News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

I

Papo 2019 Hopes & Dreams

Started by indominus, December 20, 2017, 03:16:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IrritatorRaji

Another thing I'd love from them, more Ornithopods. Pretty sure all they've done is Parasaurolophus and, as of recently, Iguanodon, but I'd love to see them tackle lots more Ornithopods. If they ever made an Olorotitan or Ouranosaurus I'd be able to die happy.

Irritation

If Papo makes a new large carnosaur, I'm hoping for it to be in a bipedal pose. I love the Across, but not a big fan of it in a crouching position.

mgaguilar

@Irritation It's pretty funny to look at all of Papo's theropods and realize 3/4 of them are tripods, and the rest have absurdly oversized feet.
Personally, if they took a page out of Collecta's Deluxe Acro and Deluxe Carchar for stability of large theropods, I think the'd have a perfect figure.

Syndicate Bias

well at least they arent rebor acrocanthosaurus feet  8)

Shonisaurus

Quote from: IrritatorRaji on March 21, 2018, 12:03:41 AM
Another thing I'd love from them, more Ornithopods. Pretty sure all they've done is Parasaurolophus and, as of recently, Iguanodon, but I'd love to see them tackle lots more Ornithopods. If they ever made an Olorotitan or Ouranosaurus I'd be able to die happy.

I would add to these figures lurdusaurus, muttaburrasaurus, kritosaurus and even lambeosaurus (independently that we have fabulous Invicta and another quite outstanding Bullyland).  :)

Reptilia

Quote from: mgaguilar on March 21, 2018, 02:55:08 AM
@Irritation It's pretty funny to look at all of Papo's theropods and realize 3/4 of them are tripods, and the rest have absurdly oversized feet.
Personally, if they took a page out of Collecta's Deluxe Acro and Deluxe Carchar for stability of large theropods, I think the'd have a perfect figure.

Those two you mention have abnormally large hips, I vastly prefer something like the Papo Acrocanthosaurus and Dilophosaurus pose than anatomical disproportions such as Collecta's. In fact Collecta prior to the new Tyrannosaurus had to put all of their theropods on a base, to make them stand. Then again Papo can make good non-tripods if they want; the Baryonyx, Ceratosaurus and Cryolophosaurus all stand on their two normal-size feet. To be honest I think that only the Spinosaurus and the running T-Rex have hugely oversized feet, other non-tripod theropods such as the Allosaurus and the Carnotaurus have theirs fairly decently sized.

mgaguilar

Quote from: Reptilia on March 23, 2018, 01:19:07 PM
Quote from: mgaguilar on March 21, 2018, 02:55:08 AM

Those two you mention have abnormally large hips, I vastly prefer something like the Papo Acrocanthosaurus and Dilophosaurus pose than anatomical disproportions such as Collecta's. In fact Collecta prior to the new Tyrannosaurus had to put all of their theropods on a base, to make them stand. Then again Papo can make good non-tripods if they want; the Baryonyx, Ceratosaurus and Cryolophosaurus all stand on their two normal-size feet. To be honest I think that only the Spinosaurus and the running T-Rex have hugely oversized feet, other non-tripod theropods such as the Allosaurus and the Carnotaurus have theirs fairly decently sized.

Ah thank you for letting me know. But aren't the Baryonyx, Ceratosaurus, and Cryolophosaurus all posed in a way that they could utilize an appendage as a third leg if stability issues occur (which seems to be more often than not)?

Reptilia

Yes, which is better than not having that option at all, if stability issues occur. But still they're designed to stand on their two feet.

Atokensis

Some nice looking Giganotosaurus's  :)

mgaguilar

Ugh, YES @Atokensis. Been waiting for an amazing, decently affordable Giga.

But I'd love to see Papo's rendition of a feathered Tyrannosaurus Rex. Be beautiful if they could pull it off.

DragonRider02

Papo could make a Gorgosaurus with colors based on the one from WWD. And more pterosaurs.

Shonisaurus

I would not mind that Papo plagiarized works of great paleoilustradores to realize the longed for giganotosaurus as long as there were no complaints on the part of the artists and it is more had their approval and with cession of author rights.  ;)

My greatest wish is that if one day Papo makes a giganotosaurus it is the best that ever existed and exists in the whole toy market. Papo in its theropods is unparalleled as details their figures are not based on a part of their collection in scientific evidence but it should be noted that they are very detailed and are figures within the paleoart of main interest for many members of the forum.

In a certain way, in the immense majority of dinosaurs and extinct animals, of which there are fossil remains, I would dare to say 97%, everything is speculative.

What I do want Papo to risk making theropods even if they were in a more modest size and pterosaurs and prehistoric marine animals (although the latter have not yet done so) without a mobile jaw like Collecta does.

I would like the Papo company to satisfy dinosaur followers with articulated jaws as well as those who do not like this type of figure and the totally static favorites.

MLMjp

Carnotaurus repaint based on Jurassic Worlds colors please.  :) :)

Reptilia

If anything I'd like to see a Baryonyx repaint. Not based on FK though, just to see if they can improve the model as they did with the Acrocanthosaurus.

A partially feathered Tyrannosaurus would be nice too. But I stand by my dream line-up: Giganotosaurus, Diplodocus and Pentaceratops.

canadian

I wish Papo could produce a fierce-looking mosasaurus plus a good-looking elasmosaurus.  I think marine reptiles are the weakest for Papo.  In addition, a new triceratops/stegosaurus/pteranodon would also be fine.

tanystropheus

Perhaps, a new Allosaurus in a unique pose.

Chasmosaur. Lexovisosaur. Corythosaurus. Kentrosaurus. Edaphosaurus. Suchomimus. Gallimimus

Cretaceous Crab

In no particular order...

Theropods: Torvosaurus, Majungsaurus, Suchomimus, Appalachiosaurus, Utahraptor or Dakotaraptor, updated Spinosaurus

Sauropods: any titanosaur

Ornithischians: any hadrosaur besides Parasaurolophus, Ouranosaurus,

stargatedalek

I would love to see Papo tackle the few JP designs they haven't tried their hands at, maybe even some expanded universe ones, JP The Game Mosasaur anyone?

Loon

Quote from: stargatedalek on March 30, 2018, 02:27:34 AM
I would love to see Papo tackle the few JP designs they haven't tried their hands at, maybe even some expanded universe ones, JP The Game Mosasaur anyone?
I would dig that mosasaur as figure, that was a very neat design, much better than the mosasaur.

Shonisaurus

An improved reprint of the Tylosaurus and Papo plesiosaurus would be welcome in my collection.  :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: