdinosaur.com/product/schleich-therizinosaurus-juvenile/

I will buy the pteranodon to complete the collection but I am sincerely interested in the juvenile Tyrannosaurus and Therizinosaurus of Schleich mainly.

IrritatorRaji

Oooooooh so tempted to get the rex now...

I might wait til someone else has bought it and posted pics.

DragonRider02

I am gonna wait till one of local toy stores stock these. I want to See them in Real life before I'll decide to buy any or not (especially Pteranodon, he's the only one I am really interested in)

SidB

Quote from: Shonisaurus on June 20, 2018, 03:42:33 PM
Schleich pteranodon and tyrannosaurus and juvenile therizinosaurus from Schleich are now in stock at everythingdinosaur.com I pass the links to you:

Pteranodon Schleich:

https://www.everythingdinosaur.com/product/schleich-pteranodon/

Tyrannosaurus rex juvenile Schleich:

https://www.everythingdinosaur.com/product/schleich-tyrannosaurus-rex-juvenile/

Juicy Therizinosaurus juvenile:

https://www.everythingdinosaur.com/product/schleich-therizinosaurus-juvenile/

I will buy the pteranodon to complete the collection but I am sincerely interested in the juvenile Tyrannosaurus and Therizinosaurus of Schleich mainly.

Thanks for the heads-up: I just ordered a juvie T-Rex for myself

John

Quote from: IrritatorRaji on April 19, 2018, 11:34:12 PM
So, I've kinda been lambasting Schleich's 2018 line, I never really cared much for it at all and certainly never intended to buy any of these figures.

However, I saw them in person for the first time today and... they're actually... pretty okay in person? I mean, I actually really wanted to buy the Triceratops, Carnotaurus, and Tawa. I probably would have had I not found JW:FK toys only minutes later.
You have every right to change your mind about something if it turns out to be better than you thought it would be.It's much better than something being worse than you thought.
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: