News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd.: New for 2018

Started by Patrx, August 25, 2017, 05:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Where were these five extant figures revealed?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Reptilia

STS forum, there are threads with official promo images and texts. There's a 2018 Collecta topic started on the ATF too.

Jorgesaurus

sauroid

yeah the size of the Amargasaurus is the only issue i have with it, otherwise it looks great.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Fenestra

Does anyone have an idea what scale the new Amargasaurus will be?
1:30-1:35?
Bigger?  :o

Joey

Quote from: Fenestra on November 03, 2017, 07:58:50 AM
Does anyone have an idea what scale the new Amargasaurus will be?
1:30-1:35?
Bigger?  :o
I'm obviously eye balling this, but about 1:25 scale

Ravonium

Quote from: Daspletotyrannus on November 03, 2017, 12:16:19 AM
According to their website Diplodocus is 18.5 inches long and 4.5 inches tall. Amargasaurus is 16 inches long and 4.5 inches tall. So Amargasaurus is shorter then Diplodocus and they are the same height. One of my problem with the  Amargasaurus is the price. It is more then the Diplodocus. 

OK, I'll admit I was a bit mistaken about the size. This being said. I do still think the Amargasaurus is a bit too large for my likes.

suspsy

New images have shown up on Facebook. We're getting Uintatherium and Megacerops, people!

PumperKrickel

deleted

Jose S.M.

And Regaliceratops! Ankylosaurus was revealed too. I guess we are getting 10 figures this year or maybe one or two more but with a special mammal edition. I don't collect them but I'm happy for the mammal fans.

Pachyrhinosaurus

Ankylosaurus: https://www.safariltd.com/ankylosaurus
Regaliceratops: https://www.safariltd.com/regaliceratops
Megacerops: https://www.safariltd.com/megacerops
Uintatherium: https://www.safariltd.com/uintatherium

They all look great! After the last two dinosaurs I had given up hope for more mammals, but I'm glad to be wrong!
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

suspsy

Was really hoping the ceratopsian would be Centrosaurus. That Regaliceratops looks very nice though.

So that just leaves the other sauropod then? Will this be the first time in years that Safari doesn't include a theropod in the line?

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: suspsy on November 03, 2017, 01:20:49 PM
Was really hoping the ceratopsian would be Centrosaurus. That Regaliceratops looks very nice though.

So that just leaves the other sauropod then? Will this be the first time in years that Safari doesn't include a theropod in the line?

And the hyaenodon plus of course any more surprises if there are any. Also we did have an anzu as our theropod but I agree that isn't as many theropods as we normally would see given their popularity and how many figures are being released, but if that leaves room for more mammals, I can't complain.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Jose S.M.

The sauropod and the supposed Hyaenodon, I think I didn't saw anything that corresponds to that. And they can still be surprises, the Daeodon, Ankylosaurus and Megacerops were not teased in video or pics.

PumperKrickel

deleted

suspsy

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on November 03, 2017, 01:26:45 PM

And the hyaenodon plus of course any more surprises if there are any. Also we did have an anzu as our theropod but I agree that isn't as many theropods as we normally would see given their popularity and how many figures are being released, but if that leaves room for more mammals, I can't complain.

Ah yes, sorry Anzu. I still tend to immediately think of giant meat eaters when I think of theropods.

Halichoeres

Ah, so the mysterious eye that I was hoping belonged to Estemmenosuchus instead belongs to Uintatherium. A different synapsid from what I was hoping, but I'm very happy for all the Cenozoic collectors--Safari's putting a lot of chips on mammals this year!

And at least one more batch to come. Fingers crossed for another surprise.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Reptilia

Seems like Safari wants to compete with Collecta on the prehistoric mammals ground, but I think that all three new Safaris matching Collectas are kind of inferior. Very slightly I have to say, because I find Daeodon, Megacerops and Uintatherium all pretty nice, but if I have to pick a model of those genera I'd choose Collecta. On the other hand I think that I prefer this WS Regaliceratops to the Collecta version, I assume it'll be the same size of other Safari's ceratopsians, so bigger than Collecta's, and the colours and head sculpt look more interesting to me. Ankylosaurus is nice too, just not my thing. So far I think it's a fairly good year for Safari, Anzu is the peak while only Amargasaurus is subpar, in my opinion. Let's see that other sauropod now.

Patrx

Oh, wow, that Regaliceratops is a beauty! I'm less excited about the mammals, but they are very nice and will probably have a home in my collection. The Megacerops would make a suitable replacement for the Mojo version,

Blade-of-the-Moon

yeah no real prehistoric mammal love here either unless it's Mesozoic and life  size.  ;)   Regaliceratops is finely detailed sculpt, though a bit more color would have made it stand out more..easily remedied though.  So Anky is back to being more wide now?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: