News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Vitae dinosaurs

Started by Mauro "Raptor86", October 29, 2017, 09:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

Quote from: stegosauria on October 04, 2020, 02:33:41 AM
The Majungasaurus is in the background but in the left in a plastic bag (I only recognised it by its colours). If you checks Vitae FB page you can see that the last products they released was a Plateosaurus and a Teratophoneus (a tyrannosarid) in resin more than a year ago. The left in the backfround lying is the Teratophoneus.

The one on the left in a plastic bag looks like a flying squirrel to me :-\ .

Shonisaurus

Quote from: postsaurischian on October 04, 2020, 07:50:48 AM
The Majungasaurus is in the background but in the left in a plastic bag (I only recognised it by its colours). If you checks Vitae FB page you can see that the last products they released was a Plateosaurus and a Teratophoneus (a tyrannosarid) in resin more than a year ago. The left in the backfround lying is the Teratophoneus.

The one on the left in a plastic bag looks like a flying squirrel to me :-\ .

I assume that Vitae's majungasaurus is a resin figure.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Flaffy on October 04, 2020, 04:47:08 AM

And when did they release a Plateosaurus?

They made a resin Lufengosaurus, is that what you're seeing? Or are you looking at something else?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Eocarcharia

Quote from: triceratops83 on October 02, 2020, 01:58:14 AM
Quote from: Eocarcharia on October 02, 2020, 01:46:48 AM
I'm thinking of ordering some Vitae figures now, probably from eBay. I'm looking at the less expensive offerings (besides the obvious bootlegs), from sellers like dino-2-me-toy or la-na-time-shop. Can anyone vouch for their reputability/legitimacy? Or does anyone have any other recommendations?

Those two sellers are a little annoying in the fact that they sell both legitimate products as well as bootlegs. For example, they have both original Rebor products as well as knockoffs of the same. I've bought from both sellers though and had no problems, they're pretty reliable.

Thanks for the answer. I do see a lot of bootlegs in their listings, but I guess I'll give them a shot with the legit-looking ones.

Quote from: Sim on October 03, 2020, 06:26:01 PM
An update from Vitae: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=746754189206098&id=173557513192438

Wait, does this mean that they're going to re-release their old figures, as well as the new ones, with bases?

Flaffy

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 04, 2020, 01:28:59 PM
Quote from: Flaffy on October 04, 2020, 04:47:08 AM

And when did they release a Plateosaurus?

They made a resin Lufengosaurus, is that what you're seeing? Or are you looking at something else?

Yes, but S @stegosauria claimed:
If you checks Vitae FB page you can see that the last products they released was a Plateosaurus
Which to my knowledge has never happened.

KeU

**Update: After checking again, this is not Vitae but was the unpainted theropod next to the Vitae display. Seems to be branded as Big Bear Dinosaur Museum.**

Big and Chonky!
Looking at the size of the lower mandible, seems like it is based off Scotty.

PrimevalRaptor

Wow, this one looks incredible, love the hefty feeling this guy has, now that is a T.rex!

Shonisaurus

That tyrannosaurus rex is a scientist. Seeing the beautiful presentation I suppose it will be a high-cost resin figure. It looks magnificent.

Leyster

? @Stolpergeist as KeU said some posts up, it's not by Vitae, it just happened to be close so it ended up in the photos.
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Primeval12

Quote from: SidB on October 19, 2020, 02:49:51 AM
Quote from: SidB on October 19, 2020, 02:44:41 AM
Quote from: Cheesy Movie Productions/Primeval12 on October 19, 2020, 01:49:46 AM
Looks like they are redoing the sculpts with cheeper paint.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vitae-Sinraptor-Wuerhosaurus-Giganotosaurus-Chilantaisaurus-Dinosaur-Animal-Toy/254467796912?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160908105057%26meid%3Dac2ae0d4595c482daabee53b9ef20d01%26pid%3D100675%26rk%3D5%26rkt%3D15%26mehot%3Dnone%26sd%3D193296034156%26itm%3D254467796912%26pmt%3D1%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D2380057&_trksid=p2380057.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=pageci%3A1f24dc27-11a4-11eb-b9c2-d6e9b1e29053%7Cparentrq%3A3e4fc26b1750a9cb2167e8e7fffa01de%7Ciid%3A1
See  response #505 in this thread. The factory resorted to a cheaper set of paint applications a while back, due to the factory owner's alleged gambling problems. The sculpts are the same, but the paint has been downgraded, especially on the Giganotosaurus. I got mine repainted.
Also see Rebor's story on #458 on the original problem itself.

Actually, I knew it. i just didn't know if people wanted pics or not :)

I may get the Giga when my next paycheck comes. I do not like the new bland paint job but I am all for the sculpt.

SidB

avatar_Primeval12 @Cheesy Movie Productions/Primeval12 , I got mine repainted shortly after receiving the "glitter" discount version. See entries 541- to 545 in this thread for the result, if interested.

Primeval12

I saw and loved it. I don't like repainting my figures so it would stay as is.

Remko

I have the repainted cheap figures, but also the original ones.

I'm thinking about converting the repainted Chilantaisaurus into a Megaraptosaurid. It already has the large claw on the first digit, amd the size is pretty much spot on as wel.
Besides, Chilantaisaurus is pretty closely related to Megaraptor as well.

The repainted edition of the Sinoraptor is planned to become the theropod responsible for the "Europasaurus blitzkrieg". I had intended to use an Allosaurus firgure first, but that one was way too large.

A Sinoceratops and the original Giganotosaurus are on their way as well. Hopefully arriving soon!

Loon

Any word on the new figures? Weren't they supposed to be out on the 2nd?

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Loon on October 19, 2020, 09:37:07 PM
Any word on the new figures? Weren't they supposed to be out on the 2nd?

I expected that these new figures would be available in the market on the date they indicated but it seems that they are being delayed unfortunately. We will have to wait.

Remko

Just received the regular painted Chilantaisaurus and the Sinoceratops diorama set today.

WOW! Striking figures and paintjobs!
The Sinoceratops looks beautiful. And finally a figure if this animal without the horrible holes in the frill as shown in Jurassic World, which just looks stupid.

Can't wait for the Giganotosaurus set to arrive!

Halzk

Any news from Vitae? They've been silent since they announced the new figures, which were supposed to be released this October :-\.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: