News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd.: New for 2018

Started by Patrx, August 25, 2017, 05:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Watson

Quote from: Mononykus on October 08, 2017, 06:59:48 PM
It finally clicked for me what the upright rodent reminded me of: the gopher from Caddyshack

Funny!

I love your Iguanodon signature, did you make that up yourself or find it somewhere? I wonder where mine will stand in the next 100 years?

Mononykus

Thanks. I did the signature myself. The Crystal Palace version is from Shapeways, and I colorized the Marx and Invicta in photoshop.

tanystropheus

I'm not particularly pleased in the manner in which these models are being revealed.

I especially don't like how the prehistorics are being mixed with modern animals. It's a bit anti-climactic.

I almost feel as if Safari will randomly reveal another 7-8 dinosaurs out of the blue...

sauroid

is this the most stressful teaser/reveal year of Safari?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

John

Quote from: tanystropheus on October 09, 2017, 07:32:46 AM
...I almost feel as if Safari will randomly reveal another 7-8 dinosaurs out of the blue...
That's because they will be randomly revealed over time.
:)
The down side is it makes planning what to get for the holidays more difficult if one has no idea what will even be offered beforehand...
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

DinoToyForum

Their strategy to get everyone talking about Safari Ltd has worked ;)

John

And now,Papo and CollectA will stop showing previews to upcoming releases too! >:D

Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

ZoPteryx

Great overview Loon!  :)

I would wager the owl is actually a Long-eared Owl based on its long ear tufts and orange face.

And that the marmot is actually a Woodchuck based on its pale cheeks.

Loon

Hey, thanks ZoPteryx. That seems to be the owl I'm looking for. Also, would that mean the animal in the bernie's picture is a woodchuck?

Concavenator

Quote from: dinotoyforum on October 09, 2017, 08:50:54 PM
I don't think so,it's more like the opposite.There are no new models,so there is nothing to talk about.Years ago, peolpole would talk because the models were actually revelaed,so there was topic for discussion.

ZoPteryx

Quote from: Loon on October 10, 2017, 06:49:15 AM
Hey, thanks ZoPteryx. That seems to be the owl I'm looking for.

No problem!  ^-^

Quote from: Loon on October 10, 2017, 06:49:15 AM
Also, would that mean the animal in the bernie's picture is a woodchuck?

I would believe so.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Concavenator on October 10, 2017, 06:55:42 AM
I don't think so,it's more like the opposite.There are no new models,so there is nothing to talk about.Years ago, peolpole would talk because the models were actually revelaed,so there was topic for discussion.

Well, this thread is 20 pages long.

Loon

Quote from: Loon on October 08, 2017, 11:04:54 AM

Thanks everyone for the comments. Updated the overview with several suggestions to increase accuracy.

Edited by Admin - as per forum rule 8. "Avoid quoting entire posts if they are long and/or contain many images."

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

CityRaptor

Yes. Please avoid long quotes like that.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

tyrantqueen

Doug Watson

What is really amazing to me is the difference between the reaction on this forum and the reaction on the STS where their Safari 2018 thread members have embraced the tease and have enjoyed sharing their guesses. Their members apparently have more patience, because I can't find one negative comment.
Personally I would prefer them releasing everything at once but I won't get my knickers in a knot about it.

suspsy

Speaking for myself, I'm quite neutral on Safari's tactic. I don't enjoy it, but I don't dislike it either. We'll know what all the 2018 toys are soon enough.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

PumperKrickel

deleted

Jose S.M.

What's different this time is that as soon as they are revealed they are available. Last year they were revealed in October but available later in November and first day of December. Well except the Tyrannosaurus was available earlier on Amazon but I don't trust them like before since they decapitaded my Diplodocus!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: