News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna Steppe Mammoth PVC figure - Coming soon!

Started by Eofauna, August 16, 2017, 09:37:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

This figure made the top 10 figures of 2017! Does anyone have some photos of it (alone) that they would permit me to use in the top 10 video?

postsaurischian

Quote from: dinotoyforum on December 24, 2017, 03:47:32 PM
This figure made the top 10 figures of 2017! Does anyone have some photos of it (alone) that they would permit me to use in the top 10 video?

Here's one:

PhilSauria

Definitely one of my faves from this year, now sitting in prime position in my Mammoth herd. Looking forward to future releases from this company.

JohannesB

I was very happy to discover this model. Can't wait for it to arrive from Everything Dinosaur. Until now my favorite has for some reason (maybe combination of esthetics and accuracy) always been the Invicta mammoth, however small. This Eofauna Steppe Mammoth will probably surpass that one, if only because it is a lot bigger and more detailed (and realistically coloured).

Shonisaurus

It is a great figure I believe that Eofauna is a real threat (in terms of competition) to the most prominent toy dinosaur companies in the market. It is a prehistoric scientific and precise mammal. It is also one of my favorites.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: postsaurischian on December 24, 2017, 10:33:44 PM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on December 24, 2017, 03:47:32 PM

Here's one:

Thank you, Postsaurischian!

Eofauna

Hi Collectors!

We are very happy to see Eofauna Steppe Mammoth in the 7th position of the "Top 10 best dinosaur models of 2017" :-)

This only encourages us to make better models in the future.

Best!

Eofauna

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Eofauna on December 25, 2017, 11:00:17 AM
Hi Collectors!

We are very happy to see Eofauna Steppe Mammoth in the 7th position of the "Top 10 best dinosaur models of 2017" :-)

Best!

Eofauna

Well deserved! Congratulations and keep up the excellent work!  ^-^

Reptilia

When we can expect a new figure? Can you give us a little hint?

Eofauna

In a few months  :)

Quote from: Reptilia on December 26, 2017, 11:09:06 AM

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Eofauna on December 26, 2017, 12:00:52 PM

As for me, I would like you to make very dark prehistoric animals (never made before or very underrepresented in the toy market). If they are of the same quality that the Eofauna mammoth trogontherii  I can be happy, it's great!

I would like you to make figures of ceraptosides such as ahrrionoceratops, anchiceratops, pentaceratops, centrosaurus or chasmosaurus (to give five examples). For my part I am not a fan of the scale, although I like big dinosaurs more than dinosaurs and prehistoric animals made to scale, if you do them to scale I would not mind either. The Mammoth Trogontherii is a complete luxury figure that occupies a preferential position on my desk and study table. It is a complete work of art.  8)

You are already with that prehistoric mammal a complete threat to the dinosaur companies and prehistoric toy animals if they continue like this. I am very happy with your company.

Eofauna

Many thanks Shonisaurus for these great words!

Quote from: Shonisaurus on December 26, 2017, 02:23:30 PM
Quote from: Eofauna on December 26, 2017, 12:00:52 PM

As for me, I would like you to make very dark prehistoric animals (never made before or very underrepresented in the toy market). If they are of the same quality that the Eofauna mammoth trogontherii  I can be happy, it's great!

I would like you to make figures of ceraptosides such as ahrrionoceratops, anchiceratops, pentaceratops, centrosaurus or chasmosaurus (to give five examples). For my part I am not a fan of the scale, although I like big dinosaurs more than dinosaurs and prehistoric animals made to scale, if you do them to scale I would not mind either. The Mammoth Trogontherii is a complete luxury figure that occupies a preferential position on my desk and study table. It is a complete work of art.  8)

You are already with that prehistoric mammal a complete threat to the dinosaur companies and prehistoric toy animals if they continue like this. I am very happy with your company.

Ravonium

Can we expect the next figure you make to be a dinosaur or at least based on an animal from the Mesozoic era?

Eofauna

Not yet, that's will be probably the third one.

Quote from: Ravonium on December 26, 2017, 03:31:54 PM
Can we expect the next figure you make to be a dinosaur or at least based on an animal from the Mesozoic era?

sauroid

it is not surprising that the EOFauna steppe mammoth is in the top ten list. it is one of the best plastic prehistoric animal figures of all time.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Reptilia

Bring us a Smilodon or another saber-toothed cat!

stargatedalek

I hope you won't focus your efforts to heavily on mammals in the short term, variety is what can truly set your brand apart and you definitely have the willingness to make uncommon species.

sauroid

and please increase your output to at least two or three per release/year.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Shonisaurus

It is better that Eofauna does "little and well than a lot and badly". I am satisfied with two new figures next year. Eofauna must first weigh the acceptance that it has in the market, and then dedicate itself little by little to make new figures from less to more.

We must be patient.

CARN0TAURUS

Long time reader and first time poster, but this figure inspired me to register and write something ;)

I've been into dinosaurs and prehistoric mammals since childhood.  I've read a few books over the years dating back to the 1970s but perhaps the word 'casual' comes to mind when refering to both my collecting and my cummulative knowledge on prehistoric animals.  I guess I don't know very much, but I'm learning a lot from reading everyone's posts here  :)

My first dinosaur was a theropod my dad bought me at Kmart in the mid 1970s.  I tragically lost it during a move sometime in the late 1990s.  I couldn't tell you who made it or what it was (allosaurus or T-rex?).  It was big like 15 inches long, a tripod, it was yellow with red stripes and his mouth was wide open.  He may have been hollow too because I could fit my finger down his throat.

I only own a handful of dinosaurs and a handful of prehistoric mammals in my tiny collection but I HAD to have this mammoth when I saw images of it.  My one and only issue with mine is how glossy the finish is.  Perhaps it has a protective clearcoat to ensure the color stays on during play?  I've considered spraying it with a light layer of dullcoat but am too worried it would destroy the finish or the plastic.

I handle mine only to look at it and admire it, at my 50 years of age this one won't be getting much wear and tear from rough play.  This piece has the feel of a museum type model but at a price I can afford.  It really is a sculpture, it's beautiful.  With many of these toys, I wish they were available in solid grey plastic without paint as I feel the paintwork on many of these pieces really detracts from the sculpts. Perhaps a more affordable "collectors edition" without the toy like paints?  That said, the actual paintwork application and colors on this piece are excellent except for the glossy aspect of the finish. The 'washes' bring out all the amazing detail and the colors themselves are convincing and realistic (no white tusks).

Also wanted to mention this mammoth figure (the pose) reminds me of the cover art for an old book by josef augusta?  I think I may have read that book back in the 1980s at the public library, it was called " a book of mammoths"  I will try to buy it from Amazon when I see one at a reasonable price.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: