News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Fakes or Leaks? Safari 2018 models

Started by acro-man, August 15, 2017, 09:11:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concavenator

When will the rest be revealed? They look good,though what I'm really excited to see are the dinosaurs  :))

sauroid

i think it is safe to say that we can use this very thread as the Safari Ltd new for 2018. just change the title. or just make a new thread, whatever. :)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Patrx

I think I shall go ahead and make a new thread, since this also includes some early images of the EoFauna steppe mammoth and could get a little confusing, or at least, not concise and tidy. Although they are genuine, I'm not sure if the images on MonsterHouse's Facebook page showing the Daeodon or the mastodon are actually official, so I am inclined to wait a bit before adding them to the new thread.

Joey

The Mastodon is most likely an actual figure because you can see it if you look closely in Safari ltd's new video.

suspsy

Quote from: JoeytheDeinocheirus on August 26, 2017, 08:53:54 AM
The Mastodon is most likely an actual figure because you can see it if you look closely in Safari ltd's new video.

The mastodon was confirmed in a leaked Safari photo on the previous page.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Joey

Quote from: suspsy on August 26, 2017, 05:03:31 PM
Quote from: JoeytheDeinocheirus on August 26, 2017, 08:53:54 AM

The mastodon was confirmed in a leaked Safari photo on the previous page.

Yes, and it can be seen in the video.Still unsure about the Daedon, and the Steppe Mammoth is Eofauna's.

Reptilia

Daeodon is confirmed too, not officially by Safari but the images we have are unmistakable.

Joey

postsaurischian

More Safari Leaks from a russian source .....

Jose S.M.

I like them very much, maybe I'll branch out from dinosaurs and start collecting mammals too.

Shonisaurus

The mastodon looks spectacular. A wonder for any collector. By the way is it done by Doug Watson?  8)

It seems that he is the author of this figure as well as the daeodon. From what I've seen in the photos of the daeodon are much bigger figures I guess Safari will compete fiercely with its counterpart Collecta in the world of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals.  :)

terrorchicken

thats the fuzziest elephant ever,  looks like a shag carpet with legs.  O:-)

tanystropheus

PhilSauria

Shag carpet or not this one has a place reserved in my prehistoric Elephant herd, right next to the space reserved for the Steppe Mammoth.

Faelrin

I'm not as interested in prehistoric mammals as I am interested in dinosaurs and Paleozoic creatures, but I really do like that Mastodon. The detail work looks incredible. I think I'll likely pick that one up once it is available.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

ItsTwentyBelow

Wow, that Mastodon looks incredible in person! Simply terrific detail work. One of the best proboscidean figures ever made.

It seems pretty big, I wonder how it will look next to the Carnegie woolly mammoth?

Daspletotyrannus

Quote from: ItsTwentyBelow on September 09, 2017, 06:14:43 PM
Wow, that Mastodon looks incredible in person! Simply terrific detail work. One of the best proboscidean figures ever made.

It seems pretty big, I wonder how it will look next to the Carnegie woolly mammoth?

I just hope it is in scale with the Wild Safari Woolly Mammoth. As that one is like more than the Carnegie one. 

ZoPteryx

stoneage

So the Russians are leaking more private information!

stargatedalek

Quote from: stoneage on September 10, 2017, 02:20:51 AM
So the Russians are leaking more private information!
Let's hope these ones are real and not just brainwashing.

NOTE: Russian election meddling through collective mass media spam of quantifiably untrue articles is historical fact, this is not "political discussion", however off topic a disclaimer of this length may be.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: