News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo: New for 2018

Started by Reptilia, September 26, 2017, 12:32:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tanystropheus

Quote from: Shonisaurus on March 31, 2018, 12:27:04 PM
Quote from: Archosauria on March 31, 2018, 12:33:03 AM
Oh, I forgot about the Iguanodon! It looked great! I hope it's nice in person. I'm definitely going to buy that one.

The iguanodon Papo based on the movie Disney that is an improved version of the film must be a great figure.

LOL. I don't think it is based on the Disney version.

CityRaptor

Yep, it's clearly not based on Disneysaur.

I mean, does it look like this loser?

Or this guy?

Or probably the best talking dinosaur in the movie?

No it doesn't. It's just a big and beefy Iguanodon.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Reptilia

You can say the colours are inspired by the Disney version.

Shonisaurus

It reminds me of the iguanodon (that does not mean it) to the Disney movie. Obviously it is not, but it reminds me slightly, and fortunately the Papo version is superior to the Disney version and more scientifically accurate.  :)

The Disney version is cartoon for children and obviously is a caricature. The iguanodon of Papo is a paleoartistic work of height for me it is between remarkable and outstanding, taking into account other figures of Papo 2018 (quetzalcoatlus, therizinosaurus and the acrocanthosaurus repainted).

My intention was not to offend any member of the forum and obviously the sculptor of that figure. It is one thing to say "that the iguanodon is an improved version" and another that it really is. Perhaps my words have been misguided and members of the forum misunderstood me. I am sorry.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: CityRaptor on April 03, 2018, 10:43:35 AM
Yep, it's clearly not based on Disneysaur.

I mean, does it look like this loser?

Or this guy?

Or probably the best talking dinosaur in the movie?

No it doesn't. It's just a big and beefy Iguanodon.

Your fighting an uphill battle my friend.  Disney " branded" Iguanodon to the public..much like Carnotaurus as well.  :/

terrorchicken

I agree with Shonisaurus, the first thing I thought of when I saw it was the Dinosaur iguanodon. Not the main characters of course but the style it has with the exaggerated proportions reminds me of the ones in the film.

odd thing is I don't think their carnotaurus looks like the Disney version(though Schleich did make one that was inspired by it.)

btw speaking of Disney's Dinosaur, did anyone think the T-Rex stomping the crap out of the carnotaurus in the JW:LK trailer is Universal flipping the bird at Disney's film?  ;D >:D

Cretaceous Crab

Quote from: terrorchicken on April 03, 2018, 06:08:30 PM
I agree with Shonisaurus, the first thing I thought of when I saw it was the Dinosaur iguanodon. Not the main characters of course but the style it has with the exaggerated proportions reminds me of the ones in the film.

Ditto

Quotebtw speaking of Disney's Dinosaur, did anyone think the T-Rex stomping the crap out of the carnotaurus in the JW:LK trailer is Universal flipping the bird at Disney's film?  ;D >:D

I'm sure that conversation was had by one or more producers and/or writers. Probably not the deciding factor of that scene, given the general popularity of Carnotaurus. But I haven't seen the film either.

Atokensis

The papo caveman, Armagasaurus and baby Spinosaurus are now in stock at Everythingdinosaurs. Now we wait for Quarter 2.

Minmiminime

Me too! All of the models I'm most looking forward to still seem to be months away. I've been entertaining myself in the meantime by rearranging my display cabinet, which is always a great excuse to handle every member of my collection as it currently stands :))
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Reptilia

My cabinet won't need major modifications, the new Acrocanthosaurus will replace the 2017 version, while both Therizinosaurus and Quetzalcoatlus will find a place near the Brachiosaurus and T-Rex family, on the lower shelf where there's still plenty of space. Not sure if the remaining two will join my collection this year, I still have to pick a few older ones which have been procrastinated for quite a while now.

Atokensis

New shot:

Not as clear as the older shot, which I will show here again:

Irritation

Quote from: Atokensis on April 04, 2018, 01:40:33 AM
New shot:

Not as clear as the older shot, which I will show here again:

Is that the Ceratosaurus in the background.

Atokensis

Quote from: Irritation on April 04, 2018, 02:15:09 AM
Is that the Ceratosaurus in the background.

Yeah that's the papo Ceratosaurus

Minmiminime

Every time I see a shot of that thing's head it looks more frightening! Yes, I'd like to see them lose the Greg Paul mummified gum line, but this new paint job is certainly very effective at bringing out the detail, and I'm going to make sure I pick up one of the first runs of this one ^-^
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Reptilia

The specimen we see in this last new picture looks already worse than the previous one. Might be the poor lighting, but the paint app appears to be less neat in the teeth area. Anyways, I totally agree, I'll pick mine as soon as available.

Shonisaurus

Sincerely every day I like more the acrocanthosaurus repainted, imposes to see the figure. It gives the impression of being a cruel and unscrupulous predator, a dinosaur that must have been frightening for the poor prey of herbivorous dinosaurs.

hao_bao

Quote from: Reptilia on March 30, 2018, 02:10:35 PM
But it's available from german retailers, I don't live in Germany but if I want to pick it up it's there. If I had to wait for Papo figures to be available in my country I would probably have to wait for years! Maybe that's just cause you people in the UK are used to get your stuff from Everything Dinosaur or other british dealers.

A lot of us would rather save money on postage, especially after Brexit and the price of European products skyrocketing. For the amarga and spino I'm being set back £30. You mentioned you'd go to Germany to pick it up, that seems a bit extreme to me. Well, unless you have other business there.

Reptilia

I actually meant that being the figure available from german online retailers I can get it from there if I want. I have to buy Papo models online anyway, there's no chance to find any, especially new releases, in physical stores where I live, and postage from various european countries is pretty much the same for me. So I get whatever figure from the first retailer that gets it in stock.

Atokensis

The tail on the Iguanodon seems a bit short and I dislike the articulated jaws, but it's still a figure I plan on getting because the details are incredible... I do wish it wasn't based on the Disney's rendition (by that I mean I wish it didn't remind me of the Disney's Iguanodon) but rather a scientifically accurate one in the style of papo.

I wonder how the Iguanodon will look with its mouth closed (hopefully better).

Minmiminime

Apparently ED have sold out the new Amargasaurus already! It's not one I'm planning on getting, but clearly there are plenty of people out there who like it's style. The Iguanodon, I'll definitely pick up even though looking at it does drive me so very mad :o ;D

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: