News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

I

Papo 2019 Hopes & Dreams

Started by indominus, December 20, 2017, 03:16:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syndicate Bias

Wouldn't say I don't as I do own both the safari carcha and giga despite my dislike for most of their dinosaurs

Shonisaurus

Quote from: dinotoyforum on December 22, 2017, 10:49:51 AM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on December 22, 2017, 12:01:01 AM
A muttaburrasaurus would be great. I unfortunately have the Invicta brand. There is not a moderately acceptable figure nowadays in the toy market.

I could also do it with time Jason from soutlands replicas.

What's wrong with the Invicta Muttaburrasaurus?

Naturally, the Invicta muttaburrasaurus is fabulous but it is discontinued. Apart from that we would need one of a looser size (I am a supporter of dinosaurs of medium-large sizes at least.) I am not a fan of scale dinosaurs.

Minmiminime

I would like a Utahraptor that closely follows Scott Hartman's skeletal. Something tells me that Papo would infuse that with a sufficient degree of predatory malice, providing they didn't make it as oiled and lean as their Velociraptor. Just looking at that skeletal sends shivers down my spine, it's so bulky, big-eyed and mobile-tailed compared to its relatives. Weird! I can just see packs of them stalking the early Cretaceous plains at night...

I'd also like a decent Olorotitan, an updated "Oviraptor" and a Kulindadromeus. Best of luck to the sculptor who attempts that :o ;D
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Takama

Really i want them to do a Corythosaurus based off of the one from Jurassic park 3 and before any of you say there days of copying movies are over, just take a good look at the Dimorphodon, which is a copy from the one from Jurassic World (though the colors are diffrent enough).

IrritatorRaji

I would love to see Papo's take on Yutyrannus or Guanlong.

Quote from: ZoPteryx on December 22, 2017, 06:17:46 AM
It would be awesome to get:

Sarcosuchus
a hadrosaur species
a titanosaur species
Giganotosaurus or Carcharodontosaurus
and NOTHING from whoever sculpted the Amargasaurus!

I second this. I mean, got nothing against the sculptor, they did clearly sculpt an Amargasaurus but.... It's no where near Papo quality. It's more like late 90's Schleich.

Atokensis

My top 5:
1) Giganotosaurus or Carcharodontosaurus
2) Camarasaurus
3) New Triceratops or Pentaceratops
4) Kentrosaurus
5) Suchomimus

Others:
Ouranosaurus
Gallimimus
Yutyrannus
Edmontosaurus
Lambeosaurus
Mosasaurus
Purussaurus
Megalodon (like PNSO one)
New Stegosaurus
Monolophosaurus

Shonisaurus

My wishes for Papo 2019 are as follows:

Giganotosaurus, I hope you make one this year.

Megatherium or woolly rhinoceros

Dacentrurus

Amargasaurus (reissue)

Spinosaurus (reissue)

At least I hope that one of those figures is marketed in 2019.  ::)

Halichoeres

Quote from: Atokensis on February 14, 2018, 03:37:41 AM

Megalodon (like PNSO one)

I wouldn't mind a Megalodon, but not one like PNSO's. I'd rather have a real Megalodon:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megalodon_(bivalve)
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

IrritatorRaji

Tbh I wouldn't mind another Spinosaurid from them.  Part of me assumes they'll do a JW:FK inspired Baryonyx.

Ravonium

Quote from: Halichoeres on February 14, 2018, 05:06:16 PM
I wouldn't mind a Megalodon, but not one like PNSO's. I'd rather have a real Megalodon:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megalodon_(bivalve)

Now that would be something you don't see everyday from any company  ;D

Reptilia

Quote from: Shonisaurus on February 14, 2018, 03:10:13 PM

Papo already have a woolly rhino, albeit it is now discontinued. Or you mean you wish they'd make a new version?

Syndicate Bias

watch papo make a Mapusaurus instead of  giganotosaurus or Carcharodontosaurus or Tyrannotitan  :))

personally i want them to make a Tyrannotitan or Giganotosaurus, and then maybe 2-5 years down the line they should explore the carcharodontosaurus and mapusaurus

Shonisaurus

A carcharodontosaurus or a tyrannotitan on Papo's part would be magnificent considering its great paleoartistic potential and the very nice that all its theropod figures do.

Atokensis

I'd like for papo to make a Utahraptor (similar to rebor, but with proper arm feathering), Yutyrannus, Monolophosaurus, Quadrupedal Spinosaurus, Suchomimus, and Giganotosaurus or Carcharodontosaurus.

Some herbivores I'd like include Ouranosaurus, Camarasaurus, Diplodocus, Kentrosaurus, Chasmosaurus, Edmontonia, Corythosaurus and Gallimimus.

Giganotosaurus or Carcharodontosaurus definitely being my most wanted.

Minmiminime

I wholeheartedly agree with Utahraptor and Ouranosaurus, especially! I'd also love them to update their "Oviraptor". All hopefully sculpted by Mr Seo  ^-^
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Syndicate Bias

oooh yes an ouranousaurus would be nice!

Jose S.M.

I would like a new ceratopsian, they made nice Styracosaurus and Pachyrhinosaurus figures, they can make a new one, with correct hands hopefully, and I'm sure it would be really nice. Also any new stegosaur, aside from CollectA, most companies only make Stegosaurus and the eventual Kentrosaurus, a change would be nice. And papo only has Stegosaurus and it's getting older.

mgaguilar

Quote from: Shonisaurus on February 14, 2018, 03:10:13 PM

Giganotosaurus, I hope you make one this year.

Dacentrurus

Amargasaurus (reissue)

Spinosaurus (reissue)

At least I hope that one of those figures is marketed in 2019.  ::)

I second this!

Reptilia

I think a feathered critter will be part of the 2019 line up, being retired the original Oviraptor this year.

Syndicate Bias

im surprised people are actually wanting a Carcharodontosaurus now that i read the whole thread.

Kinda always thought Giganotosaurus overshadowed Carcharodontosaurus for some odd reason even though Giganotosaurus has been (known)around for much less time

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: