News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo: New for 2018

Started by Reptilia, September 26, 2017, 12:32:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syndicate Bias

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F163156725992

Really.cheap papos here. This seller sold.me the Therizinosaurus for just 27 dollars like.the amazon pre order prices and his iguanodon was also cheap. This acro is usually 40 but thru him its around 27 dollars with shipping included.

Idk how he profits off of this but if any of you wanted a low price 2018 papo here it is.

terrorchicken

^that is cheap! are you in the US? was it shipped in good condition?

Ceratosaurus

Rupi Bolz has a review up for the Papo Quetzalcoatlus.
https://youtu.be/FfW7NDloZMw
My Prehistoric Figure Collection - https://www.flickr.com/photos/115416096@N07/albums

Syndicate Bias

Yep! Sadly i bought the acrocanthosaurus thru a netherlands seller on Ebay since EBay gets them first and also at their normal price instead of paying for high shipping costs thru german shops for me since i am in the u.s.

I ordered the therizinosaurus thru that shop though and it was in perfect condition. I can confirm they are fine, shipping is the same royal air mail that Everything Dinosaur uses so it is within 10 working days that it should arrive. I should've waited for them to sell the acro now i regret spending the 40 when it could've been 28 dollars argh. Idk how they profit off of selling the papos for cheap honestly but they are unbeatable prices especially for us in the U.S. but once his stock of them are gone its gone. He only had one Therizinosaurus and i got lucky, he had 2 iguanodons and i missed them and he's got 3 acros right now. If you don't have one yet and are looking for a cheap way this is it! I'm still waiting for him to get the compsonagthus, I'm sure it will probably be 20 dollars or less judging from how cheap the other figures are from them

Minmiminime

It never fails to astonish me just how much detail they manage to cram in, and then the paintwork is so very good on top! The production values are waaaay beyond even some statues (in most cases). I honestly don't know how they do it. Thank you for sharing that, avatar_Ceratosaurus @Ceratosaurus 😁 I was always going to get this figure, but seeing such an in depth review like this just makes me want it all the more!!
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Reptilia

Papo has no rivals in terms of production values, period.

Shonisaurus

The Papo quetzalcoatlus is at the same height of genius and quality as the therizinosaurus and acrocantosaurus of the same brand.

Pterosaur is even better than tupuxuara, its details are sublime. He is one of my favorite figures this year. The quetzalcoatlus can compete as a pterosaur in genius with that of other toy companies as well as its tupuxuara.

Takama

So I boght the Amargasaurus. Papos most controversial Figure to date.

Syndicate Bias

Does that mean like sculpting quality? I mean in terms of details compared to price, papo does have a very competitive market there. Enough to basically be a threat to other companies trying to push out highly detailed dinosaur like Rebor, which cannot compete in how fast papo makes their dinossurs. As for safari ltd its not exactly as detailed as papo but they are more educational

Shonisaurus

For me, a somewhat general division of toy brands of prehistoric animals in a summarized scheme from my point of view is as follows,

Scientific and educational toy dinosaur companies are for example Safari and Collecta.

Non-scientific companies one hundred percent but whose toys are detailed are Papo, Rebor (although now there will be the scientific version and the avant-garde), i-Toy for example.

Scientific and educational Asian dinosaur companies like Safari and Collecta but with more adult figures are Kaiyodo, Favorite, Colorata, Vitae and PNSO.

Companies for children (but also for collectors) are Recur and Schleich (although the latter is subject to changes in terms of starting to make more educational figures for collectors), the same Lego and Play Movil.

Companies such as "Beasts of the Mesozoic" and the JW / JP figures are dinosaur companies that stand out for the excessive articulation of their figures and vary from educational ones like "Beasts of the Mesozoic" to recreational ones like JW / JP whose figures could be encompass like those of Papo or Rebor in what refers to the interpretation of figures of avant-garde dinosaurs.

With regard to the main theme of Papo his figures are great and their figures can be in some cases scientific and other times they are avant-garde interpretations of dinosaurs but finely detailed and at a very affordable price and they do not have to envy the resin figures .

Except for the isolated case of Papo 2018 amargasaurus, the rest of the figures of the mark are outstanding in major (therizinosaurus, acrocanthosaurus and quetzalcoatlus) and to a lesser extent (iguanodon, juvenile spinosaurus and compsognathus).

Gwangi

Quote from: Takama on July 24, 2018, 05:11:17 PM
So I boght the Papos most controversial Figure to date.

I would say their marine reptiles and maybe their Oviraptor would claim that title. Personally I think the Iguanodon was a huge disappointment. That said, I really thought they could pull off an epic Amarasaurus, and they clearly didn't, so you might be right.

suspsy

Quote from: Gwangi on July 24, 2018, 06:05:35 PM
Quote from: Takama on July 24, 2018, 05:11:17 PM
So I boght the Papos most controversial Figure to date.

I would say their marine reptiles and maybe their Oviraptor would claim that title. Personally I think the Iguanodon was a huge disappointment. That said, I really thought they could pull off an epic Amarasaurus, and they clearly didn't, so you might be right.

Assuming that "most controversial" translates to "worst," I would argue that the Tylosaurus still retains that title. The Amargasaurus does come close, though.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

E.D.G.E. (PainterRex)

Quote from: Shonisaurus on July 24, 2018, 05:53:50 PM
For me, a somewhat general division of toy brands of prehistoric animals in a summarized scheme from my point of view is as follows,

Scientific and educational toy dinosaur companies are for example Safari and Collecta.

Non-scientific companies one hundred percent but whose toys are detailed are Papo, Rebor (although now there will be the scientific version and the avant-garde), i-Toy for example.

Scientific and educational Asian dinosaur companies like Safari and Collecta but with more adult figures are Kaiyodo, Favorite, Colorata, Vitae and PNSO.

Companies for children (but also for collectors) are Recur and Schleich (although the latter is subject to changes in terms of starting to make more educational figures for collectors), the same Lego and Play Movil.

Companies such as "Beasts of the Mesozoic" and the JW / JP figures are dinosaur companies that stand out for the excessive articulation of their figures and vary from educational ones like "Beasts of the Mesozoic" to recreational ones like JW / JP whose figures could be encompass like those of Papo or Rebor in what refers to the interpretation of figures of avant-garde dinosaurs.

With regard to the main theme of Papo his figures are great and their figures can be in some cases scientific and other times they are avant-garde interpretations of dinosaurs but finely detailed and at a very affordable price and they do not have to envy the resin figures .

Except for the isolated case of Papo 2018 amargasaurus, the rest of the figures of the mark are outstanding in major (therizinosaurus, acrocanthosaurus and quetzalcoatlus) and to a lesser extent (iguanodon, juvenile spinosaurus and compsognathus).

I think you mean to say pop-culture, rather than avant-garde? Unless you are referring to them in an "artsy" way?
Hello! We are the Expeditioner's Discovery Guild Enterprise (E.D.G.E.). Subscribe to us on YouTube to get interesting content about Earth's past, present, and future!

✅Email: [email protected]

✅Facebook: facebook.com/ExpeditionDG/

✅Discord: https://discord.gg/RDW4mAk

✅Twitter: twitter.com/EDGEinthewild

✅Instagram: @edgeonthetrail

terrorchicken

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on July 21, 2018, 01:13:31 AM
Yep! Sadly i bought the acrocanthosaurus thru a netherlands seller on Ebay since EBay gets them first and also at their normal price instead of paying for high shipping costs thru german shops for me since i am in the u.s.

I ordered the therizinosaurus thru that shop though and it was in perfect condition. I can confirm they are fine, shipping is the same royal air mail that Everything Dinosaur uses so it is within 10 working days that it should arrive. I should've waited for them to sell the acro now i regret spending the 40 when it could've been 28 dollars argh. Idk how they profit off of selling the papos for cheap honestly but they are unbeatable prices especially for us in the U.S. but once his stock of them are gone its gone. He only had one Therizinosaurus and i got lucky, he had 2 iguanodons and i missed them and he's got 3 acros right now. If you don't have one yet and are looking for a cheap way this is it! I'm still waiting for him to get the compsonagthus, I'm sure it will probably be 20 dollars or less judging from how cheap the other figures are from them

thanks! Im gonna keep my eye on it(sadly lacking in dino funds now thanks to JW, lol!)

Shonisaurus

Quote from: The Expeditioner's Discovery Guild (PainterRex) on July 24, 2018, 08:49:41 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on July 24, 2018, 05:53:50 PM

I think you mean to say pop-culture, rather than avant-garde? Unless you are referring to them in an "artsy" way?

Well yes, I mean pop-culture although in my case I refer to avant-garde figures when they go out of the logic of dinosaurs and prehistoric toy animals not only for being non-scientific figures (pop-culture) but also because they are rare scientific figures in the toy market, for example, Collecta or Safari's malawisaurus, although they are scientific, I call them avant-garde.

That's what I wanted to refer to. It's my way of expressing myself in the forum. In my case both the rare scientific figures in the toy market and avant-garde are the avant-garde as it happens with the palaeoloxodon of Eofauna and the pop-culture figures based on movie dinosaurs or with artistic licenses that are far from the conformism of the idea we have of the dinosaur or prehistoric animal such as figures based on JP / JW. Both for me have their charm.

Ceratosaurus

Quetzalcoatlus and Compsognathus now in stock at Everything Dinosaur.
My Prehistoric Figure Collection - https://www.flickr.com/photos/115416096@N07/albums

DragonRider02

Quote from: Ceratosaurus on July 26, 2018, 04:05:38 PM
Quetzalcoatlus and Compsognathus now in stock at Everything Dinosaur.
AAAAARRRRGGGHH I HAVE HAD ORDERED SOME STUFF FROM THEM LITERALLY TWO DAYS AGO if I knew they will have Quetzalcoatlus Just two days later I would have waited;___;

hao_bao

Bought 1x acro repaint, 1x quetz, 3x compies from them. Can't wait to add to the diorama.

Syndicate Bias

Ah i see im not the only one that thinks one Compy is not enough. Honestly they should've made it smaller so it could be a lil bit cheaper so buying 3 isn't equivalent to buying to big figures

Lizerd

I was wondering if papo is good, so anybody got some views on the subject? I would also be curious on the subject of how quickly does papo develop new products, so again, some opinions would be taken :)
If you wonder where I'm active now, you can find me here- http://www.lustria-online.com/members/lizerd.17772/
It's been a good run here

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: